The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS?

+11
Staybrite
BaleMaster
MagnusPrime
Hardcore Christian
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
seth
Constantine
Airola
Pethead
TopJosh (Josh L.)
15 posters

Go down

What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS? Empty What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS?

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:09 pm

Hi guys, random question. I'm curious, what do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS? Please let me know and I would like to know what your favorite albums and/or songs by KISS are.

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS? Empty Re: What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS?

Post by Pethead Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:18 pm

I really like them musically, especially up through Love Gun and Ace’s first solo album. I also like Creatures of the Night and selected songs from the 80s.

I have a hard time listening to them often because of the OTT innuendoes in the lyrics. But I won’t judge anyone whose conscience doesn’t bother them here.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS? Empty Re: What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS?

Post by Airola Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:40 pm

Asylum is their best album and I'm Alive is possibly their best song.

And who doesn't love Black Diamond from their debut album?

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:46 pm

Pethead wrote:I have a hard time listening to them often because of the OTT innuendoes in the lyrics.

"Uh! All Night" as a song title has got to be the epitome of that  What do you guys think of the band, KISS? Any Christians here that like the band, KISS? 1f604

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:13 pm

As a guitar player, I like a few of their songs quite a bit.  
Most of the others I avoid, either because they turn me off lyrically, or because they do nothing for me musically.  

My favorite songs of theirs are:

Detroit, Rock City
Deuce
Cold Gin
Watchin' You 
Creatures Of The Night
Lick It Up

I saw them live once.   I also really like the 1st Frehley's Comet album and some of the Vinnie Vincent Invasion material.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:42 pm

Don’t like their music at all, but I always think of them when I see black metal musicians using “corpse paint” lol. No matter how reluctant black metal fans would probably be to admit it, they are the ones who started this ridiculous aesthetic
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:43 pm

Like the others, I like their music, but don’t listen to them much because of the lyrics. However, their song “Tears Are Falling” is spectacular.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Superjuice like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:05 pm

I like some songs and Creatures is my favorite album. They didn't invent reverb on drums but they perfected it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Hardcore Christian and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:10 am

I freaked out on them a couple years back, when I first heard them.

I own almost all of their records on vinyl now.

I really enjoy everything up to Revenge in one way or another.

I also have taken a major break from listening just because of lyrics as of late.

My favorite album is a close tie between Hotter Than Hell and Creatures of The Night.

I really have a soft spot for Dynasty, besides the big hit song lol, the rest of the album just has a certain vibe to it.

The first 5 albums are really great all the way through, the debut through Rock and Roll Over just jam!

Creatures through Asylum is also a really great era. Not big into Hot In The Shade, and I think Revenge was their last really great album.

My favorite songs are:

Firehouse
Deuce
Cold Gin
Parasite
Goin' Blind
Watching You
She
Black Diamond
War Machine
Creatures Of The Night
Rock and Roll Hell
The Oath
Unholy
Heaven's On Fire
All Hell's Breaking Lose
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Superjuice like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:27 am

I like them quite a bit, although I wouldn't say I'm a superfan by any stretch. 

Creatures Of The Night and Dynasty are my favorites.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:45 am

Not a fan.  The repetitive, infantile lyrics and off-stage sideshow antics (especially from Gene) turn me off.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:06 pm

I wouldn't call myself a superfan, but I have a number of their albums and enjoy most of their music.  I've seen them live more than once (and there's probably less than 10 bands I've seen live multiple times).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadinside Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:47 pm

Knights in Satan's service!

😅🤣😂

Just funning.

Deadinside
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Staybrite and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:35 am

I loved them in the 70's. My very first concert was KISS - Love Gun tour

Last edited by oldschooldoom on Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:43 am

I saw them back in 2014, I believe. They were touring with Def Leppard. While KISS was a lot of fun, Lep blew them off the stage.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

oldschooldoom and TopJosh (Josh L.) like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aporia Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:20 am

I.m not a Christian, but yes KISS are one of my all time favorites. Creatures of the Night and Animalize are my top favorite albums.

Aporia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:39 pm

Except for Songs From The Elder, I like all things KISS.  They are just simply feel good rock/metal.  I love the original lineup.  I loved the 80s and early 90s lineups.  I even love today's lineup!

I don't own any physical product of theirs, but I do have downloads of everything except for the live albums.  I even have the solo albums of the original band and those of Ace, Gene, and Paul since then.

One of the songs on my new Mission Of One song is heavily influenced by Gene's songs with KISS.  My song is called "Murder Begins In the Heart" and has that KISS groove and three part harmonies in the chorus.  I was fun to try to emulate that style.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

MagnusPrime and Aporia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down