The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active?

4 posters

Go down

Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active? Empty Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active?

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:49 pm

Tim is one of the grooviest bass players I know in the Christian music scene. Is the guy still active? I remember back when Stryper fired him during the craziness of Tim's divorce, that was a very ugly time to be a fan of Christian metal. So many Christians attacked Tim and his then fiance like his personal life is anybody else's business. I heard he was a part of Luke Easters solo album. I'm actually listening to his album right now and it's definitely something I was not expecting from Luke, but it's actually really good IMO! I remember around 2012 or so, actually saw Stryper in Santa Clara, CA, and I was so excited that I was seeing the classic Stryper lineup. To make things even better, they said there was a surprise guest in the building who was going to help sing To Hell With The Devil, and it was Luke Easter that walked up the stage. It was a really fun night and I got to meet Luke and take a photo with him. I haven't heard of anything new from Tim or Luke for the last few years. Hope they're still writing and enjoying life.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active? Empty Re: Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active?

Post by BaleMaster Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:13 pm

Last I heard, Tim was playing bass for Aldo Nova (in the studio).
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active? Empty Re: Is Tim Gaines Still Musically Active?

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:28 pm

Just a little quick online search and I found he had worked on a project called “Of Gods and Monsters” in 2020 and he is a featured guest on a new project and album called Heavenly Realms by Kevin Pike. 

https://roxxrecords.com/products/pike-gaines-heavenly-realms-2024-cd-stryper-arsenal-fans
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:40 pm

Here’s a link to his Of Gods and Monsters album…

https://roxxrecords.com/products/of-gods-monsters-sons-of-armageddon-cd
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:43 pm

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:33 pm

Luke posts here on occasion, met him at the Immortal Festival last year, he is now the singer for "Reign of Glory."
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:53 pm

I may be mistaken, but didn’t you have a Doors cover band several years ago?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:01 pm

TZ75 wrote:I may be mistaken, but didn’t you have a Doors cover band several years ago?

Tribute band, two of them, one in the mid 90's and one around 2007-2009. Have a classic rock cover band now, just got home from practice.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I may be mistaken, but didn’t you have a Doors cover band several years ago?

Tribute band, two of them, one in the mid 90's and one around 2007-2009. Have a classic rock cover band now, just got home from practice.

What are some of the bands you cover in your current classic rock band?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:23 pm

Well, it started as 60's and 70's classic rock on the psychedelic vibe...but, our keyboard player bailed on us! So we had to drop quite a bit and are adding a bunch from the 90's. Still able to pull off a few Doors, Stones, Bowie, Tull, Beatles. Sabbath, little Zeppelin, not really my range, Hendrix, SRV, BOC...then from the 90's Nirvana, STP, Creed, Smashing Pumpkins...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:26 pm

You have a link for your band or a YouTube channel?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:33 pm

TZ75 wrote:You have a link for your band or a YouTube channel?

No, we haven't even played out yet, it's been like pulling teeth to get these songs down! Guys canceling practice for various reasons, keyboard player quitting set us back, hope to be ready by mid May. Plan to start a Facebook page soon, upload a few songs...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:23 pm

It was like this in the last band exactly ten years ago. I had booked the first gig months in advance. About two weeks before the gig we're going through the list, and I say: "Well, that's ten songs down, and we need at least 25 more!" Somehow we got through it without too much trouble. But I don't want to go through that again, guitarist calling me the night before the gig "Hey, how that part go in "Light my Fire" again?!" 😱🤯🥺
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:28 pm

Thank you for the info, my friends! I didn’t know Luke was fronting another band, that’s awesome! I can’t wait to get back into this stuff, I kind of forgot about Christian metal for a while and started to get back into it a few days ago.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:20 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:It was like this in the last band exactly ten years ago. I had booked the first gig months in advance. About two weeks before the gig we're going through the list, and I say: "Well, that's ten songs down, and we need at least 25 more!" Somehow we got through it without too much trouble. But I don't want to go through that again, guitarist calling me the night before the gig "Hey, how that part go in "Light my Fire" again?!" 😱🤯🥺

Sounds like more trouble than it’s worth…

If gigs don’t pay much and you’re not necessarily having a great time on stage, I wonder why you would do it. 

If you like to play, just book a small gig at a bar/club and get your fix that way.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down