The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What If Iron Maiden...

+4
Kerrick
exo
Temple of Blood
MegaNorm64
8 posters

Go down

What If Iron Maiden... Empty What If Iron Maiden...

Post by MegaNorm64 Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:18 am

Recorded a Re-Recording album of older songs with their current lineup? I'm talking songs where Adrian and Bruce were absent like the Di'Anno and Blaze Bayley eras. I would love to hear an appropriate recording of The Clansmen with Bruce Dickinson or The Sign Of The Cross, those are great songs from the Blaze albums! How about an appropriate studio recording of Prowler, Wrathchild, Phantom Of The Opera and Strange World from the Di'anno albums? With Adrian not being there for I think 3 of Maidens albums (?), he could really add some rocking material that would bring the songs some fresh air.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

What If Iron Maiden... Empty Re: What If Iron Maiden...

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:45 am

I think the versions of those songs done with the original singers are great and don't need to be touched.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:03 am

Well, the Di'anno stuff was written with his much more raw sound/style in mind, not all of it will play nice with Bruce's style.....and so much of it is just ICONIC.  You just don't mess with stuff like that.

The Blaze stuff seems written without paying attention to the fact that Blaze is actually a much different beast from Bruce, and might work OK.....but SO MUCH of it is just subpar (for Maiden, at least) material to me....

I don't think a straight up re-record would work, simply because the band itself is no longer the band it was at the time of writing that stuff.  I MIGHT be interested in hearing the band "re-imagine" some of the Blaze era stuff with Adrian and Bruce's input....but it'd have to be COMPLETELY overhauled into their latest incarnation's styles not just "band re-records original parts, Adrian adds a part, and Bruce sings Blaze's lines".  I also think there's a level of respect and appreciation between Blaze and Maiden where they wouldn't want to possibly slap Blaze in the face like that....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:26 am

^Can't argue with that.  Though Bruce does sing some of their old songs live and they sound pretty great.  He definitely gives 'em a much different feel and it works well IMO.

However, I'm not quite ready for them to be one of those bands who stops being creative but instead focuses on trying to relive their golden years of times long past.  While The Final Frontier wasn't their best, their previous album A Mater Of Life And Death, was absolutely fantastic.  They still got it in them to make great new tunes and I'd love to see them focus on further developing and building upon their sound.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Can't argue with that.  Though Bruce does sing some of their old songs live and they sound pretty great.  He definitely gives 'em a much different feel and it works well IMO.

However, I'm not quite ready for them to be one of those bands who stops being creative but instead focuses on trying to relive their golden years of times long past.  While The Final Frontier wasn't their best, their previous album A Mater Of Life And Death, was absolutely fantastic.  They still got it in them to make great new tunes and I'd love to see them focus on further developing and building upon their sound.
Well, some bands did re-recordings and are still going strong, Anthrax, Testament and Stryper for example. I totally agree about Bruce sounding great singing the older and Bayley songs live. The recording of The Clansman is what got me interested in them ever doing a re-recording album. It freakin' rules! Check it!

As much of a fan I am of the original recording with Blaze, it just doesn't hold up to this version.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 am

Blaze's version is great.

Bruce doesn't need to sing every non-Bruce song to make them great.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:58 pm

I think my feeling on this would be similar to how I would view a Brian Johnson re-record of Bon Scott....just leave it alone.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:37 pm

sentient 6 wrote:I think my feeling on this would be similar to how I would view a Brian Johnson re-record of Bon Scott....just leave it alone.

Another good example would be Tourniquet re-recording Stereotaxic Atrocities. Great song, but not for this particular lineup.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:40 am

Bruce has never sang Strange World.  Although he did sing Purgatory, Twilight Zone, and Drifter a few times back in 1982, but never since then.

Blaze Bayley did make a much better and heavier version of Sign of the Cross song with his solo band BLAZE.  It is on Youtube.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:39 am

Kerrick wrote:^Can't argue with that.  Though Bruce does sing some of their old songs live and they sound pretty great.  He definitely gives 'em a much different feel and it works well IMO.

+Eddie to infinity  Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:49 am

Here are a few I enjoy, particularly the first one:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 am

Oh man... That Prowler...   Metal 3
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Yep, that is the B-Side song from the The Evil That Men Do single.

Bruce has sang Prowler a few times recently during The Early Days concert tour, but it is usually a song that Iron Maiden does not play much anymore.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down