The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Underrated Christian Thrash Bands

+7
Pro-Zak
TZ75
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
seth
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Most Underrated Christian Thrash Bands - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Underrated Christian Thrash Bands

Post by Pethead Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm

Step Cousin (and Lordchain) are very bold bands.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Most Underrated Christian Thrash Bands - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Underrated Christian Thrash Bands

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:19 pm

seth wrote:I always like to see Christians calling out evolution theory, too many have just given up on that issue

I find it disheartening that so many Catholics are promoting the TE theory...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 pm

I tend to agree with Hank here, actually I do that often, I used to hold rigidly to YEC, but not so much today. I can't imagine that I could ever embrace TE...

Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:38 pm

Macroevolution is simply the atheist’s creation myth. All supposed evidence for it could just as validly be interpreted as evidence that all life shares a common designer (rather than ancestor). There is 0 reason for Christians to embrace it in the form of theistic evolution, any more than there is for us to adapt the Hindu creation myth to Christianity
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Pro-Zak and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:09 pm

Mad Dragzter
Herd
Michael Phillips
Enshrouding   (blackened thrash)
Jesus Freaks
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Temple of Blood and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:19 pm

"Blackened Thrash"
Tastes just like Blackened Chicken? 😃
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:56 pm

seth wrote:I always like to see Christians calling out evolution theory, too many have just given up on that issue
My third album's third song "Darwinian Lies" is about just that
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:03 pm

seth wrote:Macroevolution is simply the atheist’s creation myth. All supposed evidence for it could just as validly be interpreted as evidence that all life shares a common designer (rather than ancestor). There is 0 reason for Christians to embrace it in the form of theistic evolution, any more than there is for us to adapt the Hindu creation myth to Christianity
It's a form of compromise. Not to keep plugging my music or anything, but that's one of the main things I touch on in my fourth song on my first album, "Compromise", which is about the various compromises Christians make that they shouldn't, and the direct theme of my ninth albums fifth song, "Power Socket in a Bathtub". It's because they're scared. If they deny evolution the world will call them dumb, and they're a bunch of babies who can't handle criticism from losers who are the dumb ones themselves. Modern Christianity is honestly pathetic.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:09 pm

“This fossil is transitional.”
“How do you know?”
“BECAUSE SCIENCE THE BIBLE IS DUMB.”

Or my favorite:
“We found this partial piece of a vertebrae. We can clearly tell that this dinosaur weighed 36,719 lbs, ran at 23.765 mph, was 26.78902 feet long, and preferred his beer on the lighter side.”
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm

Pethead wrote:“This fossil is transitional.”
“How do you know?”
“BECAUSE SCIENCE THE BIBLE IS DUMB.”

Or my favorite:
“We found this partial piece of a vertebrae. We can clearly tell that this dinosaur weighed 36,719 lbs, ran at 23.765 mph, was 26.78902 feet long, and preferred his beer on the lighter side.”
Well now we know who one of the votes for light beer was on the poll, a dinosaur!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 pm

I don't consider it a hill to die on, but why can't God arrange evolution? Is that beyond His awesome power?
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:13 pm

He certainly could, the question is if he did or not.

For the record, I don’t consider theistic evolutionists beyond the pale of Christianity. I just have problems with the position and don’t think it’s a necessary one for the believer to hold.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:15 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:I don't consider it a hill to die on, but why can't God arrange evolution? Is that beyond His awesome power?
Of course He could arrange evolution. He could also arrange for the world to be created by having a muskrat bring dirt to drop on the back of a giant turtle if He so chose (as goes a Native American creation myth). But why would He do so, and then cause a false account of how He created the world to be recorded by His people?
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:19 pm

For the record I do believe in microevolution/adaptation. However, this process generally involves selective expression of genetic traits already present in the genetic code of a group of organisms, and does not give rise to entirely new, more complex features (as macroevolution proposes)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm

Yeah, I don't know how He did it, how to explain the fossil record... I don't know. I just shrug and worry about other things.  🤷‍�🤔🙂😳

Also! There are tons of things/creatures that just defy evolution. Animals whose behaviors or mode of locomotion/vision or whatever just don't make sense even with a quadrillion years of changes.

I don't know!

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:22 pm

A lot of the fossil record can actually be better explained by the great flood than by any secular theory. Uniformitarianism (the idea that geologic processes have always happened pretty much the same way they do today) provides very little opportunity for fossils to ever form at all
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 pm

FWIW some great scholars hold to TE. But I can’t justify it from my reading of the Hebrew. Gen 1 reads like a historical narrative grammatically.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:Yeah, I don't know how He did it, how to explain the fossil record... I don't know. I just shrug and worry about other things.  🤷‍�🤔🙂😳

Also! There are tons of things/creatures that just defy evolution. Animals whose behaviors or mode of locomotion/vision or whatever just don't make sense even with a quadrillion years of changes.

I don't know!
Fair enough for sure.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:Yeah, I don't know how He did it, how to explain the fossil record... I don't know. I just shrug and worry about other things.  🤷‍�🤔🙂😳

I don't know!
Exactly, the irreducible complexity of many biology systems are a major reason to doubt evolution even apart from the Bible. Theistic evolution certainly makes more sense than atheistic evolution/abiogenesis (which are statistically impossible), but still doesn’t hold water for me
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:I don't consider it a hill to die on, but why can't God arrange evolution? Is that beyond His awesome power?
It's not beyond his power. But if God created man in HIS IMAGE and saw that everything he made in Genesis was GOOD, why would he want it to change?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:Yup, they do...

https://nolifetilmetal.com/stepcousin.htm
I'll have to check it out. TER is the only album on Spotify.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Pro-Zak and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
It's not beyond his power. But if God created man in HIS IMAGE and saw that everything he made in Genesis was GOOD, why would he want it to change?
A better question would be why would he? Evolution is a violent process of survival of the fittest. This theory helped shape the minds of Nitetzsche, Hitler,  Stalin and many other tyrants. It has suffering and death before sin entered creation. It's really the worst of all possibilities.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 pm

TE has death and destruction before the fall is the reason it's not a thing. Zak is correct.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:27 pm

seth wrote:For the record I do believe in microevolution/adaptation. However, this process generally involves selective expression of genetic traits already present in the genetic code of a group of organisms, and does not give rise to entirely new, more complex features (as macroevolution proposes)
Most of the "proof" for macroevolution is proof for microevolution. This is why so many Christians get stumped, because they can't actually disprove the proof given, as it's true. They don't realize that what they instead need to disprove is the notion that this proof is proof for what the atheists think it is.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:30 pm

More thrash plz
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next