The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy

+10
Temple of Blood
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
Superjuice
seth
Airola
Pethead
Kerrick
StevenCressler
Christian Thrash Rules
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy - Page 2 Empty Re: Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Pethead wrote:I’ve never been wrong.

I thought I was once. But I was mistaken.

I still somewhat enjoy Ghost Ship from time to time, even though it's definitively Theocracy's worst.   Twisted Evil
Yeah, all those hooks just rub you the wrong way.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy - Page 2 Empty Re: Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy

Post by seth Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:18 pm

Although Ghost Ship is easily the least consistent album, I do like it for what it is. It has a much more cheerful, upbeat vibe overall than any other Theocracy album
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:23 pm

StevenCressler wrote:I'mma listen to TGoM again to form a better opinion myself... but even if it becomes my favorite song I'll still support Pethead hating it lol
I agree that the ending is great, but it's too small a percentage of the song for it to make it one of their best by any means.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:55 pm

DT's Falling Into Infinity took a lot of heat at the time of its realease and was considered their worst pre-Mangini album, but it is a fav of mine.  It seems to have aged fairly well now and fans have taken to it, just gotta strip some meat from the bones (aka the terrible ballads).  You just have to put the time and effort into the epic songs though as I did way back when it was released.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm

I really like Bride’s “Oddities”. Doesn’t get much love but I think it’s pretty solid.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Ammocas and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I really like Bride’s “Oddities”.  Doesn’t get much love but I think it’s pretty solid.

Agreed, really cool album.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:23 pm

Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy - Page 2 B2ZfaGFiaXQuanBn
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:23 pm

Excellent pick, ToB.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy - Page 2 B2ZfaGFiaXQuanBn
I think the “bad album covers” thread may have a new winner. What the heck is that supposed to be lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:35 pm

That’s actually a picture of me before I’ve had my coffee.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice, MagnusPrime, Raegoul and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 pm

seth wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy - Page 2 B2ZfaGFiaXQuanBn
I think the “bad album covers” thread may have a new winner. What the heck is that supposed to be lol

A Sales/Record contract killer.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed May 01, 2024 9:03 am

Krokus-Change of Address

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed May 01, 2024 9:09 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
seth wrote:

No wonder so many metal bands had terrible covers from '92 on up.  This explains Metal Church as well.  Thanks.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 01, 2024 9:20 am

Speaking of Metal Church, Hanging in the Balance is my favorite by them and it's mostly ignored.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed May 01, 2024 1:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:Speaking of Metal Church, Hanging in the Balance is my favorite by them and it's mostly ignored.
I might have a feeling why it's ignored...

Last edited by StevenCressler on Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri May 03, 2024 10:03 am

Superjuice wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
seth wrote:

No wonder so many metal bands had terrible covers from '92 on up.  This explains Metal Church as well.  Thanks.

Joan Jett and her manager co-owned a record label called Blackheart Records.

This manager was MC's manager, and they were also on this label.

He picked the cover.  Not sure the band had much of a say, or at least nowadays they said they didn't.

This was from the Metal Church book I read.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 pm

And on this note, here's something that's been floating around the web lately:

Albums Often Considered A Bands Worst That You Enjoy - Page 2 Be8fecf137de29cc61bbc506bacac52a

(I actually like I'm A Rocker, Troubleshooter, Take on the World, and Parental Guidance, but it's still a funny image).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon May 06, 2024 9:28 am

Take On the World is a pretty good song with a catchy chorus.  Otherwise, I can take it or leave the rest of those songs - you can put 1/2 of Point of Entry on there.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon May 06, 2024 11:54 am

I like their 80s-centric reinterpretation of Johnny B. Goode.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon May 06, 2024 12:31 pm

Prisoners of Your Eyes shouldn't count as it was just a bonus track not available on the original release of Screaming For Vengeance. Replace it with super-cheese Turbo track, Rock You All Around the World.  

"Every boy and girl goes crazy to the beat of rock and roll"

"We're gonna rock rock rock 
We're gonna roll roll roll 
we're gonna shake you down
We're gonna looooOOOOooose Con-trooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll"
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Mon May 06, 2024 2:49 pm

Kerrick wrote:While Iron Maiden's two albums with Blaze on vocals are certainly not their best, I actually prefer them over Maiden's other two 90's albums (No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark).

Whoa...

I loved Fear of the Dark. Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Wasting Love were my favorites
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon May 06, 2024 3:22 pm

Those are two of my favorite tracks off that album as well. Fear Of The Dark is indeed waaaaay better than No Prayer, though the bad songs on it bring down the overall rating for me, whereas the bad songs on the Blaze albums I don't find quite as offensive to my ears haha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon May 06, 2024 4:44 pm

Kerrick wrote:While Iron Maiden's two albums with Blaze on vocals are certainly not their best, I actually prefer them over Maiden's other two 90's albums (No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark).

I prefer them over everything that they've done since then, including Bruce's solo albums.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Yesterday at 4:56 pm

Dang that belongs in the hot-takes thread!  Brave New World, Dance Of Death, and A Matter Of Life And Death all have some of my favorite Maiden tracks.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Yesterday at 8:00 pm

A Matter of Life and Death is one of Maiden’s greatest records, and Dance of Death ain’t too shabby, either.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next