The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Lost...

+7
XenonLion
Noods
Candlemass
MegaNorm64
d@v!d
Kerrick
Peter who was Vaak
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm Lost... - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Lost...

Post by Peter who was Vaak Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks a lot, man.  That did help a lot.  I think I will begin to concentrate more on the Bible starting tonight.

A few updates since last post:
1. I saw the counselor again.  Everything went well, very good.  We talked for a bit, I explained how I am less anxious, nervous, etc.  The session went well then the ending came and she asked me towards what ends I wanted the sessions to go.  I wasn't sure.  She elaborated saying that I have obviously made a group of friends, found a place I belong, and that I am overcoming a lot of the problems I had.  The point being, I might not need her so much anymore.  So, I am seeing her in two weeks instead of one.  I wanted to see her again in one, but we couldn't schedule it.  Anyways, I am doing a lot better.  Praise the Lord!

2. Last night, I was at a church group and at one point we were told to think how we could change to please God.  For a couple of minutes straight, the word "math" was popping in my head.  Actually, scratch that, it was screaming in my head.  I hadn't enjoyed political science and had been considering changing to math or computer science.  I was leaning towards math, but was worried because I didn't do too well.  Then I remembered a verse in the Bible, John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."  Then I started thinking about my life and was starting to come to the conclusion, God probably put that desire to do math in my heart and was waiting on me to get closer to help me do better.  When I was growing up, my favorite toy was a calculator, I had an innate sense for math in that I could do a lot in my head, especially algebra related, without knowing how to even write out the work, I had taught myself HTML(OK, that's not programming, but...), and the like. I talked to my mentor today who is great, we talked about that some and he told me a few more things, saying God puts these desires in our hearts and wants us to succeed in them.  So, as I went silent again, "math" popped up again.  It seems God is telling me to put him first and go after this.  I am pretty happy.  So, I guess this is where God is pushing me.  I am looking forward to this journey as next semester, which starts in a couple of weeks, I will have Calc III, applied linear algebra and java.  Praise the Lord!  One of my problems, though, is actually concentrating and doing it, but if I know what I am doing towards ends that glorify God, I will be able to buckle down and do it better.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 am

Well, one last update.  I started seeing a new counselor and she's Christian, so I can be more open with her!  Which, after two meetings, helped her conclude...I'm schizophrenic.  I have a mild case of it, as opposed to the severe cases where people go on rampages and whatnot.  I have to see a doctor tomorrow about some medication.  So, that's about it.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey dude, I'm glad you've found some answers.  I hope now that you know what may be the cause of your ailments, you'll be better equipped to take it head-on.  Thanks for keeping us posted!  How's school going?  Have you continued to feel led in a math-related direction?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks, yeah, that's the plan.  I feel God wants me here to help deal with this stuff.
School is going great so far.  I am better understanding the mathematical concepts I am learning than previously and I am actually enjoying studying.  It's been great so far.  I am really looking forward to it.

Last edited by Vaak on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Awesome to hear!  cheers

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:40 pm

I see a psychiatrist two weeks from Tuesday.  Ah, that's the soonest they had available.  Bah!

Also, as for math, I gotta say, I am thoroughly enjoying linear algebra.  I don't remember enjoying math so much.  Admittedly, it's really easy so far, but man, still great fun.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2