The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad?

+12
Kerrick
Raegoul
Ammocas
Lofcaudio77
Pro-Zak
Fundy
Temple of Blood
MagnusPrime
Black Rider
StevenCressler
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VR Vocals Good Or Bad?

Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad?

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:19 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I never bothered listening to them

scratch affraid

you missin' it bro...

Haha well between Roger's apostasy and thrash being a genre I generally don't enjoy at all, I just never bothered.   alien

Tyrant
Tyrant

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad?

Post by crucifyd Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:26 pm

affraid

this emoji instantly made me think of this old Vengeance tee

Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 M_133_07_19_2005_5_52_43_whitethrone.jpg

https://tshirtslayer.com/tshirt-or-longsleeve/vengeance-rising-tshirt-0
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:07 pm

Wow, you don’t expect 5 people on a music forum to have hearing problems.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:10 pm

Roger's Vox are great and perfect for Vengeance. The Lead work on those albums are underrated too.  We've heard what happens when a standard thrash vocalist from an average thrash band steps into a not so standard thrash band to fill the huge not so average vocals of Roger... It ain't pretty...

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Roger's Vox are great and perfect for Vengeance. The Lead work on those albums are underrated too.  We've heard what happens when a standard thrash vocalist from an average thrash band steps into a not so normal thrash band to fill the huge shoes of Roger... It ain't pretty...
Agreed about the lead work. It scorches.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:25 am

Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:Good
You like Torn Flesh.
Touché
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:00 am

Black Rider wrote:Spend some time with good extreme metal vocalists and you'll realize how bad they really are.
I've spent three decades with them, and Roger is still in my top 5.  Most extreme metal vocalists are same-same, color in the lines, indistinguishable.  Roger was unique.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:09 am

Kerrick wrote:Thanks Pethead.  I will admit, that wasn't nearly as atrocious as I was expecting.  They're quite unhinged but add to the overall aggressive feel of the music.  That being said, I turned the song off after a couple minutes and couldn't imagine enjoying a full song of that, let alone an entire album.  But it's not just the vocals for me - that style of thrash is just not my cup 'o tea.
Here's the thing, though:  that's one of the worst examples.  The thing with Roger is that he has incredible versatility.  Low, high, shrieks, gang vocals, punkish, mumbled, clear, spoken, yelled, death, doom/death...there's so much variety.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 am

His vocals are not what I consider good… but they fit the music. 

I went “Meh”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:15 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Thanks Pethead.  I will admit, that wasn't nearly as atrocious as I was expecting.  They're quite unhinged but add to the overall aggressive feel of the music.  That being said, I turned the song off after a couple minutes and couldn't imagine enjoying a full song of that, let alone an entire album.  But it's not just the vocals for me - that style of thrash is just not my cup 'o tea.
Here's the thing, though:  that's one of the worst examples.  The thing with Roger is that he has incredible versatility.  Low, high, shrieks, gang vocals, punkish, mumbled, clear, spoken, yelled, death, doom/death...there's so much variety.
Well pointed out and observed. That is something I have often thought about with Roger's vocals. Listen to OD and the vocals even change in extreme styles throughout a song sometimes and from song to song, it's not the same. He could've been from another band on another album in many parts. Then you've got DC a completely different kind of bark, and then there's RUTE. He Could've chosen to be in any extreme form of music and any extreme kind of band he wanted to be in, not to mention his knack for rhythmic and quick fire vocals.

I wonder if it's more to do with him walking away from the faith than it is about the vocals...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:16 am

TZ75 wrote:His vocals are not what I consider good… but they fit the music. 

I went “Meh”.
Which is another way of saying he is a great extreme vocalist.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:58 am

Dustofyears wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:
Well pointed out and observed. That is something I have often thought about with Roger's vocals. Listen to OD and the vocals even change in extreme styles throughout a song sometimes and from song to song, it's not the same. He could've been from another band on another album in many parts. Then you've got DC a completely different kind of bark, and then there's RUTE. He Could've chosen to be in any extreme form of music and any extreme kind of band he wanted to be in, not to mention his knack for rhythmic and quick fire vocals.

I wonder if it's more to do with him walking away from the faith than it is about the vocals...
Nope
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:03 am

Roger’s tone is terrible, and is mostly from his throat.

His enunciation is very sloppy and often unintelligible.

Being unique is not inherently positive, yet some of you are saying he’s good because “no one’s like him.”

I also want to note that the thread was about his vocals on the first 2, so defending his RutE vocals is beside the point. I agree he’s much better on that album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:22 am

Pethead wrote:Roger’s tone is terrible, and is mostly from his throat.

Being unique is not inherently positive, yet some of you are saying he’s good because “no one’s like him.”

I also want to note that the thread was about his vocals on the first 2, so defending his RutE vocals is beside the point. I agree he’s much better on that album.
I was making a point at how diverse his vocals are in the extreme realm, which is very, thus the mention of that album and DC. Nearly all of extreme metal vocals are unintelligible. It's one step away from death metal, which usually is, for the most part, unintelligible. So this guy ain't buying that.

And I am not saying he is good because no one else likes him lolz. I am not that guy. I don't just like something to feel "underground" or "special" or something...If this was the case I'd hate Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins and Gnr and Alice in chains (though a few metal heads do like Alice) like the majority of Metal heads do. So that's out the door too. Roger is just unique period and it can't be disputed unless you can show me someone that sounds like that. The one that is close to mind is manic from Mayhem's fist album: Death Crush. But even that is different an nowhere near as versatile as Roger. No one sounds like Dodgey Rogey that I have heard. I genuinely enjoy his extreme style. 

Simple as dat.

Just add, also Roger's words aren't that hard to understand once you learn the songs (as is the case with most extreme metal and how extreme metal and death metal, generally works) so That one is out the door too! I want, head chopped off...You'll see, body rot! Frooontal looobotomy!!! Into, the...Abyss!!! HUman, Sacrifice..Sacrifice...so on and so forth— clear as day!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:43 am

Oh, go listen to Die Happy 🤪
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:47 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Pethead wrote:Roger’s tone is terrible, and is mostly from his throat.

I was making a point at how diverse his vocals are in the extreme realm, which is very, thus the mention of that album and DC. Nearly all of extreme metal vocals are unintelligible. It's one step away from death metal, which usually is, for the most part, unintelligible. So this guy ain't buying that.

And I am not saying he is good because no one else likes him lolz. I am not that guy. I don't just like something to feel "underground" or "special" or something...If this was the case I'd hate Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins and Gnr and Alice in chains (though a few metal heads do like Alice) like the majority of Metal heads do. So that's out the door too. Roger is just unique period and it can't be disputed unless you can show me someone that sounds like that. The one that is close to mind is manic from Mayhem's fist album: Death Crush. But even that is different an nowhere near as versatile as Roger. No one sounds like Dodgey Rogey that I have heard. I genuinely enjoy his extreme style. 

Simple as dat.

Just add, also Roger's words aren't that hard to understand once you learn the songs (as is the case with most extreme metal and how extreme metal and death metal, generally works) so That one is out the door too! I want, head chopped off...You'll see, body rot! Frooontal looobotomy!!! Into, the...Abyss!!! HUman, Sacrifice..Sacrifice...so on and so forth— clear as day!
Exactly. The first time I heard Mulligan Stew I couldn't hear any words beside "Mulligan Stew". But then I read the lyrics and can understand them perfectly now. That's the case with all extreme metal. Actually I can understand For Today perfectly without reading the lyrics.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:49 am

Yes, because you read the lyrics. Otherwise, “Warfare,” for example, becomes this: 

“We wrestle not with flesh and blood
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!”
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:53 am

Yeah that's how extreme metal works. It's meant to sound ugly!  Only those who spend time with it will understand what's going on. That's what it's about.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:57 am

Dustofyears wrote:Yeah that's how extreme metal works. It's meant to sound ugly!  Only those who spend time with it will understand what's going on. That's what it's about.
Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd3qxw9m2ax5f02gsi1u7jx72bdmelyhqkk4puhf4yl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:59 am

Pethead wrote:Yes, because you read the lyrics. Otherwise, “Warfare,” for example, becomes this: 

“We wrestle not with flesh and blood
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!”

Someone hasn't learned how extreme metal works. Just stick with Anthrax, they have nice lovely high pitched opera like vocals with nice gang shouts that you can raise your fist in the air to.

Just ribbing you Pethed, you do you and enjoy what you enjoy.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:59 am

Pethead wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Yeah that's how extreme metal works. It's meant to sound ugly!  Only those who spend time with it will understand what's going on. That's what it's about.
Vengeance Rising Once Dead and Human Sacrifice Vocals, Good Or Bad? - Page 2 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd3qxw9m2ax5f02gsi1u7jx72bdmelyhqkk4puhf4yl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:00 am

Pethead wrote:
10/10 movie imo.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2