The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kreyson

+12
Staybrite
SirJahzeal
METALGIANT
My Awesome Timothy
Sutekh
Peter who was Vaak
darktower
Fundy
OldFatGuy
eatbugs
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kreyson - Page 2 Empty Re: Kreyson

Post by METALGIANT Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:56 am

Yep I understand unworthy but what if you did not grow up in a for example English speaking country? And what if you nearly can`t find any music in your native language that you like?
That is how I started I guessed that the lyrics where o.k..
So it is also a question of the situation you are in.

METALGIANT
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, I've tried some songs in their native language and it didn't work. And I'm not sure if it works in my native language, the portuguese. That's why 90% of brazilian bands sing in english.

I only enjoy some eterna songs in portuguese and metal nobre, which is a hard'n'heavy band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgzeTYZDxLI

Back to top Go down

Post by METALGIANT Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 am

Honestly Thiago, I always realized that many Brazilian bands in general can not compete with American or European bands. Often they simply try to copy other bands and I also realized as soon as they are trying to write English songs the quality and the songwriting is getting bad. Sorry it is a fact if your are not comfortable with a language how can you write good songs in it and how can the singer do his job well? TERAPON is a good example, they had some killer songs in Portuguese and then they came up with their album in English it was just o.k..

I only know a few Brazilian Power- and Melodic Metal bands who can handle English lyrics (with Thrash, Death and Black it is different).
ETERNA are great in both languages but beside ETERNA there is not much, (maybe only DYNASTY) and even ETERNA are pretty much unknown in the rest of the world because they have no international record deal.

As for Portuguese, METAL NOBRE yes, OFICINA G3, STAUROS (I think their two English albums were not really good especially because of the new singer).....

METALGIANT
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:56 pm

METALGIANT wrote:Honestly Thiago, I always realized that many Brazilian bands in general can not compete with American or European bands.
I agree with it, but I wouldn't say that the main reason is the language, although I have to say that only a few people in Brazil could write good lyrics in english, because we don't learn a second language during our childhood, different from the richest countries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonkmh Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Love their music... and yes they do sound a bit like Saxon somewhat in my opinon. They are very underated to I believe!
Dillonkmh
Dillonkmh
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 am

I listened to the 20 Years album yesterday. Good stuff! I like the updated version better. I had the originals and sold them. I hated the drums and the mix just seemed off. There were also some filler songs. The updated version fixed that for me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm necromancing this thread...   Twisted Evil

First off, Kreyson has become one of my favorite and most listened-to bands.  (Part of their charm for me is that they sing in Czech.)  Though I was looking at the lyrics posted on the Metal Archives for their first two albums and then listening to the 20 Years Of Kreyson album on youtube* and noticed that the lyrics are completely different...  The 20 Years... album is very explicitly and up-front Christian, though it'd seem the original versions of these songs are more secular (still clean though).  Does anyone know what's up with that?  It's great that they changed the lyrics to be "more Christian" though I'm very curious what the history of it all is.

*I haven't bought it since I have the original versions which I like just fine, though now I'm considering maybe I should pick it up...

Example:

Here are the lyrics listed on the Metal Archives for their song Kreyson:

Kreyson (according to the M.A.) wrote:Relentless town - in the haze of the night
Running around - their eyes dissatisfied

Spidergod Kreyson thought out an evil plan
Creating baby beasts and spreading them around

He called his breeding the 'Spider of luck'
He knew that people couldn't get enough

After a while you could see them growing
The reign of terror - it started now

OOH KREYSON - like the devil
OOH KREYSON - lost forever?

Without defence - under cover of night
The spiderhost captured the land

With a good grace they followed their god
The human race was drowned in blood

Only a few got ready to fight
Roving about like ancient knights

The fairly brave got no respite
And since that time nothing has changed

Once in a while it seems like a nightmare
Maybe this war will end up never

OOH KREYSON - like the devil
OOH KREYSON - lost forever?

(Repeat Chorus)

And here's the version from 20 Years Of Kreyson:

The other songs all seem quite different too.  Anyone know why?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Good Question.

I have the 20 years of Kreyson version and I wasn't aware of the previous version.
The lyrics apparently are completely different.

Once I saw on Youtube the song I've known as "Endure the Night" and it had different lyrics as well.
That video featured a girl on vocals, too. Doro, If I am not mistaken.

So, it means they have the czech version, english version and a christian version of some songs? Very creative.

Who have released the 20 years versions? I guess it was roxx productions. We should reach out and talk to him. 
Let us know if anyone is doing it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 pm

The 20 Years Of Kreyson was released by Retroactive.  I wonder if the Ulterium re-releases of the first two albums have these lyrics...  I'll check on youtube.  Smile

EDIT: looks like the Ulterium reissues are the older lyrics listed on the M.A.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Who have released the 20 years versions? I guess it was roxx productions. We should reach out and talk to him. 
Let us know if anyone is doing it...

I posted on Retroactive Records' facebook page and will let you know what I hear back.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Kerrick wrote:I'm necromancing this thread...   Twisted Evil 

Wow.  What is the record for the oldest active thread?

I have Crusaders.  I used to listen to it A LOT but for some reason I never tracked down anything else by them.  I'm not even sure how easy it is to find anything else by them.

I'm glad to see a band becoming more Christian instead of less so.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Ha, I'm not sure what the record is... but this is probably close!

Crusaders is a fantastic album.  Their latest, Navrat Krale is probably my favorite, with Crusaders coming in at a close second.  Ulterium re-released their first two albums (Angel On The Run and Crusaders) and you can get those very easily and not break the bank doing so.  Navrat Krale isn't too difficult to get either.  I bought the Czech versions of their first three albums and Navrat Krale while I was visiting family in Slovakia.   Cool  What I haven't been able to track down for a decent price is their fourth album, Zakon Dzungle... which is currently probably my #1 most sought-after album on my want-list.

And yeah, typically bands seem to move away from bold Christian lyrics, so it's quite refreshing to see a great band getting bolder with their lyrics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2