The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd collections

+18
Sophia Valentine
HenrikB
Kerrick
stringfellow_hawke
Nocturnal Servant
BlackCowl
metallikitty
MikeInFla
MadKraken
Blake
Nyx74
guilty/forgiven
nairtoons
oteis
unworthy
stevegarveyfan
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Odd collections - Page 2 Empty Re: Odd collections

Post by BlackCowl Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:11 am

My daughter and I have a killer rock collection. We got all shapes, sizes, colors.
BlackCowl
BlackCowl
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Bottle caps. The metal ones. Whether I get them from buying a glass bottled soda, out of those bottle openers at service stations, on the street, or just laying around. I keep them in a shoe box. It's just a little thing I've got going to occupy my mind when I'm bored.

I also get any spare, old or new, electronics or computer parts that I can find. Not only a collection, but also useful for fixing stuff, building or modding stuff, or simply experimenting.

Pennies. Because they can become a lot of $$$ over time.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 pm

I collect autographs.  I have a binder with photos, ticket stubs or whatever else was signed.  And a cd holder for cd booklets.

Is that odd? lol
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 pm

^I have some autographed items, I've misplaced most over the years though.

--------------------

Some other collections I forgot to mention include:

Weapons, lots and lots of weapons. Guns, knives, tomahawks, make-shift melee weapons (Barb wire wrapped pick axe handle, spike covered smoothed out and hardened stick etc.), cross-bow, bow and arrow, and as much ammo as I can get a hold of. I'm sure a few more things as well.

Video games, I have games for PS3, PS4, PSP, Xbox 360, GameCube, and PC. (Not exactly odd, but I still felt like mentioning it.)

Empty ammo cartridges, simply for the sake of reloading them once I get the supplies to do so.

Digital album art, stored on my PC.

And that's all that I can think of at the moment.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu May 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:^I have some autographed items, I've misplaced most over the years though.

--------------------

Weapons, lots and lots of weapons. Guns, knives, tomahawks, make-shift melee weapons (Barb wire wrapped pick axe handle, spike covered smoothed out and hardened stick etc.), cross-bow, bow and arrow, and as much ammo as I can get a hold of. I'm sure a few more things as well.

Video games, I have games for PS3, PS4, PSP, Xbox 360, GameCube, and PC. (Not exactly odd, but I still felt like mentioning it.)

Empty ammo cartridges, simply for the sake of reloading them once I get the supplies to do so.

Very cool.  that stinks that you misplaced them though.  I have a lot of wrestlers, war heroes (medal of honor recipients, aces, etc.) and cd booklets signed by bands or a few members.  Brian Johnson from AC/DC, Judas Priest, Kerry King from Slayer, and Rex Brown from Pantera are some of my bigger scores.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu May 11, 2017 5:40 pm

stringfellow_hawke wrote:
Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:^I have some autographed items, I've misplaced most over the years though.

--------------------

Very cool.  that stinks that you misplaced them though.  I have a lot of wrestlers, war heroes (medal of honor recipients, aces, etc.) and cd booklets signed by bands or a few members.  Brian Johnson from AC/DC, Judas Priest, Kerry King from Slayer, and Rex Brown from Pantera are some of my bigger scores.

Wow dude, nice! It'll be an awesome day if or when I'd be able to get Antestor to sign my copy of The Forsaken.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu May 11, 2017 5:52 pm

You know?  I messaged them on Facebook about getting a signed copy of Omen.  they told me they would get back to me and never did.  Then again I never prompted them after the fact...  Maybe I should give them a try again... Question
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu May 11, 2017 5:59 pm

stringfellow_hawke wrote:You know?  I messaged them on Facebook about getting a signed copy of Omen.  they told me they would get back to me and never did.  Then again I never prompted them after the fact...  Maybe I should give them a try again... Question

It's worth a shot. I'd try it. It's not like you've got anything to lose.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 am

stringfellow_hawke wrote:I collect autographs.  I have a binder with photos, ticket stubs or whatever else was signed.  And a cd holder for cd booklets.

Is that odd? lol

Not really.  I think a lot of people do that.  I used to but eventually started throwing stuff away because I have a tiny house.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Whenever I'd go over to one of my friends' house from highschool, I'd ogle at his mom's Russian lacquer box collection.  It's a beautiful style of art of painted jewelry boxes (usually up to about six inches long or so) with hand-painted depictions of Russian folk stories in exquisite detail - often painted with a single strand of hair.  The bold colors, fantastic/folk imagery, and ultra-fine detail just captivated me.  Anyways, fast-forward to about a year ago when my parents were cleaning out their house of stuff they had inherited from my great-grandmother and lo and behold was one such box!  I was thrilled.  A few months later at a flea-market I found a smaller, round one for only $3 and thus began my collection.  The nice ones are ultra-expensive so I may never add any others, but I have a collection of two boxes now.  Smile  Here's a picture I took of them:

Odd collections - Page 2 20190510

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:05 am

So I have another random collection: Royal Doulton face pitchers.  What a Face  My parents had these forever but when they moved, my mom was going to get rid of them!  I've always loved them so I gladly took them off her hands and now they watch over our kitchen from up high haha.

Odd collections - Page 2 20190910

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:28 am

I've collected Energy drink bottles and cans. Whenever I find a new brand that I haven't tried before, I add that to my collection. I think I have more 160+ different brands at the moment. I think I'll stop collecting though...they take up so much space. And I rarely even drink Energy drinks anymore, these days I basically drink them only when I find new brands.
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:18 pm

^I don't think I've ever heard of anyone collecting energy drink cans and bottles before! Very unique. I can see how that'd get quite bulky though... I dunno about glass bottles, but I bet you could cut out the labels on the cans, flatten them, and make a cool collage or something with 'em.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 am

^Thing is...I used to do it, realised it was bulky and got rid of them. But I thought it was a cool thing to do, so I started over years later Very Happy And once again I'm at the stage where I think it's bulky...
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Oh dang haha. I still think you should turn the cans (and/or bottles) into some cool art piece instead that'll still clearly display all the different labels but take up less space. Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Another thrift-shop score!  These "Russian" ceramic boxes were made in Germany, but they look close enough to fit in my collection and they were very cheap so I couldn't pass 'em up.  Smile

Odd collections - Page 2 20191212

My collection thus far:

Odd collections - Page 2 20191210

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Valentine Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:14 pm

I like to collect dolls, bobble heads, books, vinyl, art and crayons...
Sophia Valentine
Sophia Valentine
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:31 pm

I scored some new toby mugs for cheap.  Smile 

Odd collections - Page 2 Img

Tyrant
Tyrant

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddierecords1 Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:25 am

I collect free things. Free sampler CDs. Free digital downloads from bands/labels. Free mp3's. Free racing cards. Free diecasts and shirts. Free pc demos and games(don't ever buy games).

If I can't get something I like in the free territory, I like to spend as little as possible to get it and make it. Like mtg I use all common cards. Same with mlb showdown. It's like a mind challenge to be successful with cheap things to me. I also grew up really poor so that's how I did things as a kid and it nevr changed.

(While I don't really spend money on CDs etc. I save the little I have to go to my favorite bands shows or buy shirts)

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 pm

I have a collection of about 40 watches.  Specifically, microbrand and independent watch brand watches that are between "some" and "completely" made in the USA and have a Swiss or US movement.

So, the majority of them are Swiss quartz watches designed, assembled, tested and sold in the USA by companies like:  Minuteman, S&B, Lum-Tec and others.  Some have USA made quartz movements from a company called FTS.  Another dozen or so meet the same specs, but have a Swiss or US made mechanical movement, either automatic or manual wind.  Brands like Dufrane, Ocean Crawler and McDowell.  I have one Vortic watch which is 100% made in the USA, but the movement, dial and hands are from a 100+ year old Illinois Watch Co pocketwatch.  Only the case, crystal and strap are new.  And my two favorites are from Weiss Watch Co.  In their American Issue line of watches that are about 98% hand made in the USA.  From all of the tiny parts in the movement to the case, crystal and leather strap, proudly American made!

I have several that I really want to purchase, but it's kind of an expensive hobby.  To give you an idea though, my whole collection is only worth about one mid priced Rolex...
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:59 pm

I collect bad memories
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:35 pm

I have a sea shell collection.  It includes some crab claws, rocks and other assorted beach detritus.....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2