The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past

+2
Constantine
Maddierecords1
6 posters

Go down

Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past  Empty Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past

Post by Maddierecords1 Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:59 pm

Anyone else listen to these 2 albums? Everything they did afterwards is pretty bad imo(dtgl isn't bad) and most of them renounced Christianity and said they were never a Christian band so that is what it is, but both of fhese albums are great. One is more so death metal and another is unblack mixed with metal core. Really Good stuff. Cries of the past is one of the better unblack metal albums shockingly enough. 

Note- the only 2 members that played on these albums that are still in the band are atleast both still spiritual and believe in God. One is Christian one is spiritual.

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past  Empty Re: Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past

Post by Constantine Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:39 pm

I may have heard some songs from these but I can't recall what they sounded like.
I did hear that they renounced any claims of being a faith-based band.  
Since you mentioned their best albums I'll check them out when I have some time and am in the mood for that style.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past  Empty Re: Underoath- act of depression and cries of the past

Post by Maddierecords1 Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:32 pm

Not sure if luckily is the right word but the dude who is the most we were never a Christian band is not on either of these albums

Act of depression is more death metal.
Cries is more unblack

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:27 pm

Bailed on these profane posers long ago.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:21 pm

I used to love Cries of the Past. It's been a long time since I listened to it. The only other album I ever bought was Define the Great Line, which I didn't care for.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:33 am

I still love their early albums, despite the change in beliefs.

The first 3 with Dallas are all very underrated! Cries of The Past is my fave due to the black metal influence.

Still jam Define The Great Line and They're Only Chasing Safety, they are definitely more on the emo side but their influence back then cannot be denied.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:30 pm

I have an original copy of Cries Of the Past...  

Should have sold it a long time ago when it was worth 10x what I paid for it...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down