The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know any Christian Easycore?

+8
TZ75
Pethead
MagnusPrime
StevenCressler
Dustofyears
mothy
seth
Christian Thrash Rules
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anyone know any Christian Easycore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know any Christian Easycore?

Post by mothy Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:08 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:
mothy wrote:Try Being as an Ocean.

I listened this morning at the gym and can hear some pop punk influences but the have a metalcore like edge.

Do you consider this band Christian? I know Joel professed faith years ago but I haven't heard them since "Dear G_d." I saw them at a festival touring that album and it was rough. Their testimony was tarnished by my experience. Does he demonstrate faith in their newer material? I liked their style but I let that experience hold me back. I didn't look too far in to really have a conclusion.

More on the topic of the original thread:

Bands in the Being As An Ocean style (what was long called post-hardcore) that I love are Dens and My Epic. I band in a similar veing would be Hands (all three albums) and their follow-up band Everything in Slow Motion (Phoenix is an AMAZING album).

An inactive band that I call melodic hardcore is Close Your Eyes. They have core and pop-punk influences. Their album "Empty Hands and Heavy Hearts" was a favorite in my early days venturing into modern hardcore.
Later stuff not so much but the first couple more.

Good call on close your eyes

Last edited by mothy on Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know any Christian Easycore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know any Christian Easycore?

Post by Ammocas Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:20 pm

Call it what you want. Seriously though, I never heard this term. It kind of sounds ridiculous lol. I liked it back in the day when you either listened to Rock/Metal or Disco. No subgenres. You were either a Metalhead or a Discoqueen.

Oh boyyyy. I sound like my grampa.lol.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, mothy, Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:10 pm

Yeah I still live in the late 80's early 90'a and I am more than happy to stay there. Gen Z you are welcome to your generation of new metal but no thanks.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:55 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:^ Red sounds like basically hard alternative rock to me, which you might like based on some of the other bands you’ve said you like
They have both a lot of melodic singing and fry screaming, Which was the main reason I recommended them.

Btw was that sentence directed to me or CTR?
I think me.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:47 am

TZ75 wrote:“Easy-core” sounds like something trying to rock hard, but deliberately hitting the brakes.
Not at all. The best way I can describe it is Pop-Punk chord progressions and singing with metalcore style sound and breakdowns with screaming/growling vocals.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:38 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Yeah I still live in the late 80's early 90'a and I am more than happy to stay there. Gen Z you are welcome to your generation of new metal but no thanks.
I get it. Even though I am Gen Z I absolutely hate most of the popular Gen Z stuff.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:45 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Yeah I still live in the late 80's early 90'a and I am more than happy to stay there. Gen Z you are welcome to your generation of new metal but no thanks.
I get it. Even though I am Gen Z I absolutely hate most of the popular Gen Z stuff.
Our generation in general is largely made of the dumbest humans to ever live
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:53 pm

Heavy social media use has certainly done a number on our generation
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:38 pm

seth wrote:Heavy social media use has certainly done a number on our generation
I hate social media. I don't count YouTube as social media. But TikTok should be made illegal. I will never have Facebook, Twitter(or X whatever), Instagram or Snapchat or any other apps like that. I also hate popular boys haircuts nowadays, it looks like a grandmas lampshade or something.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:43 pm

I hate social media. I don't count YouTube as social media. But TikTok should be made illegal. I will never have Facebook, Twitter(or X whatever), Instagram or Snapchat or any other apps like that. I also hate popular boys haircuts nowadays, it looks like a grandmas lampshade or something.
Based. You aren’t missing out. I used to use all those (except Facebook and Tiktok), eventually quit and never looked back
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:46 pm

And I don’t lump youtube with the others either. As long as you don’t count YT Shorts (which is brain cancer anyway), it isn’t designed for mindless scrolling like most social media apps. Usually when you go on YouTube, it’s because you want to watch something specific
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:19 pm

seth wrote:And I don’t lump youtube with the others either. As long as you don’t count YT Shorts (which is brain cancer anyway), it isn’t designed for mindless scrolling like most social media apps. Usually when you go on YouTube, it’s because you want to watch something specific
I watch some YouTube shorts, but I don't scroll endlessly on the shorts feed, I just watch certain channels who mainly make shorts. Shorts are also where I get most of my subs from because they get WAY more views than the videos I actually work on, unfortunately.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:20 pm

I use Instagram, but really only as a way to talk to friends who's numbers I don't have. I don't scroll on it a whole bunch unless I'm waiting in line at a theme park or something.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:37 pm

Social media and the web has molded everyone into a homogeneous machine. Everyone is a little God now on their platfrom, all behaving and acting and speaking the same, using the same language. Everything. They don't even recognize how zombie like and manipulated they are. everything is so fake now and people are becoming more like computers.

Gen Z folk don't know what's like to live without phones or computers or the internet so they only know what they know. Old folks see the difference. It's frankly, sad and disturbing where humanity is going, and it's slitting its own throat.

I feel for young folk today the new pressures put on them to preform and be "SOMEBODY" and since we all became little gods with cameras everywhere, it's all about popularity, views and ratings, and youg people are influenced by the stupidest people on the planet (Andrew tate the new muslim action doll accessory for example, though thankfully that phase is coming to an end). People go out and do stupid stuff just for a like. World gone done lost its mind. Bullying is bigger than ever since the advent of the phone cam and much more besides. Humans really are stupid but they follow the trends the elite put out for them and think not of the long term consequences but convenience and flash.

rant over.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:23 pm

Exactly. It’s always been the case that the stupidest people are often the loudest, but social media allows their stupidity to reach much larger audiences of impressionable people. So they call themselves “influencers” and make a career of teaching others how to be a shallow, narcissistic fool
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:30 am

seth wrote:Exactly. It’s always been the case that the stupidest people are often the loudest, but social media allows their stupidity to reach much larger audiences of impressionable people. So they call themselves “influencers” and make a career of teaching others how to be a shallow, narcissistic fool
The fact people call themselves "an influencer" is so (and to use one of many virus internet buzz words) "Cringe". And most of them act the same, all loud and like a cartoon character that talks fast and uses tons of ADD edits as if staying on one frame for more than a couple seconds is against the law and peoples brain will melt. The worst ones are the ones that edit themselves after every sentence lolz.

Most annoying though is young people are easily led by these self righteous w***ers (most of hem young themselves)

It seems to me the motto of modernity is "If it sounds good and sounds right, then it is good and is right". So give it no more thought, as  long as it sounds "Positive".

AAArrrgghhh it's oprah but not oprah as we know it Jim!!!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:46 am

"Eat and drink for tomorrow we die."

"There's nothing new under the Sun."

Ha! What else?

There might be pain first, but a change is in the air.

My youngest daughter (20) is utterly "based" as they say, and so is pretty much her entire friend group.

There will always be producers and innovators - real ones not social ones - and they will eventually tire of carrying the dead weight. Society's carrying capacity is very close to the saturation point and your generation Seth, Steven will have to deal firmly with the detritus. I see it coming.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:07 am

on the contrary. I'd say there's a lot of stuff that's new under the sun and blistering on the horizon.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2