The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metalheads who like Mike (March Madness and NBA)

+2
Pethead
Superjuice
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Metalheads who like Mike (March Madness and NBA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Metalheads who like Mike (March Madness and NBA)

Post by Superjuice Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:12 am

Really surprised that Clemson didn't win and I quite liked them. I thought they had a balanced team and a group of diverse scorers.  Bama's Sears went nuts the second half and Clemson's best player fouled out with 5 minutes to go and there you have it: Congratz Alabama.  This is your second Final Four this year that nobody thought you would achieve.

Illinois laid an egg and still no one has challenged UConn, who I don't think will get challenged until Purdue in the Championship Final, but I've underestimated Alabama the entire tournament.  Purdue faced their greatest challenge and came through in spades with Edey going for 40+.  Will they pull off the Virginia feat of winning the whole thing after an embarrassing first round loss last year?  I think so.

Party hardy for NC St. who nobody gave any credence to making a run to the FF.  Good job fellas, my hat is off to you, but you have no shot at beating Purdue in the Final Four. Thank you for taking out several clubs that would make life difficult for Purdue.  Edey is going to wreck their chubby center.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Metalheads who like Mike (March Madness and NBA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Metalheads who like Mike (March Madness and NBA)

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 am

I'm excited for the non blue-bloods.

I'm excited for tonight's Iowa-LSU match.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:25 am

I should have specified that the thread is about MEN'S basketball not chick ball. Razz
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I don't see Iowa being able to win it all, but they did get revenge.  They struggle to rebound and a bigger team should thwart Clark & Co.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 am

Superjuice wrote:
If Purdue ends up playing UConn in the championship, I favor Purdue because UConn relies heavily on their big man and Purdue's Edey is much more imposing than him and would crush any opposing centers they would throw at him.
Incorrect prediction.

Superjuice wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I don't see Iowa being able to win it all, but they did get revenge.  They struggle to rebound and a bigger team should thwart Clark & Co.
Correct prediction.

Last edited by Superjuice on Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 pm

Now that the NBA playoffs have started and my Bulls laid an egg in the play-in game; all I care about is that Lebron loses and loses early.

Heckuva game 2 between the Lakers and Denver though, with the Nuggets nailing a shot as time expired to win,  Of course the King has to complain about the refs after the game when he plays like a bull in a China shop his entire career.  And probably scored 5000 points shoulder slamming a defender to the ground while driving down the lane.

And the Knicks pull out a miracle against Sixers hitting two threes in the last 10 seconds.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 pm

How did the Thunder get a number 1 seed with a buncha guys I never heard of? Gonna go out on a limb and predict they don't win the western conference finals. 

The Thunder are up 2-0 and will face zero challenge from the Zion Willamson-less Pelicans.

Now its 3-0 Nuggets - bye bye Lakers.

Philly bounced back now its 1-2
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Looks like a Giannis-less Milwaukee team is going down early as Indiana topped them in OT last night.  Middleton hit a three to tie it in regulation and hit a lucky three bank-shot in OT but the Pacers had the last laugh on a buzzer beating floater. 

The Dallas/Clippers series seems to be a very physical series and its interesting to see how Harden/Westbrook part deux is going to work out.  Even though they have Kawai Leonard to play defense for them it still looks like the same chemistry problems from the Oklahoma City days.  Watching Doncic guard Harden and vice versa is amusing since they are basically mirror images of each other in terms of style of play.  Spoiler alert: neither can guard each other...

So Westbrook loses his mind, gets ejected, showing that time does not equal maturity as a veteran player, and Mavericks go up 2-1 in a blow out.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 pm

Phoenix dominated the Timberwolves in the regular season, but the t-wolves have come alive during this series and are up 3-0 already.  It looks like the Beal/Booker/Durant experiment is a no go: too many shooters not enough balls to go around with these three.  Sure, it helped that Grayson Allen got hurt, but that was pretty much irrelevant for the outcome of this series.

Funny, Booker/Beal/Durant have to put up with each other another 3 seasons unless there's a trade.  I don't foresee it lasting for very much longer however.  Too bad, I liked the idea and thought they were a solid starting five with Gordon coming off the bench.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2