The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New P.O.D. Cover Art...

+3
messiaen77
d@v!d
Candlemass
7 posters

Go down

New P.O.D. Cover Art... Empty New P.O.D. Cover Art...

Post by Candlemass Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:05 am

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

New P.O.D. Cover Art... Empty Re: New P.O.D. Cover Art...

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:24 am

I just glanced a little at the comments. I thought this one was interesting.

Dani Stone "Há pessoas que entende o conceito através da arte da capa e há pessoas ignorantes que deixam a religião falar mais alto que sua própria fé. O que vejo nessa imagem é a realidade da grande sociedade (a adoração as demais coisas acima da adoração de Deus). Um pouco mais de cultura não faz mal a ninguém."

There are people that understand the concept in the cover art and there are ignorant people that let religion speak louder than their own faith. What I see in this image is the reality of greater society (worshiping of things over worshiping God). A little more culture never hurt anyone.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 am

Hey, its one thing to throw around Rasta references, but Catholicism is going too far!!!!
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 pm

d@v!d wrote:I just glanced a little at the comments. I thought this one was interesting.

Dani Stone "Há pessoas que entende o conceito através da arte da capa e há pessoas ignorantes que deixam a religião falar mais alto que sua própria fé. O que vejo nessa imagem é a realidade da grande sociedade (a adoração as demais coisas acima da adoração de Deus). Um pouco mais de cultura não faz mal a ninguém."

There are people that understand the concept in the cover art and there are ignorant people that let religion speak louder than their own faith. What I see in this image is the reality of greater society (worshiping of things over worshiping God). A little more culture never hurt anyone.
I found this comment interesting too which basically says the same thing. "The cover is of Babylon ironically. Those false images and idols."

The album cover looks cool even though it is just a cheap picture of religious decoration, haha.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by hellig Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Let's not forget their own heritage, and where they come from. San Diego has a large contingent of Latinos -- and therefore, Catholics.
hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:35 pm

hellig wrote:Let's not forget their own heritage, and where they come from. San Diego has a large contingent of Latinos -- and therefore, Catholics.
Which is exactly how I interpreted it.  The album is "The So-Cal Sessions" after all.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

d@v!d wrote:I just glanced a little at the comments. I thought this one was interesting.

Well, you can basically have many points of views, based on an image. This is just one of them. Only the band can explain themselves and tell us the real reason for a cover like that. The rest is only especulation. Maybe it is only a way to call attention, as New metal is not so popular anymore.All I can say is that is not the first time P.O.D. has been involved in religion polemics. And no matter what the meaning is, this cover is awful anyway. And so is their music (I am sorry if there is any fans of P.O.D. here, but I have the right to say this).

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:17 am

Anyone get this?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by inchrist214 Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:25 pm

I pledged them do their acoustic cd and it has never arrived. I finally got my money back and have decided I can no longer support them. I am not a fan of the cover, but it seems to be the way they are going, their last CD had a cuss word on it. I came to the conclusion that all I can do is pray for the band as only God knows what is really going on with them.

inchrist214
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:31 pm

I support this band because I have fallen under the illumination of the illuminated under the illusion of of the Illuminati. We are illuminated illustrated Illuminati subscribers subscribed to the Illuminated Illusions Which Have Been Illuminated By The IllumiNation Which Is A Nation Of The Illuminati (AKA: IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI). We are hidden and pride ourselves in how well we are at hiding that we have become bored and started to throw clues everywhere. First world Illuminati problems: NO ONE BELIEVES ITS US.

Message brought to you by The Illuminated Illusions Which Have Been Illuminated By The IllumiNation Which Is A Nation Of The Illuminati (AKA: IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI)

#IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Well, that was all so illuminating...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Have I persuaded you into being a part of the IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI brotherhood?
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 pm

ParaNormaN wrote:I support this band because I have fallen under the illumination of the illuminated under the illusion of of the Illuminati. We are illuminated illustrated Illuminati subscribers subscribed to the Illuminated Illusions Which Have Been Illuminated By The IllumiNation Which Is A  Nation Of The Illuminati (AKA: IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI). We are hidden and pride ourselves in how well we are at hiding that we have become bored and started to throw clues everywhere. First world Illuminati problems: NO ONE BELIEVES ITS US.

Message brought to you by The Illuminated Illusions Which Have Been Illuminated By The IllumiNation Which Is A  Nation Of The Illuminati (AKA: IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI)

#IIWHBIBTIWIANOTI
Rolf 1
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down