The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time

+2
scottmitchell74
Christian Thrash Rules
6 posters

Go down

Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time Empty Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:48 am

What is your Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time? No specific genre, just Metal!(I'm going to try to not repeat bands more than once) Here's mine:

1. ...And Justice For All - Metallica(Prog-Thrash)
This is not only my number 1 Metal album but my number 1 album of all time. Metallica made so many masterpieces here with songs like Blackened, title track, One, To Live Is To Die(my favorite Metallica instrumental), and the VERY underrated Frayed Ends Of Sanity.

2. Fight The Silence - For Today(Metalcore)
This is the best Metalcore album ever, Christian or secular. 

3. Rust In Peace - Megadeth(Thrash)
I wanted to include one secular full Thrash album because ...And Justice For All is a unique Prog-Thrash sound.

4. Human Sacrifice - Vengeance Rising(Death-Thrash)
The best Christian Thrash album ever.

5. Something For Nothing - Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!(Easycore/Metalcore/Pop-Punk)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! is a very underrated band and this debut album is the best example of Easycore.(Their album Get Lost, Find Yourself is equally as good and could be put here but Something For Nothing is more classic)

6. Deliverance - Deliverance(Thrash/Speed)
An amazing album with some terrible production.

7. No More Hell To Pay - Stryper(Heavy/NWOBHMish)
This is probably a slightly controversial pick for Stryper but it's my favorite.

8. Satellites - P.O.D.(Nu)  
The best Nu Metal album Christian or secular.

9. Alien Love Secrets - Steve Vai(Instrumental)
I don't know if this can completely qualify as Metal but Bad Horsie at the very least can.

10. Toxicity - System Of A Down(Nu/Alt.)
A great album with a very overplayed song.

Apart from number 1 there is no order. And this list could be completely different tomorrow(except for Justice that stays) and if I was fine with repeating bands this would look a lot different, mainly a lot more Metallica. Here are some honorable mentions:

Drones - Muse(Alt./Heavy)
I personally think this can be counted as Metal and it would be number 2 but a lot of people will say this isn't Metal so I kept it off.

Pardon My French Deluxe Edition - Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!(Metalcore/Easycore)
This album is absolutely amazing musically, but based on the name you can probably tell why it's not on the list...
Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time Screen10
This album has 16 songs btw. So just in case you don't know, Pardon My French means excuse my language.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time Empty Re: Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:05 am

Pretty interesting list with some killers on it!
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:10 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:Pretty interesting list with some killers on it!
Yeah I tried to make it interesting and put some albums I love that might just miss the top ten that other people may not know or not care about.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:17 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:What is your Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time? No specific genre, just Metal!(I'm going to try to not repeat bands more than once) Here's mine:

1. ...And Justice For All - Metallica(Prog-Thrash)
This is not only my number 1 Metal album but my number 1 album of all time. Metallica made so many masterpieces here with songs like Blackened, title track, One, To Live Is To Die(my favorite Metallica instrumental), and the VERY underrated Frayed Ends Of Sanity.

2. Fight The Silence - For Today(Metalcore)
This is the best Metalcore album ever, Christian or secular. 

3. Rust In Peace - Megadeth(Thrash)
I wanted to include one secular full Thrash album because ...And Justice For All is a unique Prog-Thrash sound.

4. Human Sacrifice - Vengeance Rising(Death-Thrash)
The best Christian Thrash album ever.

5. Something For Nothing - Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!(Easycore/Metalcore/Pop-Punk)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! is a very underrated band and this debut album is the best example of Easycore.(Their album Get Lost, Find Yourself is equally as good and could be put here but Something For Nothing is more classic)

6. Deliverance - Deliverance(Thrash/Speed)
An amazing album with some terrible production.

This is probably a slightly controversial pick for Stryper but it's my favorite.

9. Alien Love Secrets - Steve Vai(Instrumental)
I don't know if this can completely qualify as Metal but Bad Horsie at the very least can.

10. Toxicity - System Of A Down(Nu/Alt.)
A great album with a very overplayed song.

Apart from number 1 there is no order. And this list could be completely different tomorrow(except for Justice that stays) and if I was fine with repeating bands this would look a lot different, mainly a lot more Metallica. Here are some honorable mentions:

Drones - Muse(Alt./Heavy)
I personally think this can be counted as Metal and it would be number 2 but a lot of people will say this isn't Metal so I kept it off.

Pardon My French Deluxe Edition - Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!(Metalcore/Easycore)
This album is absolutely amazing musically, but based on the name you can probably tell why it's not on the list...
Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time Screen10
This album has 16 songs btw. So just in case you don't know, Pardon My French means excuse my language.
I know that a lot of people have never heard of Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! so here is a playlist I made if anyone is interested: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1bHEhyxmx4cZNKRHAzsA6U?si=531f300c25e44278
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:40 am

Do they pay you to push them? It's boringcore.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:24 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:

I think these are some really good choices.   I would say that Stryper album would be my favorite overall too.
And that P.O.D. album, I must have played about 2 dozen times at one point.

I'm not really sure what my Top 10 would look like now, it changes....would have to think about that some more.

I can comfortably say that Metallica would be nowhere near it though, lol.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:27 am

Glad to see Toxicity on there! Also, note that this list would include Rust in Peace and possibly at least one more Deth album but I haven't scored them yet so they aren't currently on here. Same with Lament for the Weary and Extraction from Mortality. Also these are my top 10 albums anyway, since metal is the peak of music.

10. Tourniquet - Stop the Bleeding (Speed/thrash)
Full of great songs and riffs, and of course lyrics. I actually like the falsetto here. Best song: Ark of Suffering.
9. Metallica - Ride the Lightning (Thrash)
Fade to Black and Creeping Death are masterpieces, the rest isn't far behind. Best song: Fade to Black
8. Deliverance - Deliverance (Thrash)
This is my #1 guitar tone of all time, plus the riffs are great (though the lyrics are cheesy). Best song: The Call
7. Tourniquet - Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm (Neoclassical thrash/Pure Tourniquet metal)
Such a creative album with great lyrics, especially The Tomb of Gilgamesh. Best song: The Tomb of Gilgamesh.
6. Deliverance - Learn (Prog)
Time and 1990 are my top 2 D songs. This was the album that got me into metal, and Jimmy's voice here is amazing. Best song: Time
5. Skillet - Collide (Nu/alt)
The only Skillet album I'd call metal. The songs here hit way harder than they have any right to. This is a little too high though, it will surely go down after my next re-scoring. Best song: Fingernails
4. Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare (Thrash)
Best Christian thrash album ever. Every single song has great riffs and vocals, good solos too. Lyrics are still a little cheesy. Best song: Flesh and Blood
3. Deliverance - Assimilation (Industrial)
But the lyrics here are great. This album is full of great lyrics and great melodies, and it's no secret that this is my pick for the #1 most underrated metal album out there. Best song: The Learned Man
2. Metallica - Master of Puppets (Thrash)
Such an amazing album. Ever song is great, some crazy fast riffs here. The title track and Disposable Heroes are great. However, the best song is Welcome Home, Sanitarium.
1. Metallica - And Justice for All (Prog-Thrash)
Perfect album. One is my favorite song of all time. Dyer's Eve is an insanely fast more pure thrash song and my #2 on the album. The title track, Harvester of Sorrow, Frayed Ends of Sanity, and Blackened are all 9/10 or more. And the songs that aren't are very close.
Also, Constantine apparently needs ear surgery. Keep him in prayers.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:34 am

StevenCressler wrote:
I need a lot of surgery, lol!  Maybe we can start a GoFundMe or GiveSendGo..... Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time 1f609
Until then, all prayers are most welcome.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:04 pm

Black Rider wrote:Do they pay you to push them? It's boringcore.
Haha, no I don't. I just believe they are very underrated.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:04 pm

Constantine wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I need a lot of surgery, lol!  Maybe we can start a GoFundMe or GiveSendGo..... Top 10 Metal Albums Of All Time 1f609
I'll be praying!
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Constantine wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I'll be praying!
Just so you know I'm not sure if he actually needs surgery, but my "ear surgery" remark was a respons to him saying Metallica would be nowhere near his list.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:18 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Constantine wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I'll be praying!
Just so you know I'm not sure if he actually needs surgery, but my "ear surgery" remark was a respons to him saying Metallica would be nowhere near his list.
Ohhhhh lol, haha. I would agree with that, but that means that 90% of my friends need that surgery.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:20 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Constantine wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I'll be praying!
Ohhhhh lol, haha. I would agree with that, but that means that 90% of my friends need that surgery.
Yep
Btw did you see my list?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:13 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Glad to see Toxicity on there! Also, note that this list would include Rust in Peace and possibly at least one more Deth album but I haven't scored them yet so they aren't currently on here. Same with Lament for the Weary and Extraction from Mortality. Also these are my top 10 albums anyway, since metal is the peak of music.

Full of great songs and riffs, and of course lyrics. I actually like the falsetto here. Best song: Ark of Suffering.
Fade to Black and Creeping Death are masterpieces, the rest isn't far behind. Best song: Fade to Black
This is my #1 guitar tone of all time, plus the riffs are great (though the lyrics are cheesy). Best song: The Call
7. Tourniquet - Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm (Neoclassical thrash/Pure Tourniquet metal)
Such a creative album with great lyrics, especially The Tomb of Gilgamesh. Best song: The Tomb of Gilgamesh.
Time and 1990 are my top 2 D songs. This was the album that got me into metal, and Jimmy's voice here is amazing. Best song: Time
The only Skillet album I'd call metal. The songs here hit way harder than they have any right to. This is a little too high though, it will surely go down after my next re-scoring. Best song: Fingernails
Best Christian thrash album ever. Every single song has great riffs and vocals, good solos too. Lyrics are still a little cheesy. Best song: Flesh and Blood
But the lyrics here are great. This album is full of great lyrics and great melodies, and it's no secret that this is my pick for the #1 most underrated metal album out there. Best song: The Learned Man
Such an amazing album. Ever song is great, some crazy fast riffs here. The title track and Disposable Heroes are great. However, the best song is Welcome Home, Sanitarium.
Perfect album. One is my favorite song of all time. Dyer's Eve is an insanely fast more pure thrash song and my #2 on the album. The title track, Harvester of Sorrow, Frayed Ends of Sanity, and Blackened are all 9/10 or more. And the songs that aren't are very close.
That's a good list. I don't like the vocal style very much on Stop The Bleeding but musically it's amazing. My favorite Tourniquet album is probably Where Moth And Rust Destroy which features Marty Friedman on lead guitar.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:25 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Glad to see Toxicity on there! Also, note that this list would include Rust in Peace and possibly at least one more Deth album but I haven't scored them yet so they aren't currently on here. Same with Lament for the Weary and Extraction from Mortality. Also these are my top 10 albums anyway, since metal is the peak of music.

That's a good list. I don't like the vocal style very much on Stop The Bleeding but musically it's amazing. My favorite Tourniquet album is probably Where Moth And Rust Destroy which features Marty Friedman on lead guitar.
WMaRD is a great album. I would put it below average for Tourniquet, but they're my second favorite band so that isn't saying much bad.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:05 pm

I've decided I don't have a top ten albums. I could fill that with just the better half of the Beatles or sabbath alone.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down