The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian music - remembering the past

+8
d@v!d
Andreas89
eatbugs
Xid
Black Rider
Hardcore Christian
New Creation
cailen
12 posters

Go down

Christian music - remembering the past Empty Christian music - remembering the past

Post by cailen Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Oh how I like to remember the past. Listening to demo tapes and vinyl.

I like to remember and share those good times with you all.

Do you remember...

Ressurection Band
Petra
Jerusalem
Leviticus
Saint
Messiah
Stryper
Bloodgood
Bride
Barren Cross
Sacred Warrior
Nobody Special
The Lead
The Crucified
Deliverance
Recon
Martyr
Vengeance Rising
Seventh Angel
Believer
Tourniquet
Mortification

and many others...

but we are only a few. Seems that there is no huge market for those bands (inspite of the quality).

We are underground and the underground still lives on!

I love to collect rare recordings and to share these good times with people who apreciate it.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Christian music - remembering the past Empty Re: Christian music - remembering the past

Post by New Creation Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:09 pm

I can tie vivid memories in my mind to all of those names except:

Leviticus
Saint
Nobody Special
Recon
Martyr
Seventh Angel

I never listened to any of their music. But, I could equally add a huge list on top of yours.

Memory lane, here we go!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian music - remembering the past Empty Re: Christian music - remembering the past

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm too young to have memories tied to most of these bands.

But I have quite a few memories tied with two of my favorite bands ever Mortification and Deliverance

I have a few also tied to Vengeance, Angelica, and Tourniquet
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Every group you mentioned except Nobody Special.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:24 am

Still give lots of those listens!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:45 am

Love most of them.  Even at 37 I'm still too young to have seen most of them in their prime.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:35 am

Just like others here, I'm too young to have seen those bands in their glory days. On top of that, I'm only a christian since 2011 and I've only seen Theocracy and Sinbreed when it comes to christian metal (back then, Sinbreed only had one album that contained lyrics by someone who wasn't with the band anymore). So no "oldies". But I certainly hope that I can catch up a little, CD-wise.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:10 pm

cailen wrote:Oh how I like to remember the past. Listening to demo tapes and vinyl.

I like to remember and share those good times with you all.

Do you remember...

Ressurection Band
Petra
Jerusalem
Leviticus
Saint
Messiah
Stryper
Bloodgood
Bride
Barren Cross
Sacred Warrior
Nobody Special
The Lead
The Crucified
Deliverance
Recon
Martyr
Vengeance Rising
Seventh Angel
Believer
Tourniquet
Mortification

and many others...

but we are only a few. Seems that there is no huge market for those bands (inspite of the quality).

We are underground and the underground still lives on!

I love to collect rare recordings and to share these good times with people who apreciate it.
Yes, for the most part.
New Creation wrote:I can tie vivid memories in my mind to all of those names except:

Leviticus
Saint
Nobody Special
Recon
Martyr
Seventh Angel

I never listened to any of their music. But, I could equally add a huge list on top of yours.

Memory lane, here we go!
Old Martyr is basically what Betrayal was. New Martyr was a bit simpler affair.

I used to like NS and Pat has resurrected the band after 2 decades, but reading some of his rants on the web he seems like a blowhard now and it undermines the good message of his music.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:48 am

I love the older bands. Sometimes I still purchase albums that are 20+ year old and I missed out on then they were released.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Rez, Barnabas and Daniel Band were the beginning of my Christian library.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Whitecross
Bloodgood
Shout
Ken Tamplin
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:53 pm

It would be interesting which of these bands we have seen live or

did miss. Very Happy

For me one of my highlights was seeing
Petra, Bride, Tourniquet, Mortification in the 1990ies in Germany

Bloodgood in Germany 2008,

Betrayal in Utrecht / The Netherlands in about 1993,

Once Dead in Uster / Switzerland in about 200???,

Josh Kramer of course in Nantzdietschweiler Very Happy
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 pm

I saw Rez live. Also Barren Cross, Sacred Warrior, and Vengeance Rising.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BadDogWater Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Ressurection Band  I saw em open for Stryper at the Anehiem Convention center.  Was a great night.  I became a christian that night ( Have since UN-christianed myself)  I saw em a 1more time at Knots new years frontline show and at Disneyland.   I owned a few tapes and still listen to em. 
Petra 
Saw em 1 time at Disneyland they were always ok never liked the tapes to wimpy for me. Jerusalem   
wimpy
Leviticus
Loved the first two.  just bought the box set it is EXCELLENT  wish it had the first EP included though.  Ill have to buy the remasters to of the first two to get those I suppose.
Saint
I liked the first tape when it came out.  I saw em on the Times end tour at some metal weekend at a high school somewhere.  They were good.  I still like em even though they are not very consistent, and the singer is a drunk.
Messiah
Love Rock the flock back in the day.  not so good now.
Stryper
Love em ,  seen em proub. 20 times.  It was STRYPER and KISS for me back in high school.  Lots of history with them.  In stores, inspiration real tight band.  A+ even though Mike seems like kinda of a dick.
Bloodgood
Mike went to my high school a few years before I did, even had my fathers History class.  They were a top teir christian band back in the day.  I saw em half a dozen times.  Lee was kinda a dick to me, I used to paly in a band called 7th day and I told him this and he was just like so.....  but other guys were all super nice
Bride
Never liked em.  Dale was nice when I Facebooked him asking about his time in RIK fox's band. 
Barren Cross
Another Top band back in the 80's   Saw em a 3 times.  Waters club, Metal Mardi Gras, a park in Reseda.  Mike is kinda wacky,  LOved the first EP!
Sacred Warrior
Never cared for them
Nobody Special
Had the first tape,  thought they had 1 song that was borderline punk, rest was gargabe
The Lead
Ordered the firt LP from Heavene Metal.  Horid music.  I still have it but cool cover and thought they were at least kinda punk and kinda cool
The Crucified
I had a demo super cool and tight had the bug song on it.  Saw em one time and they were good, never cared for the official releases
Deliverance
stuff on California metal and 1st album were great.  I used to hang out with Marcus Colin and do his magazine Black and White.  Good times,  Great tight band that always delivered.  Iremeber being in a prayer group that Jimmy was in and some girl wanted prayers cause she was pregnant.  I thought holy smokes what a sinner.  Ha
Recon
Never cared for them, but they looked great
Martyr
Messy sounding band,  I let Marcus use a guitar of mine at a show they dd at some high school.  Band was not my cup of tea.
Vengeance Rising
Loved the first Demo  good live band.  I thought they were super scruffy and on par with Slayer.  Today not so much  Love how Roger went Batty and the story of the breakup.  Is it really christian to leave your debts behind?  Ha
Seventh Angel
Never registered with me
Believer
No clue
Tourniquet
Tight band, I had a manager who though he was a bdass for liking them.  I said The christian band, he was like NO!  He read the lyrics and was like oh yeah they are HA
Mortification
Never cared for them

I still love these bands and more despite not believing the message of chrsit, but the positivity is energizing.

BadDogWater
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down