The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Christian Thrash/Speed/Death Metal Albums Of All Time

+7
Pethead
Dustofyears
StevenCressler
mothy
Raegoul
Pro-Zak
Christian Thrash Rules
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Top 10 Christian Thrash/Speed/Death Metal Albums Of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Christian Thrash/Speed/Death Metal Albums Of All Time

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:18 am

Your right, Bolt Thrower is so much better it doesn't compare.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Christian Thrash/Speed/Death Metal Albums Of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Christian Thrash/Speed/Death Metal Albums Of All Time

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:24 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Scrolls is incredible but greatest? Bolt Thrower and Obituary would like a word. 😆
Bolt thrower compared to Scrolls Lolz...

Obituary have nothing that stands up to Scrolls (IMO)

I respect those bands but they bore me for the most part.

There's nothing I've heard secular or Christian that matches the greatness of scrolls except for perhaps the first 3 albums by Deicide, but I still give the gold to Scrolls.

I agree about Obituary and Bolt Thrower. A lot of their stuff kinda runs together IMO.

Back when I listened to death metal more regularly, the first 3 Mortification albums were my favs (Blood World and PRM were good too), followed by the first 4 Morbid Angel albums, the first 4 by Cannibal Corpse and pretty much everything by Death.

Mortification and Death are the only two I still listen to from time to time.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am

Both thrower are boring as hell. But ok. I do respect them but there's not a lot of variation in their music they are kind of flat. Same with Obituary. It's really James Murphy's lead guitar style I like most with Obituary and the classic album art for Cause of death, which in my humble opinion, is better than the album.

Scrolls all day.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:30 am

Bolt Thrower had influenced so many bands they call it Bolt Thrower core. James Murphy is a beast.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:32 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Scrolls is incredible but greatest? Bolt Thrower and Obituary would like a word. 😆
Bolt thrower compared to Scrolls Lolz...

Obituary have nothing that stands up to Scrolls (IMO)

I respect those bands but they bore me for the most part.

There's nothing I've heard secular or Christian that matches the greatness of scrolls except for perhaps the first 3 albums by Deicide, but I still give the gold to Scrolls.

I agree about Obituary and Bolt Thrower. A lot of their stuff kinda runs together IMO.

Back when I listened to death metal more regularly, the first 3 Mortification albums were my favs (Blood World and PRM were good too), followed by the first 4 Morbid Angel albums, the first 4 by Cannibal Corpse and pretty much everything by Death.

Mortification and Death are the only two I still listen to from time to time.
Yeah that it for me too. The first 3 mort albums are gaints in any world and blood world and Primitive are great albums.

Like a few Morbid Angel albums too and cannibal corpse of course and I like deaths first three (yeah I'm one of those guys) and used to owm all the albums from all those bands at one point.

But really the only death metal albums I even listen to now when the mood strikes are the first 3 morts,  LS nonexistent, and occasionally Deicides first 3. That's about it.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:34 am

Black Rider wrote:Bolt Thrower had influenced so many bands they call it Bolt Thrower core. James Murphy is a beast.
Yep them and Obituary. I respect them. And James is awesome!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:35 am

My favorite of the original secular DM bands is probably either Death or Malevolent Creation.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:37 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:No way can anyone leave Scrolls out of such a list! 😱
I haven't listened to much Mort.
Christian metal owns the best death metal album to ever grace the planet. I have not heard A death metal album better than Scrolls By Mort and I have heard a whole lot of death metal in my time. You must listen to it ASAP!!!
I just did. I love it. Replace Psychosurgery at the bottom of my list with Scrolls.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:43 am

mothy wrote:My 10 in no order:

Consecrator - Image of Deception
Betrayal - The Passing
Crimson Thorn - Unearthed
Disencumbrance - The Betrayal 
Mortification - Post Momentary Affliction barely edges out Scrolls
Sacrament - Haunts of Violence
Wickeds End - Temporal Pain
Living Sacrifice - Inhabit
GROMS - Ascension
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice (1st Mix)

Honorable Mentions:
Detritus - Perpetual Defiance
Morty - Scrolls
VR- Once Dead
Fleshkiller
Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration
Deliverance - s/t and Weapons
Crucified - Pillars
Angel of Sodom - Divine Retribution
All this!

VR first mix is a great listen…I prefer it over the mass produced version.
Ethereal Scourge is a gem.
The first 3 Morty albums are world class. Not to discredit their later albums, they’re just a different metal.

Death💀leads to Life✝
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 am

Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:
A man of taste and culture, I see.
Ive been called alot of insults in my life but never "A man of taste and Culture"  Very Happy Razz
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 am

mothy wrote:
Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:
A man of taste and culture, I see.
Ive been called alot of insults in my life but never "A man of taste and Culture"  Very Happy Razz
I live to encourage. 
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

mothy and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:58 am

Pethead The Encourager.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:58 am

I prefer Pethead the Bestower of Encouragement
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 am

No. Too long.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:09 am

As far as the Scrolls debate and even PMA is that it lacks a top notch giutar sound. Ive said it on here before, Mick just wasnt cutout for DM. He is more of a rhythm guitarist.  Mick shines with the s/t sound and the 1st 3 Morty albums are Great because of song writing and Jaysons drums. To me world class DM is Death (Human and after), Crimson Thorn (theres my hot take)
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:18 am

I just now noticed that there are three crosses in the mortification logo. Probably took me too long to see that lol.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, mothy, Ammocas, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:10. Deliverance - Hear What I Say
9. Deliverance - As Above, So Below
8. Deliverance - The Subversive Kind
7. Tourniquet - Psycho Surgery
6. Deliverance - What A Joke
5. Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth
4. Tourniquet - Stop the Bleeding
3. Deliverance - Deliverance
2. Tourmiquet - Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
1. Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare
That's a lot of Deliverance wow. I always thought they weren't thrash after What A Joke?
Yeah, theyre my favorite band as to can tell. And they went back to thrash for their last three albums.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:12 pm

I started listening to more Mort and so far I think my favorite sound from them is Primitive Rhythm Machine.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:52 pm

mothy wrote:As far as the Scrolls debate and even PMA is that it lacks a top notch giutar sound. Ive said it on here before, Mick just wasnt cutout for DM. He is more of a rhythm guitarist.  Mick shines with the s/t sound and the 1st 3 Morty albums are Great because of song writing and Jaysons drums. To me world class DM is Death (Human and after), Crimson Thorn (theres my hot take)

Nope nope nope nope nope NO... Scrolls is perfect in every way. The guitar tone and what Mick plays just adds and helps to set apart  their unique sound in a dense cloning world of death metal (and to add injury to insult he uses Yamaha guitars of all things and no leads). The guitar tonal space gives way and leaves a tonality hole for Steve's Bass to shine and bludgeon through rather than hog the bass space like most guitars do in Metal, especially death metal, yet it's sounds like thick black smoke and ash in a  hot desert, the Bass there in your face through it all and the vocals some of the best in Death metal and Jayson's drumming on that album is pure bliss (and oddly relaxing I find). There is not one thing wrong with scrolls it is a perfect death metal masterpiece.

Death are pioneers and they are great but personally I only like the first three albums. What followed after Healing I find hard to call Death metal and for me there are a few good songs from each of those post healing albums.

Crimson Thorn have one good album and that's unearthed. It's a great death metal album for sure and one of my favorites but nothing sets it apart from the rest and Scrolls it is not. That's how I see it anyway.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:53 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I started listening to more Mort and so far I think my favorite sound from them is Primitive Rhythm Machine.
Yeah after primitive....well..I'll let you make up your own mind about what comes after primitive... happy listening
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Erasing the Goblin is better than Primitive.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:09 pm

And Death moved into progressive death territory. Personally I like them better but I can see how people wouldn't if you liked the earlier sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, mothy and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:10 pm

EnVision
Hammer 
Erasing

Are all better than Primitive
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:And Death moved into progressive death territory. Personally I like them better but I can see how people wouldn't if you liked the earlier sound.
Their last 3 albums are my favorites.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:21 pm

Tech death prog metal yeah. I don't get a lot of death metal from those post healing Death albums they kind of fit into that Cynic, Sadus, Atheist prog thrash style.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next