The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+16
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Raegoul
scottmitchell74
Staybrite
WildWorld
nocturnaliridescence
MagnusPrime
Black Rider
CrimsonWarrior
seth
Pethead
StevenCressler
Sevenoneself
Ammocas
Kerrick
20 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 3 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by nocturnaliridescence Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:48 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:The most well-armed segment of private citizens in human history had a massive UNARMED gathering... and they call it an insurrection? 😂😂👌👌
Context?
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:06 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack

A riot, not a coup or insurrection, but the incident gave the American left the best propaganda opportunity they could ever have asked for, which they have been milking ever since
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:28 pm

seth wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack

A riot, not a coup or insurrection, but the incident gave the American left the best propaganda opportunity they could ever have asked for, which they have been milking ever since
Yep
Btw... congrats on reaching HUB! (Not that it really means anything other than you being online a whole bunch, but it's still cool lol)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:39 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack

Yep
Btw... congrats on reaching HUB! (Not that it really means anything other than you being online a whole bunch, but it's still cool lol)
Thank you, although it does serve as a reminder to me that I probably have spent too much time on this forum over the past few months. Been fighting digital media addiction for a while now, and this forum is currently the only “social media” I permit myself to use, but even here time spent can creep up on you if you aren’t careful
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:15 pm

seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Yep
Thank you, although it does serve as a reminder to me that I probably have spent too much time on this forum over the past few months. Been fighting digital media addiction for a while now, and this forum is currently the only “social media” I permit myself to use, but even here time spent can creep up on you if you aren’t careful
Yeah. I think both of us (well, I'm not there yet, but I will be soon) have gotten there pretty fast, as we're some of the newest members. The thing I like about having those is it makes me feel more like a valuable recognized member of the community here lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:26 am

Sometimes I really think about getting rid of my smartphone and going back to a dumb phone.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

crucifyd, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 pm

Of course it was something political. The only thing I hate more about the "church?" than all the pointless debates over non-salvation issues is its fascination with politics. 

Heaven is a theocratic monarchy. Every earthly political view is meaningless and will die with the people who believe in them. Every politician, political podcast host, etc is a goat who, at best, allows you to live each day because they can puppeteer you for profit.

The left and right are two sides of the same /👁️\.
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:03 pm

Pethead wrote:Sometimes I really think about getting rid of my smartphone and going back to a dumb phone.
Although I’ve never actually had a “dumb” phone, I have honestly thought about it myself. But the appeal of having a pocket-sized camera that works really well, and the necessity of work and school related things that require apps, keep me from doing it
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:07 pm

nocturnaliridescence wrote:Of course it was something political. The only thing I hate more about the "church?" than all the pointless debates over non-salvation issues is its fascination with politics. 

Heaven is a theocratic monarchy. Every earthly political view is meaningless and will die with the people who believe in them. Every politician, political podcast host, etc is a goat who, at best, allows you to live each day because they can puppeteer you for profit.

Agreed that anyone who puts their hope in politics, or thinks politicians on either side genuinely care about them, is a fool. I do however think it’s advisable to at least pay some attention to politics to know who to vote for, and to recognize that while both sides are bad, one is decidedly worse than the other when it comes to pushing harmful policy on society
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:25 pm

nocturnaliridescence wrote:Of course it was something political. The only thing I hate more about the "church?" than all the pointless debates over non-salvation issues is its fascination with politics. 

Debates over non-salvation issues are not unimportant. We are called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Doing this properly requires understanding who God is and what pleases him. This requires a greater understanding than the absolute bare minimum to get saved.

The only way that every political view is meaningless is if everything that happens on earth is meaningless, and you know that that isn't true.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Kerrick, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:47 pm

People who think politics are meaningless and/or don't pay attention to politics will sooner or later find their lives very much controlled by the people who do pay very close attention and do think often about politics.

This idea that Christians shouldn't be involved in politics is utterly bananas. That would mean letting godless heathens be in charge at every level from school board to Commander in Chief. That's a huge reason why we have the insane policies we have now, and find ourselves trying to dig ourselves out of a massive hole.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Superjuice, CrimsonWarrior, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:17 am

I'm leaving in a few days for a 8 day missions trip in El Salvador. We'll be building houses and encouraging the local believers.

This is a big deal to me. I'm 42 years old, and it's my first time traveling internationally and my first time traveling to another culture. My 2nd oldest child, Emily (18) is going as well. I'm pretty excited, and a bit nervous.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, alldatndensum, Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Raegoul, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:04 am

On the subject of politics, I am reminded of how a professor I had once described the meaning of the word. “Poly” is a latin prefix meaning “many,” and “ticks” are parasitic, blood-sucking bugs. Very apt description imo
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, Pethead, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:08 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:I'm leaving in a few days for a 8 day missions trip in El Salvador. We'll be building houses and encouraging the local believers.

This is a big deal to me. I'm 42 years old, and it's my first time traveling internationally and my first time traveling to another culture. My 2nd oldest child, Emily (18) is going as well. I'm pretty excited, and a bit nervous.
That's awesome praying for you all.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:46 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:I'm leaving in a few days for a 8 day missions trip in El Salvador. We'll be building houses and encouraging the local believers.

That's awesome praying for you all.

Thanks Black! I really appreciate it. I've had the opportunity to go previously, but my fear of having panic attacks kept me. My mind is pretty stable right now, but I will need to trust in the Lord and not give in to doubts. I want to make the most of it and enjoy God's adventure for us and not just survive.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Fear of panic attacks can be debilitating. It’s often kept me from doing things I’d otherwise jump at.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:05 pm

Pethead wrote:Fear of panic attacks can be debilitating. It’s often kept me from doing things I’d otherwise jump at.

I wouldn't have done this trip except my daughter was determined to and "required" either my wife or I to go with her! My wife can't go because of her job, so it was me! And God uses our love for our children to conquer obstacles we wouldn't have otherwise overcame. So I'm thankful for Emily and God!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:01 am

God bless you Seven! Your example is encouraging and motivating.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:04 am

Pethead wrote:Sometimes I really think about getting rid of my smartphone and going back to a dumb phone.

Could never get rid of my smartphone. I take walks constantly (try to fit in at least one walk a day, sometimes 2 or even 3 if I dont have anything else going on that day), and I enjoy listening to (and singing along to) music while taking said walks.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:12 am

Random thoughts... - Page 3 Screen24

Pethead going for a stroll without his smartphone.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:07 am

In all seriousness, Pet, you're probably right. Smartphones are great, but perhaps it's not wise to have all that power with a person wherever he or she goes. We might have to go back to mp3 players with smaller memory sizes but it'd probably be worth it.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:02 am

I hate smart phones. Hate them. But so much of what we can or must do (work, shopping, bills, travel) is phone-centric. My dad is very proud of his flip-phone status, but I have to remind him that he gets away with it because my mom takes care of everything.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:06 am

Like having a crackpipe in your pocket 24/7 that also has legitimate use to prevent you from having an excuse to get rid of it. One technique I’ve found to help is putting a thick rubber band around the phone to deliberately make it more annoying to use, and to remind me to watch my time on it. Sounds ridiculous but it has actually helped
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:35 am

seth wrote:Like having a crackpipe in your pocket 24/7 that also has legitimate use to prevent you from having an excuse to get rid of it. One technique I’ve found to help is putting a thick rubber band around the phone to deliberately make it more annoying to use, and to remind me to watch my time on it. Sounds ridiculous but it has actually helped
I actually haven't been using my phone that much recently... I've been spending too much time on the computer lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:56 am

At least the computer can’t go with you wherever you go. Although that could potentially lead to more problems if someone finds themselves stuck to their computer all day instead of spending time outside
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next