The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kreyson

+12
Staybrite
SirJahzeal
METALGIANT
My Awesome Timothy
Sutekh
Peter who was Vaak
darktower
Fundy
OldFatGuy
eatbugs
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kreyson Empty Kreyson

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 pm

I just picked up the reissue of their "Angel on the Run" album, based largely on the review on Angelic Warlord and the samples at the band's website. Money well spent! This is a terrific heavy metal album. Lots of speedy riffing and monstrous 80s-style drumming. I heard samples of Crusader, the follow-up album, and I don't know that I'll like that one as much. The raw energy on this album and the heavier and faster riffing is really great.

I listened to samples of the 20 Years of Kreyson re-record, and I wasn't nearly as impressed. I know many disagree with me, but when music like this is stripped of those big 80s drums, it loses 50% of its power. The songs were decent and well played, and it was well-produced, but the originals from the old days are much better to me because the drums are like cannons.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Kreyson Empty Re: Kreyson

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:15 pm

I'll have to check out the reissue. I've heard the 20 years and it was ok but nothing too special.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Crusaders is the only one I have (so far) but I like it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OldFatGuy Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:20 pm

I like them as well. More Gems from the past.
OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.wrestlingwithfood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:46 pm

I loved the two original english albums mainly because of the vocals. Great stuff.

Fundy
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm

This band always reminds me of a cross between Saxon and early manowar...great band!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:31 am

Agree with FoJ about the drums. I think it is called gated reverb, not sure. But the same thing happened when Dave Mustaine remastered the Megadeth albums. He totally butchered SFSGSW, especially the drums.

Back to top Go down

Post by darktower Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:12 pm

I enjoy their stuff, thought the best of is good enough for me!

darktower
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 pm

I continue to jam this record. This is a smokin' piece of heavy metal! Wow.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm not a fan of their kind of metal, but I got the 20 years album and listened to it a lot. I will get their rereleases sometime in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:40 pm

I have never listened to them, I just remember before I started listening to metal I saw a guy drawing a logo picture of theirs, with a pentagram, saying something like "I'm so desperate I'm now listening to Kreyson." I always assumed they were satanic after that, though never looked.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:50 am

Satanic? No. Christian!

Check out samples of their two re-released albums on Amazon (and probably iTunes).
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sutekh Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 am

Haven't heard the reissues, but I have the originals, and they sound fine to me!
Sutekh
Sutekh
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:25 am

I think they have a new release coming soon according to website!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:26 am

That's true, but if they are going to release only in their language, I'll certainly not going to get this.

Back to top Go down

Post by METALGIANT Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm

You miss something if you keep your only English language thing. The 3rd and especially 4th KREYSON album are great and yes these are in czech. The live DVD was also really good and the video clip which features DORO.... Looking forward to their new stuff.

METALGIANT
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't pay a lot of attention to lyrics beyond making sure that they're not evil. But often times, and on the "Angel on the Run" album, I can't understand half of what they're saying anyway. However, I still can pick up a good bit and can sing along with it. If its in another language, I can't possibly do that. So, I may be missing on some great metal, but IMO the band is missing out on far more album sales by sticking to making records in such an obscure language. The whole world buys English albums. Czecks and few other Europeans will be a Czeck album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by METALGIANT Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:51 pm

First the whole world does not speak English even if most of the releases are maybe in English.
We as kids listened to music even if we could not understand the lyrics, we simply did not understand English back then.
As for KREYSON, they have a large following in their home country and the US market, to be honest, has almost no meaning for traditional Metal anyway. The big sales are still in Europe and Asia especially when it comes to CD`s.
BTW another thing, the Spanish speaking music scene is maybe at least as big as the English one. If your argument would be true why French, Spanish and even German singing artists had big hits outside their home countries? What about RAMMSTEIN, why they are successful in the whole world? BTW in general in many non English speaking countries the local music is very successful and dominates the Charts. I realized especially with South American bands that it is so much better if the continue to sing in their own language because they simply are not good enough in English to write songs in this language, they can not feel in the language and this often destroys their songs.

METALGIANT
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 pm

To be honest, I still have some problems to understand the english language, but I don't know why, that's my favorite language to listen to, mainly talking about metal. I couldn't listen to any kreyson song in their native language. I actually don't even like to hear metal in portuguese, my native idiom.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 pm

I prefer the bands/artists sing in their own language. The presentation of the lyrical content comes across far more personal and the flow is not distorted in any way when done in their home tongue, in my opinion.

I only speak (fluently, at least) in English, Spanish and Irish (Gaelic). However, I am still very much capable of enjoying lyrics in other languages. Smile

I enjoy Kreyson in both languages and have most of their albums.
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm

METALGIANT wrote:First the whole world does not speak English even if most of the releases are maybe in English.
We as kids listened to music even if we could not understand the lyrics, we simply did not understand English back then.
As for KREYSON, they have a large following in their home country and the US market, to be honest, has almost no meaning for traditional Metal anyway. The big sales are still in Europe and Asia especially when it comes to CD`s.
BTW another thing, the Spanish speaking music scene is maybe at least as big as the English one. If your argument would be true why French, Spanish and even German singing artists had big hits outside their home countries? What about RAMMSTEIN, why they are successful in the whole world? BTW in general in many non English speaking countries the local music is very successful and dominates the Charts. I realized especially with South American bands that it is so much better if the continue to sing in their own language because they simply are not good enough in English to write songs in this language, they can not feel in the language and this often destroys their songs.

Mercy. Did I hit a nerve or something? I find it funny that you admit most releases are in English. Why do you suppose that is?

Did I say the whole world speaks English? And in metal, um, NO, the Spanish market isn't 1/10th of the English market. Don't react emotionally as if I'm attacking your country. I don't have an English superiority complex. But as you admitted, most releases, including all the biggest and most successful metal acts in Europe, are all in English. Why did Kreyson and HB even bother with English albums? Because they knew that they would reach a far wider audience, that's why.

If a band wants to sing in their native tongue, go for it. I'm not condemning. But its simply an undeniable fact that if a metal band wants to reach a wider audience, they sing in English. I admire a band that says, "screw the audience and sales...we want to sing in our own tongue". But while I admire their stand, I won't buy their record because I can't understand a word of it.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
If a band wants to sing in their native tongue, go for it. I'm not condemning. But its simply an undeniable fact that if a metal band wants to reach a wider audience, they sing in English. I admire a band that says, "screw the audience and sales...we want to sing in our own tongue". But while I admire their stand, I won't buy their record because I can't understand a word of it.

Completely agree with that.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

Completely agree with that.

Ditto!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by METALGIANT Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 am

Sometimes it is not simple "if they want". English is not easy to learn for everyone and even if you can speak it if you want to write a good song in English you have to be able to express your feelings and that is a really hard task. Another thing is, there is a certain perfection expected, so many times if bands are making funny sounding lyrics because they are not so good in the language they got judged for it and this also does not necessary leads to success. I am just saying give Bands a chance even if they do not sing in English. For example there is a band called MINEA, they are from Finland and one of the best christian Hard Rock Bands out there (they sound like JERUSALEM in the best days) but they sing in Finish.

Another thing is, singing in your native language does not have to stop your international career their are several examples of bands who are really successful also in the USA although they are singing in their own language beside RAMMSTEIN for example DIR EN GREY from Japan.

I also found out that especially in Japan there are bands who maybe none knows in the US but have sold Millions of records in Asia alone, these bands would be maybe loose the local market if they start singing in English.

Or also Russia a band like ARIJA who are around for over 25 years now and who are still big in the former Sowjetunion Countries (they just did a collaboration with Udo Dirkschneider (Ex-ACCEPT). There songs are killer!!!

So for me a good song is a good song if I understand the lyrics or not.
Of course everyone has the right to listen the music and languages her/he wants but I repeat myself you will miss some great music.

Just want to end this whole discussion with: "Give the last two KREYSON albums a chance!"
BTW I would not call KREYSON a christian band but they appeared in HEAVENS METAL back in the days.

METALGIANT
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by unworthy Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 am

I don't listen to music merely for "great music" but also for "great lyrics" .. so as far as I'm concerned if I cannot understand it I cannot appreciate it very much because half the equation is missing.
unworthy
unworthy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next