The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Gift - Symphonic Thrash album

+2
Dustofyears
StevenCressler
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Free Gift - Symphonic Thrash album - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Gift - Symphonic Thrash album

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:07 pm

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I had no idea it was all done on keyboard. It’s not what I expected… but keep doing your thing! 

It sounds like a classic Nintendo video game meets aggressive dark-wave.
Lol. I am planning on getting a real guitar eventually, hopefully by the time I start my second album.

Aside from the keyboard part, what did you think of it? (As in the riffs/lyrics etc.) It's my favorite of the six I've made so far, though I could see the album closer beating it.

I’ll need to sit down when I’m at home and listen closer. I’m at work listening on my iPhone. 

From what I gather, you have some good ideas with the composition. I can’t comment on the vocals because they are done in a talking voice.
Thanks. Other songs on the album have more melodic singing, but yeah there's not much to comment on here. I'm close to being done, I've got about 2.5 songs left.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Free Gift - Symphonic Thrash album - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Gift - Symphonic Thrash album

Post by Pethead Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:08 pm

I’m 99% sure Dale Thompson will provide vocals for you.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:19 pm

My recommendation would be for you to not completely abandon the keyboards. I think it could be interesting to have you blend them with the guitar. The dark-wave element could be the charm to set your music apart from traditional metal. 

I’m very picky with vocals, so I don’t want to say much… but you should check out a band called Visionaire. It’s kinda similar to what you are going for. And it’s a one man project/band like you.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:22 pm

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:23 pm

TZ75 wrote:My recommendation would be for you to not completely abandon the keyboards. I think it could be interesting to have you blend them with the guitar. The dark-wave element could be the charm to set your music apart from traditional metal. 

I’m very picky with vocals, so I don’t want to say much… but you should check out a band called Visionaire. It’s kinda similar to what you are going for. And it’s a one man project/band like you.
I'm too poor to completely abandon them lol. But yeah, the main reason I want a real guitar is because there's a lot of stuff you can do on a real instrument that you can't do on a keyboard (sweep picking, palm muting, thick heavy strumming, etc.)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:25 pm

I actually really like the riff, I think if you could get some real guitars it has real potential to be great. Keyboards are fine, but imo they work best to add synth effects, rather than replacing other instruments. You also may want to consider vocal coaching, i’m not sure but you may be able to find some of that for free on youtube. I seem to remember seeing metal vocal coaching videos there at some point
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:37 pm

seth wrote:I actually really like the riff, I think if you could get some real guitars it has real potential to be great. Keyboards are fine, but imo they work best to add synth effects, rather than replacing other instruments. You also may want to consider vocal coaching, i’m not sure but you may be able to find some of that for free on youtube. I seem to remember seeing metal vocal coaching videos there at some point
Agree with everything you said here. Something you might have noticed is I found some filters for the guitars, which is why they sound louder and heavier than in Caged Bird, where the bass was arguably more audible than the guitars at times.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:11 am

Pethead wrote:I’m 99% sure Dale Thompson will provide vocals for you.
Though maybe he wouldn't want to provide the vocals for One True God...
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:36 am

This sounds like Dungeon Synth. There's a market and fans for that kind of music. You have some good ideas, riffs, and the violin melody part is good. You can make good music just from a keyboard alone. 

Recommend going mad on learning classical compositions if your serious about it (lot of work but will pay off, take it slow, learn more about playing keyboards too) and industrial music compositions and dark wave etc. Literally drown yourself in it and cram it in. If you want a vocalist I'd recommend finding one. Never stop creating and keep working on your craft your just at the start. Cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:41 am

Dustofyears wrote:This sounds like Dungeon Synth. There's a market and fans for that kind of music. You have some good ideas, riffs, and the violin melody part is good. You can make good music just from a keyboard alone. 

Recommend going mad on learning classical compositions if your serious about it (lot of work but will pay off, take it slow, learn more about playing keyboards too) and industrial music compositions and dark wave etc. Literally drown yourself in it and cram it in. If you want a vocalist I'd recommend finding one. Never stop creating and keep working on your craft your just at the start. Cheers.
Do you mean the slow part right before the first chorus?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:53 am

Think so yeah. It sounds like something Believer would do. It's a nice simple dark melody and a good contrast to what came before it. I see potential in it. There are Bathory Nordlands vibes in there too. I'd recommend giving those two albums a listen if you haven't. Bathroy: Nordlands 1 and 2. You got an exciting musical journey and exploration ahead of you and tons of stuff to learn.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:37 am

Dustofyears wrote:Think so yeah. It sounds like something Believer would do. It's a nice simple dark melody and a good contrast to what came before it. I see potential in it. There are Bathory Nordlands vibes in there too. I'd recommend giving those two albums a listen if you haven't. Bathroy: Nordlands 1 and 2. You got an exciting musical journey and exploration ahead of you and tons of stuff to learn.
Thanks! I'll say ahead of time that the second album will be better by far, as while I haven't recorded it yet, I have written all the songs, music included. For the first album this and the last one (Heaven) are my two favorites (haven't actually recorded Heaven yet, but what I've written sounds really good IMO.)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:55 am

Awesome. Look forward to hearing some.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:03 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Awesome. Look forward to hearing some.
Got about 2.5 songs left for this album.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:53 am

I did make a new topic already, but just to note the album is out
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2