The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any home studio music Producers here

+21
guitarhoops
Markus1987
propandemic
sadvader
Blake
undertherose
High5denied
nerf_herder4444
Metal15
MysticNetherlands
Through The Dark Radio
woetoyou
dcorzine
_wes
Godfixated
Driven
Tobi Elektrik
ximperialx
alldatndensum
dreadchampion13
projectpandemic
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any home studio music Producers here - Page 2 Empty Re: Any home studio music Producers here

Post by sadvader Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 am

That's a cool project! I've downloaded it and will listen to it the next days. Currently I'm trying to create a compilation of songs for the sake of benefits but it's really difficult. A huge struggle are getting in contact with bands. And musicians with neuromuscular conditions. I'm not sure how to do it right.
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Any home studio music Producers here - Page 2 Empty Re: Any home studio music Producers here

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:16 am

I'm still just working on the blues project.  One song is going to be held up for a while as I try to learn the mandolin that I have just restored.  I was given one that was busted up bad.  I still have some cosmetic things to do to it, but she is again playable.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by propandemic Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Wow I started this thread quite awhile ago and somehow missed all the responses......pretty decent amount of music producers here....nice Wink
Or rather this must be a old profile.....how can that be fixed?
propandemic
propandemic
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.reverbnation.com/taurus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:23 pm

That's one of my songs. I also have bunch of other songs at my Youtube-channel Smile
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:05 am

Wow, it has been a long time since I have been here. This will be my first post seeing I can not remember my original login. This thread peaked my interest as I love home recording and heavy music. I have nothing new to post for music. Lots of songs in the works. Some of you may have heard my stuff. Unforsaken, Jon Hooper and guest guitarist on Incarnate, Endless Funeral and Pastor Brad.
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.unforsaken.ca/Jon/launchpage.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:09 pm

guitarhoops wrote:Wow, it has been a long time since I have been here. This will be my first post seeing I can not remember my original login. This thread peaked my interest as I love home recording and heavy music. I have nothing new to post for music. Lots of songs in the works. Some of you may have heard my stuff. Unforsaken, Jon Hooper and guest guitarist on Incarnate, Endless Funeral and Pastor Brad.

Oh yeah, I have Unforsaken and Incarnate. I bought them from Thomas. Welcome back!
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Thanks. I see some posters I remember. It's good to be back.
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:10 am

projectpandemic wrote:Anybody here write and produce their own music here. I played in bands for years but never really enjoyed music as much as I do when im in the zone in the studio? Here is a link to some stuff I have done. Lets hear some others.
Hey Taurus, I finally checked out the link. I really like your music. Metal 2 I liked it so much I clicked on the follow button. You are a talented song writer. A few questions. Is there any new music that you are working on or that is coming out soon? What are the instruments you play? Guitar guy Do you write lyrics?

Also dcozine man that is some insane playing.  Guitar guy

OK, I have listen to more stuff. The CMR has some talented bands and musicians.
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 pm

I have been working on an app to help connect people like you guys that have talent as musicians, producers or writers. You will have the filters of location (if needed), and musical style. There are a few options out there, buy they are not good at all. I am going to add some exclusive features, as well.

Who knows, maybe someday I will translate it to English, but firstly I need to see if this idea is profitable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:08 am

Complete recording noob here but have been reading about it and want to get into it.
Am a bit overwhelmed by all the choices.  

Can anyone recommend a good:

- Audio interface
- Software
- Plug-in's
- DAW

I'm mostly after interesting tones and textures for blues, rock, ambient, post-rock, and to a lesser extent metal, jazz, and anything in between.

Looking for software and equipment that is easy to use and doesn't have a steep learning curve, at least to get started.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm

Hey Constantine, when it comes to recording their is always a learning curve. As for software (DAW) it depends on which computer platform, Mac or PC? Also your interface may depend on the platform as well. One thing that would help is knowing how many inputs you will need to record at once. As for DAW's their are some options for free DAW's to get your feet wet before you dive in. I use Cakewalk by Bandlab, their is also Reaper that is free to try with no limitations. Their is also free plugin's that are cool to learn on as well.
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:29 pm

I'm very low-level/hobby/dude having fun level, and can't speak to a broad array of much of anything. With that said, for a DAW I use Tracktion 6, which is an older version but free and definitely functional and maybe even simpler than some, I don't know. I guess the "selling point" is a (more or less) single screen interface, so maybe that translates into "simple" compared to others. You will want to download an ASIO4ALL I think it was called "plugin" or whatever, that might not be the right word, but you will need it, which might now make it more complicated. But really not much. If you want to learn, for sure you can push through.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:38 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestion so far.  I have a Windows set up if that makes any difference (laptop).  For phone I have an Android.  I don't use any Apple products.

Another thing that bugs me is whenever I look at the reviews for a particular audio interface on Amazon, they all have mixed reviews with some very negative and some very positive.  So it's hard to know which one to take the plunge on.   I've pretty much ruled out the Positive Spark Riff because it just has too many complaints and limitations. Everything else is still fair game though.

As far as inputs, I would be fine with one as long as that still gives you the option to layer on tracks in a song using the recording software.   It's just going to be me recording with the guitar mostly.

Last edited by Constantine on Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:43 pm

I think I just got the cheapest interface from Behringer. I ask very little of it, it's fine.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:46 pm

I did look at the Behringer and saw that some people were complaining about it's sound quality.  I thought since I can afford something a little better that I would aim a little higher, although I would rather stay below $200 if possible.

That said, Cakewalk looks like a good DAW so now I just need to find a decent audio interface that works well with it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guitarhoops Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Look at Focusrite's Scarlett solo.
guitarhoops
guitarhoops
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:13 pm

I'm using a Mac with ProTools 9 and M-Audio Fast Track Pro as my audio interface.

No problems so far, but there is a significant learning curve to quality home recording, as others have said.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullivan Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:46 pm

I'm a pianist who learned DAWs and music theory, the theory part was all autodidactly. So I mix and can master, not like an expert but this made me create a multiple of projects, to lead to one unique idea: Electro/Metal (quasi "White" Industrial).
I started recently this project and maybe will have a pal playing some arabic instrument called rebab in it, I will look for an electric guitarist and if we ever get to make gigs I'll play the synth parts. I try to sing in spoken words with a terrible french accent in english.

Would love to show my first demo for the project but I need to wait 7 days

Sullivan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2