The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEMPERED STEEL radio program

+2
Jason_S
xMetalMarkx
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Empty Re: TEMPERED STEEL radio program

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:51 am

I just added February 27, 1993 download links.  Thanks to Jason Sullivan and Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  This 2-hour broadcast is split between "End Of Times" and "Released Upon The Earth" on the playlist.  LIVING SACRIFICE is the featured band, & D.J. is interviewed about the then-new L.S. album, Nonexistent.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Playli10
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:21 pm

I just added October 1, 1994 download link.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  Living Sacrifice is the featured band, and Dale & D.J. discuss the then-new L.S. album, Inhabit.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Playli11
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:44 pm

I just added September 7, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  This installment includes a Living Sacrifice interview w/DJ, discussing the then-new debut album.  On this transfer, I split the 2-hour broadcast between "New Awakening" and "Choose Today a Kingdom" on the playlist.  This broadcast includes an Empty Tomb request made by a Mark Fields in Naples, which was kind of weird to hear since that's also my name and I never made any contact w/T.S. until I started this blog 20 years later, many states away.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Playli12
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:38 pm

awesome! keep 'em coming!
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:53 am

Glad you like them.  I'm on track to upload a "new" broadcast pretty much every week for the next several months, until I work through the contribution backlog.

Today I added February 20, 1993 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  The program is split between "Hope You Stay Alive" and "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance" on the playlist.  The broadcast was 2 hours but, as noted by Dale, several songs did not get taped.  Living Sacrifice is the featured band, and Dale talks with D.J. about the Nonexistent album.  The second "hour" is closer to 45 minutes.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay10
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 am

I know that I posted a "thank you" before...but...I want to once again thank you and EVERYBODY who is involved in this project!  For several years I had hoped to find one of those cassettes in a thrift shop or online someplace, as my tapes had long since vanished during one of my many moves in the 1990's.  Having these archived shows online is fantastic!  God bless you for doing this for us old fans (and very likely even a few new fans around here)!
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:58 pm

That's very kind of you to say "thanks" twice & I appreciate it.  It does take work to pitch correct, patch music lost at the tape flips, etc., but I'm totally stoked to save these important broadcasts from obscurity and, with you, I'm really happy that several people have loaned their cassettes to the project.  After this current wave is uploaded, there will be close to 30 broadcasts available for download!

Does anyone know how to reach Chris Stearns?  He had a bunch more 1991 cassettes that he said he would loan me, but I somehow don't have any contact info for him or recall if he posts here under an ID.  Question
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Tonight I added October 19, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  This 2-hour broadcast is split between "Condemned To Hell" and "Mortal Agony" on the playlist, and features Living Sacrifice "band of the month" interview segments w/D.J.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay11
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri May 02, 2014 9:53 pm

I added October 15, 1994 link to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  Includes killer tunes from Ritual and Disencumbrance.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay12
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri May 09, 2014 8:13 pm

I just added September 21, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  On this transfer, I split the 2-hour program between "Do Not Be Deceived" and "Payday" on the playlist.  Using alternate sources, I patched sections of "Do Not Be Deceived" and "Dr. Hatchet" lost at the tape flips.  Dale interviews D.J. about the then-new Living Sacrifice debut album.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay13
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri May 16, 2014 8:15 pm

March 13, 1993 and October 22, 1994 links are now in the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  On the '93 broadcast transfer, I split the 2-hour program between "Oppression" and "Divided In Truth" on the playlist.  Living Sacrifice is the band of the month, and Dale talks with D.J. about Nonexistent.  The '94 broadcast features an array of underground classics, L.S. again being the featured band.  224kbps.  I uploaded 2 broadcasts tonight because I'll be traveling next weekend.  I plan to resume weekly updates at the end of this month, continuing until I've exhausted the contribution queue.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay14

TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay15
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri May 30, 2014 8:31 pm

September 28, 1991 links are now in the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for the generous loan of the broadcast materials.  Dale interviews D.J. about Living Sacrifice's debut album.  When I transferred this 2-hour broadcast, I split it between "Final Sign" and "Bathed In Blood" on the playlist.  For the sake of listenability I repaired any music lost at the tape flips with alternate sources as best I could.  224kbps.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Tonight I added March 20, 1993 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks once again to Darren "D.J." Johnson for the generous loan of the broadcast materials.  When I transferred this 2-hour broadcast, I split it between "Our Mortal Excrement" and "Sayings Of The Wise" on the playlist.  For the sake of listenability I repaired any music lost at the tape flips with alternate sources as best I could.  Lots of classic cuts and great obscurities, and Dale talks to D.J. some more about Nonexistent.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay11
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Tonight I added October 5, 1991 download links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for the generous loan of the broadcast materials.  When I transferred this 2-hour broadcast, I split it between "What Do You Think This Is?" and "He Don't Own Nothing" on the playlist.  D.J. & Dale discuss the debut Living Sacrifice album.  For the sake of listenability I repaired any music lost at the tape flips with alternate sources as best I could.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay12
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:08 am

I've added October 29, 1994 link to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for his generous loan of the broadcast materials.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay13
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:18 pm

I've added October 12, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  When I transferred this 2-hour broadcast, I split it between "See Dick Run" and "No Return" on the playlist.  For the sake of listenability I repaired any music lost at the tape flips with alternate sources as best I could.  Features some more Living Sacrifice interview segments w/D.J.  224kbps.  There are now over 25 broadcasts available for download, with more to come.  If you're hoarding some tapes, get in touch with me!
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay14
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:36 am

I've added March 27, 1993 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  When I transferred this 2-hour broadcast, I split it between "Justified" and "Resurrectionist" on the playlist.  Doug talks with D.J. about Nonexistent.  For the sake of listenability I repaired any music lost at the tape flips with alternate sources as best I could.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay15
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 am

Added September 14, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks again to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  When I transferred this 2-hour broadcast, I split it between "Religious Death" and "The Rising" on the playlist.  Doug interviews D.J. from Living Sacrifice.  For the sake of listenability I repaired any music lost at the tape flips with alternate sources as best I could.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay16
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Added October 8, 1994 link to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  I really enjoy these 1994 broadcasts in particular!  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay17
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Added links to an hour-long, studio-produced syndication cassette from latter 1991 & an hour-long syndication demo from 1993/94 to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  These 2 uploads are the last 2 I have in queue.  If you or someone you know is hoarding more tapes, please get in touch and I'll do all the work to share them!

The 1991 cassette and play sheet didn't include a date but, based on the songs played and the 1-hour format, this appears to be a syndication cassette from the second half of 1991.  Dale says that, in the early going of syndication, he would do a 2-hour live broadcast late Saturday/early Sunday and then spend a few hours at WAYJ producing a 1-hour program to send to other stations which would later broadcast the abbreviated, studio-produced version.  For the sake of listenability, I edited out 2 minutes of blank space that was part of the original program.  Thanks to Darren "D.J." Johnson for generous loan of the broadcast materials.

Thanks also to http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com for originally uploading the 1993/94 syndication demo.  I downloaded this from there several years ago and it served as the seed to get me to do the Tempered Steel blog.  I pitch-corrected the program & did a bit of other work to it before re-uploading it.  The download didn't include a date but, based on the songs played, the mention of it being a demo, and a conversation with Dale, this cassette, probably produced in late 1993 or early 1994, was sent out to prospective syndication partners.

Both downloads are @224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay18

TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Ts199310
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:17 pm

awesome! thanks for all your hard work uploading this.

i will do the same with Living Sacrifice as i did with Believer(edit down the interviews)
I don't know when, but it will be on my things to do list.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Chris Stearns recently sent over a box of T.S. cassettes containing 9 broadcasts from 1991 which I plan to begin uploading weekly starting at the end of this month.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:29 pm

I just added July 20, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Dale interviews Jim Chaffin and Mark Salomon of The Crucified.  On this transfer, I split the 2-hour broadcast between "Nausea/Bass Solo Salute" and "The Skeptic" on the playlist.  Thanks to Chris Stearns for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  224kbps.
TEMPERED STEEL radio program - Page 2 Tsplay19
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Added July 27, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  Dale continues talking to Jim & Mark of The Crucified for the "band of the month" feature.  On this transfer, I split the 2-hour broadcast between "Killing of the Innocent" and "The Fire" on the playlist.  Thanks to Chris Stearns for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  224kbps.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Added August 3, 1991 links to the "Classic broadcasts" post.  This was the 2nd anniversary TS broadcast, continuing with The Crucified as the featured band of the month.  Markus Hauth of Bloody Cross calls in for an impromptu on-air chat with Dale.  On this transfer, I split the 2-hour program between "Internal Pain" and "This Present Darkness" on the playlist.  Thanks again to Chris Stearns for generous loan of the broadcast materials.  224kbps.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next