The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs you really like on albums you're not a fan of

+9
scottmitchell74
Constantine
bodachi
Follower of Jesus
Dustofyears
Ammocas
seth
Pethead
StevenCressler
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Songs you really like on albums you're not a fan of - Page 2 Empty Re: Songs you really like on albums you're not a fan of

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:09 pm

My favorite moments on St. Anger are the blissful moments that come between the tracks. They’re the album at its most musical.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Songs you really like on albums you're not a fan of - Page 2 Empty Re: Songs you really like on albums you're not a fan of

Post by StevenCressler Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:16 pm

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Sweet Amber from St. Anger
Unnamed Feeling is better imo

I stand by my choice. It’s my opinion.
No need to get defensive lol. I liked your comment and said "IMO" for a reason. TUF is my choice for the stand out Anger song. Amber is still good, especially the riff during the "she holds my hand" part and the bridge riff.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:33 pm

I dream of a time when every thread doesn't turn into another Metallica thread.  face palm

Especially in the Christian metal section.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:26 pm

Ooh, thought of another one:

Rolling Thunder on X-Sinner’s Peace Treaty
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:18 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Ooo Pillars is such a great album. I forgot to put that on my fav extreme metal list too. Mind Bender is a great tune. That riff is catchy and the chorus is massive hook. Great album.

It was one of my favorite albums for many years. I still love it. The whole album is awesome! 

Mindbender is an extra special highlight. Just as good as the best of Pantera. One of the best groove riffs of all time! It’s just as catchy as the main riff on the song CFH 
CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!

RELEASE YOUR MIND!!!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:20 pm

This happens a lot with samplers, you hear some really good songs on them, but when you go out to get the full album by those artists, sadly they were the only good songs. 🥴
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:52 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

No need to get defensive lol. I liked your comment and said "IMO" for a reason. TUF is my choice for the stand out Anger song. Amber is still good, especially the riff during the "she holds my hand" part and the bridge riff.

I wasn’t being defensive. I just didn’t put a happy face. I was reiterating that it was my personal opinion.  Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:57 pm

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

I wasn’t being defensive. I just didn’t put a happy face. I was reiterating that it was my personal opinion.  Smile
Okay, sorry for misinterpreting you. You just sounded like you were accusing me of forcing my opinion onto you. I guess I was wrong.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:54 am

StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:The Sweet Amber from St. Anger

Okay, sorry for misinterpreting you. You just sounded like you were accusing me of forcing my opinion onto you. I guess I was wrong.

No worries. We can move past it. It’s a minor misunderstanding. Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:03 am

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Yep exactly Thumbs up
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:30 am

Inside Looking Out on Dokken's Dysfunctional. I've tried to get into the other songs on the album, and while I'll admit Hole In My Head is also ok, the album just doesnt have the Dokken sound. Better than Shadowlife, but what isnt?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:51 am

StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Yep exactly Thumbs up
You are both wrong and are terrible people.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:07 am

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Ooo Pillars is such a great album. I forgot to put that on my fav extreme metal list too. Mind Bender is a great tune. That riff is catchy and the chorus is massive hook. Great album.

It was one of my favorite albums for many years. I still love it. The whole album is awesome! 

Mindbender is a extra special highlight. Just as good as the best of Pantera. One of the best groove riffs of all time! It’s just as catchy as the main riff on the song CFH.
I never thought about that. It's quite similar to the main riff of CFH. I agree Pillars stands neck and neck with any Pantera album while being it's own unique thing. Used to walk to school with it blaring in my Walkman headphones. Very good album.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:13 am

Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Mindbender is a extra special highlight. Just as good as the best of Pantera. One of the best groove riffs of all time! It’s just as catchy as the main riff on the song CFH.
I never thought about that. It's quite similar to the main riff of CFH. I agree Pillars stands neck and neck with any Pantera album while being it's own unique thing. Used to walk to school with it blaring in my Walkman headphones. Very good album.

Not that it makes a difference, but even Phil Anselmo was a fan of The Crucified. There’s video of him wearing their shirt. And he also wanted them to open for Pantera for the VDoP tour.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:18 am

bodachi wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Yep exactly Thumbs up
You are both wrong and are terrible people.
I stand corrected
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:54 am

Yes we are terrible. But not wrong.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:24 am

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Not that it makes a difference, but even Phil Anselmo was a fan of The Crucified. There’s video of him wearing their shirt. And he also wanted them to open for Pantera for the VDoP tour.
true...never knew that. That would be a great concert to see wish it happened.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:01 am

“Are You Ready” and “Six Six Six” on D&K’s Communication.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:33 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
The first 5 songs on St. Anger are actually really good. Just brought down by the bad production and crappy trash(yes it's the joke) snare tone.
St. Anger ranked

11. Dirty Window
10. My World
9. Sweet Amber
8. All Within My Hands
7. St. Anger
6. Invisible Kid
5. Purify
4. Some Kind of Monster
3. Frantic
2. Shoot Me Again
1. The Unnamed Feeling
I, uh, um. Dirty Window? At the bottom? It's number one or two for me. And Purify at 5? Have you heard the chorus? I like the "Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet." part of Shoot Me Again and hate the rest of the song.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:38 am

TZ75 wrote:Yes we are terrible. But not wrong.
When it comes to music everything is subjective. But Taylor Swift absolutely sucks and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:40 am

I also just want to say that St. Anger sounds like the best album ever compared to Lulu.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:41 am

StevenCressler wrote:
The first 5 songs on St. Anger are actually really good. Just brought down by the bad production and crappy trash(yes it's the joke) snare tone.
St. Anger ranked

11. Dirty Window
10. My World
9. Sweet Amber
8. All Within My Hands
7. St. Anger
6. Invisible Kid
5. Purify
4. Some Kind of Monster
3. Frantic
2. Shoot Me Again
1. The Unnamed Feeling
I, uh, um. Dirty Window? At the bottom? It's number one or two for me. And Purify at 5? Have you heard the chorus? I like the "Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet." part of Shoot Me Again and hate the rest of the song.
Oh also, musically the title track is second or third but he has to give us three f bombs each chorus.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:15 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
St. Anger ranked

11. Dirty Window
10. My World
9. Sweet Amber
8. All Within My Hands
7. St. Anger
6. Invisible Kid
5. Purify
4. Some Kind of Monster
3. Frantic
2. Shoot Me Again
1. The Unnamed Feeling
Dirty Window isn't a bad song, I actually enjoy every one, I just think every other one has something special about it that really isn't there with Window. And I know Purify is a hot take. I genuinely don't get all the hate, the chorus isn't bad imo (My World's chorus is miles worse) and the riff is cool. I like that part of SMA, but the main riff if really why it's at 2... Do you remember the main riff?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2