The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album

+5
Black Rider
Superjuice
Pethead
MagnusPrime
StevenCressler
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album Empty Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album

Post by StevenCressler Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:57 pm

They both have 11 albums, so let's go!

Kill Em All vs Deliverance
KEA is such fun, but I gotta go with D here. Riffs are very melodic and heavy, my #1 album for guitar tone, and great vocals. 1-0

Ride the Lightning vs Weapons of Our Warfare
There are few albums that I prefer over Ride, but Weapons is one of them. It's in my top 5 all time albums Both are top 10 though. 2-0

Master of Puppets vs What a Joke
Is this even a question? WaJ is severely underrated, but MoP is my #2 album of all time. Every song is top-tier. 2-1

And Justice for All vs Stay of Execution
... and Justice is my #1 album of all time. Stay is great, but it's not even close. 2-2

Metallica vs Learn
TBA is a great album, idk what the thrash purists say... but Learn is so underrated and my clear pick. 3-2

Load vs River Disturbance
I like Load. And River is weak for D imo. But Deliverance is way more consistent, and I prefer RD. 4-2

ReLoad vs Camelot in Smithereens
Camelot is my least favorite D album, but it's better than ReLoad. Neither are bad though. 5-2

St. Anger vs Assimilation
I genuinely like St. Anger. But you all know my opinions on Assimilation, I'm not gonna repeat myself rn. 6-2

Death Magnetic vs As Above - So Below
I love DM. It's very underrated. But overall ASSB is more consistent. This might change but for now I'm going with ASSB. 7-2

Hardwired vs Hear What I Say
Hardwired is the worst Metallica album that is better than a D album. HWIS is good but sub-par Deliverance. But I like both, and prefer HWIS. This also might change, but 8-2

72 Seasons vs The Subversive Kind
Two highly underrated albums, 72S has higher highs, but TSK is more consistent and I prefer it overall. 9-2.

I wasn't expecting Deliverance to sweep like that... for the record here's how I'd rank all 22

22. St. Anger
21. ReLoad
20. Load
19. Camelot in Smithereens
18. River Disturbance
17. Hardwired... to Self-Destruct
16. 72 Seasons
15. Hear What I Say!
14. Kill 'Em All
13. Stay of Execution
12. Death Magnetic
11. The Subversive Kind
10. Metallica
9. What A Joke
8. As Above - So Below
7. Learn
6. Assimilation
5. Deliverance
4. Ride the Lightning
3. Weapons of our Warfare
2. Master of Puppets
1. And Justice For All
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album Empty Re: Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:10 pm

1. Kill 'Em All
2. Ride The Lightning
3. Master Of Puppets
4. ...And Justice For All
5. Metallica
6. River Disturbance
7. Reload
8. Assimilation
9. Death Magnetic
10. Hardwired
11. 72 Seasons

Only 2 Deliverance albums beat Metallica here. I honestly didn't expect that haha!

9-2 Metallica. Mine is the opposite of yours.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album Empty Re: Deliverance vs Metallica, album by album

Post by Pethead Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 pm

1. Deliverance
2. Weapons, but dang it’s close
3. Master
4. Justice
5. Metallica
6. River Disturbance
7. Camelot
8. Assimilation
9. Death Magnetic
10. Hardwired
11. 72 Seasons

Metallica 6; Deliverance 5
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:35 pm

We knew this was comin' sooner or later...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:32 am

Only Christians think D is better with the first five albums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 am

I never said I thought they were objectively better; it’s just a question of which I prefer. Objectively, KEA is a far better album than D’s debut. But I find myself spinning the latter more. When I want Metallica, it’s rare that I go for KEA, but when I want Deliverance, I’ll often go for the debut. (Even though I think Weapons stomps the debut).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:06 am

That being said, I have no problem claiming the respective D albums are objectively better than Load, ReLoad, and St. Canker Sore. 🤪
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:56 pm

I can't believe we've reached this point.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:02 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I can't believe we've reached this point.
I know, it's so cool we've gotten to the point of making such epic threads as this one!  Thumbs up

Thanks for all the other threads here that inspired me to... oh wait, you were being negative, weren't you? Care to elaborate on why you care?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:12 pm

Early Metallica easily beats Deliverance, but Tourniquet beats them both
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 pm

seth wrote:Early Metallica easily beats Deliverance, but Tourniquet beats them both
Well, you don't even like Deliverance, so there  Evil or Very Mad

(That definitely isn't due to Metallica and Tourniquet being better, what are you talking about?)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:57 pm

Deliverance borrowed HEAVILY from early Metallica and everyone knows this, as did MANY bands back then ... so how could they possibly be better?  Who had the original creative ideas here?  A servant can't be greater than his master.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:06 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Deliverance borrowed HEAVILY from early Metallica and everyone knows this, as did MANY bands back then ... so how could they possibly be better?  Who had the original creative ideas here?  A servant can't be greater than his master.
So you’re saying Metallica is the master of puppets, pulling Deliverance’s strings?
(sorry I had to)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote: A servant can't be greater than his Master...
...Master!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Deliverance borrowed HEAVILY from early Metallica and everyone knows this, as did MANY bands back then ... so how could they possibly be better?  Who had the original creative ideas here?  A servant can't be greater than his master.
If you didn't notice, I'm not only talking about the early thrash albums
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:15 pm

This made me realize some similarites... they both start with thrash, then go into slightly softer heavy music, and then directly following their most hated album they went back to a thrash era which was considered subpar to their original thrash era.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:34 am

Just because someone originates something doesn’t mean that they remain forever the best at it. Unless you still think that Jimi Hendrix is the best guitar player of all time.

Also, lyrics matter. The hope and eternal life that was offered by Deliverance far, far eclipses anything offered by Metallica.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:07 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:

Just because someone originates something doesn’t mean that they remain forever the best at it. Unless you still think that Jimi Hendrix is the best guitar player of all time.

Also, lyrics matter. The hope and eternal life that was offered by Deliverance far, far eclipses anything offered by Metallica.

Those are valid points, except that Metallica is obviously more creative and original than Deliverance and this is obvious to the entire world.  There is also no argument that Deliverance actually improved on Metallica's thrash sound, except for the lyrical message.

Yes, I'd prefer Deliverance's message but we buy albums mostly for the songs, not for lyrics.  Otherwise we'd all be listening to gospel groups who have a far bolder Christian lyrical stance than Deliverance ever did.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:10 am

Steven can correct me if I’m wrong, but I took the question of the thread to simply be about personal listening preference. If we’re talking objective quality, then I’m obviously gonna give every vote to Metallica, with the exception of the Loads and St. Garbage Can.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:53 am

StevenCressler wrote:This made me realize some similarites... they both start with thrash, then go into slightly softer heavy music, and then directly following their most hated album they went back to a thrash era which was considered subpar to their original thrash era.
What's Ds most hated album?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:33 am

Black Rider wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:This made me realize some similarites... they both start with thrash, then go into slightly softer heavy music, and then directly following their most hated album they went back to a thrash era which was considered subpar to their original thrash era.

They don't have anything as hated as Lulu or St.  Anger.  Not even close!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:09 pm

I was going to say, in here at least, people like every album to some degree. Not liking it as much as you doesn't mean it's hated.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Pethead wrote:Steven can correct me if I’m wrong, but I took the question of the thread to simply be about personal listening preference. If we’re talking objective quality, then I’m obviously gonna give every vote to Metallica, with the exception of the Loads and St. Garbage Can.
Yes, exactly. Metallica are better musicians. I just like sharing and hearing about other people's musical preferences.

And, btw, FoJ, while yes, D's messages matter much more in eternity, I do prefer lyrics like "Eye of the Beholder" over most of D's early lyrics, as they were pretty cheesy and political messages still matter on Earth. Me enjoying a message in a song is not only how important the message is, but also how unique, interesting, and well-written it is. Hence why, while I can go back and forth between those bands lyrics overall, I'll much take Metallica's political/anti-war songs over most modern worship that just repeats "God is great" and "I love Jesus" over and over and over again.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:43 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Assimilation. By far the most common answer to the "least favorite D album" question.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:03 pm

I hear everyone’s comments about lyrics. My only point, which I didn’t say clearly enough, is that lyrics are a consideration when deciding which albums or artists we (believers) prefer. I also don’t think Metallica’s lyrics in the 80s were bad, except for Jump In The Fire.

A thrash band doing worship lyrics… 🤔
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next