The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges

+10
Fundy
Lex Metalis
Constantine
TZ75
MagnusPrime
nocturnaliridescence
jaydeecrawson
Temple of Blood
Pethead
My Awesome Timothy
14 posters

Go down

Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges Empty Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:00 pm

Have always supported and been loyal to the likes of Roxx Records, Boones and Girder.

But it’s just getting ridiculous now.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges Empty Re: Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges

Post by Pethead Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:03 pm

I buy almost everything digitally now. It saves money and space.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

My Awesome Timothy, mothy, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges Empty Re: Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:11 pm

Pethead wrote:I buy almost everything digitally now. It saves money and space.

Roxx Records Rip Off Postage Charges 1f635
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:49 pm

When postage is 1.5 times value of the item it’s time to stop
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Pethead, TZ75, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:55 pm

postage (and just about everything else!) is super expensive lately... maybe because of inflation?

I still buy physical products though especially if it's a band I really want to support

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

eatbugs, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:20 pm

I don't really shop at those stores or know the people who run them, so I can't comment. But jaydeecrawson is right, inflation is a very real possibility. If they print anything with Kunaki for example, each vinyl (lathe cut, really) costs like... $30-40 each to produce. That's just to break even. CD(-R)s are better, but you still have to pay to have them produced. $1.20 per disc and then shipping.

International shipping rates are insane. It costs me like $20 or so to ship one single disc overseas (just to break even).
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

My Awesome Timothy, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:16 pm

"Inflation!"

or 

SupPly CHaiN IssUEs!!

The new convenient (not for us) go-to excuse for insane prices/gouging.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:58 pm

Boones has been “price gouging” even before this Biden inflation thing… 

While Amazon and eBay generally stayed at about $3.99 domestically, Boones has been $6-7 for quite a while. So they get your attention with a “sale” price, and then tack on a ridiculous shipping rate that is almost 3/4 the price of the actual CD. 

A big “Boo” for Boones! ☹ 

Now Roxx (although owned and operated by a different guy) is following in Boones footsteps. 

Now I have to be picky and choose to only buy from them when there’s no other option.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

My Awesome Timothy, mothy, Constantine, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Postage rates really have increased tremendously over the past year.  
It's crazy expensive now.  To mail one CD by media mail now costs $3.92 domestically.    
That's basically $4, for ONE CD.  

I sell CD's every so often on Ebay, Amazon, and Discogs and it is getting difficult to break even anymore.

For buying, it helps to bundle multiple CD's and to have a seller that will give you a break that way.  
Often on Ebay if I am buying multiple items like CD's or jeans I will ask the seller for a combined shipping price so that the shipping cost isn't ridiculous.  Usually they are good about that.   When I'm a seller I will give breaks on combined shipping.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Staybrite, My Awesome Timothy, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:20 pm

The funny thing is that I saw right now a post from someone that works from Roxx saying:

"Why do some people prefer streaming music rather than actually buying the band's/artist's albums and supporting them? I get why people like to stream music, but that's not supporting the band's and artist's."
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

My Awesome Timothy, TZ75, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:56 pm

I'm old school so I'll ALWAYS buy physical (if it's available)... But, I'm getting more and more picky because of this very issue

I recently ordered a few CDs and a DVD and the CDs were $21 each. The DVD was close to $30

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

My Awesome Timothy, TZ75, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:42 am

Nordic Mission always seems to be the cheapest to the UK.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:01 am

A big factor I'm sure is that since 2020 in the U.S. we've had 23% inflation:  Independent, economic & financial data in real time on-chain (truflation.com)

I used to sell CDs overseas when ToB first came out, and it was a big share of our market but I can't bother with it anymore because the shipping is very, very expensive.

Bands keep getting kicked around almost everywhere we turn.  We have to adjust based on sound financial practices to stay afloat.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Staybrite, Pethead, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:37 am

Fundy wrote:Nordic Mission always seems to be the cheapest to the UK.
Doesn't Soundmass operate in the UK (and Australia)? I figured they would be the cheapest.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:52 pm

Diddo.

I worked in the furniture and appliance business as a warehouse worker for 5 years. The cost of moving merchandise is astronomical. The only way large companies like Amazon and Walmart can charge nothing for shipping is because of VASTLY ENORMOUS economies of scale. Smaller companies can't compete. Period. 

Unless I'm missing some information somewhere (and I could be, because I don't make it a regular practice to order CD's), Roxx is probably barely covering costs on the shipping. And they probably have regular management meetings about how they can keep them down.

The reason I don't buy CD's is because I'm not willing to pay the cost of shipping anymore now that I can purchase digital versions. It is not because I think the companies are gouging me.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:49 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Fundy wrote:Nordic Mission always seems to be the cheapest to the UK.
Doesn't Soundmass operate in the UK (and Australia)? I figured they would be the cheapest.

I order from Soundmass and Nordic Mission, even though goods are shipped from down under is at least half the price of some US stores.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:51 pm

I try to keep it simple on my shop and not charge shipping, just keep it in the price. That way people are shocked when they go to pay. You pretty much know what it will be. There are a few items that get produced outside of my shop and I can't control those shipping prices.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Staybrite, Kerrick, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:19 pm

I live in Peru, but most of the time, I send my merch to a relative in the United States and wait for someone to bring my merch. But one page that I always use and has reasonable shipping prices is Brent Miller. https://brentschristianrockmetal.com/ He has almost everything; if not, he will. He is one of the best sellers and an excellent person.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite, Joe C, CrimsonWarrior and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:23 pm

zelote wrote:I live in Peru, but most of the time, I send my merch to a relative in the United States and wait for someone to bring my merch. But one page that I always use and has reasonable shipping prices is Brent Miller. https://brentschristianrockmetal.com/ He has almost everything; if not, he will. He is one of the best sellers and an excellent person.

I've bought from Brent before too. It's been a while, but it was always a great experience.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down