The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson

3 posters

Go down

Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson Empty Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson

Post by TZ75 Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:37 pm

This guy doesn’t hold back! He probably has a ton of great stories to tell.

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson Empty Re: Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson

Post by Constantine Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:14 pm

Jake has had a lot of "bad luck" in the industry, although one could make the argument that some of it was because he trusted the wrong (evil) people.

Unfortunately his best playing days seem to be behind him now but I'm glad he's speaking out because there are a lot of bad actors and dirty dealings going on in even the best & most popular bands.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson Empty Re: Badlands, Red Sea and Die Happy bassist Greg Chaisson

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:10 pm

Constantine wrote:Jake has had a lot of "bad luck" in the industry, although one could make the argument that some of it was because he trusted the wrong (evil) people.

Unfortunately his best playing days seem to be behind him now but I'm glad he's speaking out because there are a lot of bad actors and dirty dealings going on in even the best & most popular bands.

Jake doesn’t bow to the industry moguls. He disappeared for a long time before he started his latest band Red Dragon Cartel. He has always had the nerve to speak his mind. I think he’s perfectly fine to disappear again (if he lost his desire to make albums). The industry can’t hurt someone that doesn’t care. He made his mark in music and as a player. He has nothing to prove. 

On a side note…

It’s sad that his Badlands band has major trouble with making new copies of their old albums. It has to do with a court ruling regarding Ray Gillen’s non band activities. Why should the surviving band members suffer and the music fade away? It sucks.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:20 pm

TZ75 wrote:On a side note…

It’s sad that his Badlands band has major trouble with making new pressings of their old albums. It has to do with a court ruling regarding Ray Gillian’s non band activities. Why should the fans and the surviving band members fade away? It sucks.
Yes, this is exactly what's going on. I agree, it is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, especially the remaining band members.  

The crimes of Ray Gillen were considered too egregious and there were many lawsuits.  Atlantic Records won't even sell the rights to the music now, much less reissue the albums or put them on streaming sites.

Maybe that will change in the future but hard to say.

The 3rd album "Dusk" is the only one on Spotify.  But it was released by Z Records not Atlantic.  It's basically a collection of demos and is not their best material.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Staybrite and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:03 pm

Constantine wrote:
TZ75 wrote:On a side note…

It’s sad that his Badlands band has major trouble with making new pressings of their old albums. It has to do with a court ruling regarding Ray Gillian’s non band activities. Why should the fans and the surviving band members fade away? It sucks.
Yes, this is exactly what's going on. I agree, it is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, especially the remaining band members.  

The crimes of Ray Gillen were considered too egregious and there were many lawsuits.  Atlantic Records won't even sell the rights to the music now, much less reissue the albums or put them on streaming sites.

Maybe that will change in the future but hard to say.

The 3rd album "Dusk" is the only one on Spotify.  But it was released by Z Records not Atlantic.  It's basically a collection of demos and is not their best material.

The old pressings of the Atlantic albums are going to be worth a lot. I recently went on a search for a rock-candy records remastered reissue of the second album and it was too much! I ended up getting a copy of the original pressing in very good condition at Discogs. 

Luckily I still have my (disc only) rock-candy reissue of Voodoo Highway. I put that disc in the jewel case with the lyrics booklet.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:08 pm

I am not defending the crimes that Gillen did, but why single him out? 

Vince Neil killed someone and it had no effect on Motley Crue. He even only served a few months in jail. That’s just one example. I’m sure there are several other bands that have a dark history that still are able to sell their albums.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:50 pm

Vince should have got in more trouble but he didn't intend to kill. Ray purposely infected gals with AIDS, little different.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:08 pm

Black Rider wrote:Vince should have got in more trouble but he didn't intend to kill. Ray purposely infected gals with AIDS, little different.

I didn’t know the details. I wasn’t sure he knew he had the virus. I thought he was a promiscuous rockstar sleeping around carelessly. 

But the question still remains why the music needs to be erased. Like Constantine said, you can’t even get the albums on a streaming service. And the other band members didn’t do anything wrong. 

Ray was a fantastic singer, but if the only way to get the music back out there again is re-recording them with someone else… I wouldn’t be against having a guy like Robin Kyle do it. The music is too good to fade away!

Last edited by TZ75 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:11 pm

You are right about Vince Neil though. He should have been given a more severe punishment!

People that drink and drive know what they are doing. They just don’t care at the moment.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:32 pm

It’s beyond awful what Ray did, but if those girls had the same options and care that Magic Johnson had, it wouldn’t have been a death sentence. 

I think that the “powers that be” have had a cure for the virus since almost the beginning. But it’s reserved for their privileged members. It seems like a lab created illness to depopulate. To this day, they got people creating new strains of different viruses. Wuhan isn’t the only lab doing it.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Superjuice like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down