The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign…

4 posters

Go down

Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign… Empty Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign…

Post by Ammocas Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:50 am

A kickstarter campaign has been launched for a long lost Larry Norman UK Concert in 1977. 

Check it out here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/charles-norman/larry-norman-live-in-the-uk-77
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign… Empty Re: Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign…

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:41 pm

My CD set arrived yesterday.  The sound quality is terrific.  For the money I spent, I'm bummed that it's CD-R and not replicated.  That's on me, though, as many LN CDs are CD-R.  I'll be curious for feedback on the LP set if anyone here ordered one...
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign… Empty Re: Any Larry Norman Fans? There’s a new kickstarter campaign…

Post by Ammocas Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:14 pm

^ I ordered the cd set and Lp. Mine won’t arrive until the vinyl is done. I did download the files he sent last month. The sound is perfect.
That’s a disappointment about the cd’s being cd-r..I wasn’t aware that would be the case. I might’ve just bought the download if I would’ve known.
By any chance xMetalMarkx, did you get any pics or lyric files sent to you. They were supposed to be sent a few weeks ago. I never received anything except the music files.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:54 pm

Ammocas wrote:^ I ordered the cd set and Lp. Mine won’t arrive until the vinyl is done. I did download the files he sent last month. The sound is perfect.
That’s a disappointment about the cd’s being cd-r..I wasn’t aware that would be the case. I might’ve just bought the download if I would’ve known.
By any chance xMetalMarkx, did you get any pics or lyric files sent to you. They were supposed to be sent a few weeks ago. I never received anything except the music files.
100% agree about the sound quality--easily the best-sounding of the countless live releases that came before it, and near his creative height with an enthusiastic full house!  I didn't get any pics or lyric files.  I must have missed the mention of those coming in addition to the music files?

Also, disc 3 is unfortunately mis-indexed.  Acoustic "UFO" appears at the end of the disc instead of at the beginning where it's listed on the packaging (& where it belongs, audibly).  Easy enough to fix, but still...
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Ammocas, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 pm

xMetalMarkx wrote:My CD set arrived yesterday.  The sound quality is terrific.  For the money I spent, I'm bummed that it's CD-R and not replicated.  That's on me, though, as many LN CDs are CD-R.  I'll be curious for feedback on the LP set if anyone here ordered one...
I have the vinyl coming.  Charles said it may be late spring/early summer.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:49 pm

I finally got a chance to listen to this.  I agree with everything xMetalMarkx said.  This might be the best sound quality of any live album I've heard.  Disc 3 is mis-labeled but iTunes got it right when i ripped the CD.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

xMetalMarkx, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down