The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick?

+12
Sevenoneself
Kerrick
Staybrite
TZ75
Opeth3232
Black Rider
Superjuice
scottmitchell74
seth
MagnusPrime
Pethead
Constantine
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick?

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:01 am

My top 10 secular would be

Saturnus
Yngwie Malmsteen 
Manowar
Wasp
Sepultura
Judas Priest
Helloween
Janice Joplin
Ken Hensley 
The Cure
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Constantine, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Could Take The Full Catalog Of Only 10 Artists/Bands To A Desert island, Which 10 Would You Pick?

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:52 am

Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Van Halen
Accept
Trouble
Metallica   
Prong
Pantera 
Flotsam & Jetsam

As a bonus, I’d smuggle these two greatest hits albums… LOL

Whitesnake 
Journey

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:08 am; edited 4 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Constantine, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:56 am

Pethead wrote:Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Testament
Overkill
Rush
Van Halen
Megadeth 
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Metal Church

Very nice list!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:49 pm

Hmmm, just 10

Asia
The Beatles
Alice in Chains
Judas Priest
Bloodgood
Doro (great if it included Warlock as well)
Great White
Heart
Queensryche
Fleetwood Mac

Dang, that was harder than I thought it would be.  Also quite a bit more "non-metal" on my list than I expected
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:Hmmm, just 10

Asia
The Beatles
Alice in Chains
Judas Priest
Bloodgood
Great White
Heart
Queensryche
Fleetwood Mac

Dang, that was harder than I thought it would be.  Also quite a bit more "non-metal" on my list than I expected

I forgot Alice In Chains! My boat's gonna sink from all the smuggling!!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:33 pm

I don't listen to nearly as much secular music as I used to, but these ones have stuck with me through the test of time haha.  Smile

Angra
Citron
Iron Maiden
Kauan
Morgion
Morphia
Motorband
Sexit
Shaman
Sonata Arctica

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:08 pm

I’ll translate Kerrick’s list:

Slayer 
Slayer 
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer 
Slayer
Slayer 
Slayer 
Slayer
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:14 pm

Can't believe I left off Queensryche. More smuggling.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:31 pm

Pethead wrote:I’ll translate Kerrick’s list:

Slayer 
Slayer 
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer
Slayer 
Slayer
Slayer 
Slayer 
Slayer
Slayer [added]

It's true.  Whenever I buy a new CD, I keep the case and toss the CD, replacing it with a Slayer CD instead.  Just this morning I was in the mood for Powerslave so I pulled it off my self, opened the case, and took out Reign In Blood to play.

Also, my Slayer list goes to 11.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:45 pm

"It's one louder than 10, innit?"
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:Hmmm, just 10

Asia
The Beatles
Alice in Chains
Judas Priest
Bloodgood
Great White
Heart
Queensryche
Fleetwood Mac

No kidding! I edited four times because it was hard to decide.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:39 pm

I would add Scorpions and Great White to my list. If you’re on a desert island (surrounded by ocean), gotta have some Great White!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:06 am

I'm like Kerrick, I haven't listened to very much secular music through the years (fundamentalist upbringing), so the list is hard in the sense that I have to find 10 bands that I really like.

Dream Theater
Megadeth
Neal Morse
Muse
Impellitteri
King's X
Metallica
Bruce Cockburn
Symphony X
U2
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:38 pm

I don’t like this way of doing it…

I’d prefer to cherry-pick my albums because I don’t actually like every album in a band or artist’s catalog. And I would have a much better variety of stuff too!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:28 pm

TZ75 wrote:I don’t like this way of doing it…

I’d prefer to cherry-pick my albums because I don’t actually like every album in a band or artist’s catalog. And I would have a much better variety of stuff too!
Agreed. I hate 1/2 the U2 albums and am "meh" about 1/2 of the catalog of some of my other choices like Dream Theater & Megadeth, but I have to choose them b/c their best albums are among my favourites.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:58 pm

Sure, well because of the rules of this particular exercise, I didn't pick Fleetwood Mac because some of their albums are downright awful.  Otherwise they would have been on there.  But that's okay, there's still plenty to listen to.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:09 am

Rush
Deep Purple
Van Halen 
Scorpions
Michael Schenker Group
Savatage
Triumph
Impellitteri 
Dokken
King’s X
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Pethead, Constantine and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lukhipolito Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:14 am

This one is much harder than the Christian-only!!

Okay let's try:
- Archspire
- Inferi
- Cytotoxin
- Vale of Pnath
- Allegaeon
- Moonsorrow
- Beyond Creation
- Persefone
- Megadeth (lets give some love to the classics)

oof!
That was indeed very difficult.
In the end there were many different bands that I really like but decided to go classic with Megadeth (also colossal discography helps)
lukhipolito
lukhipolito
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:25 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:

Agreed. I hate 1/2 the U2 albums and am "meh" about 1/2 of the catalog of some of my other choices like Dream Theater & Megadeth, but I have to choose them b/c their best albums are among my favourites.

I had to pick Metallica (including the crap years) because it’s the only way to get the first four albums. To me, 1983-1988 is the gold standard of metal. Metallica could do no wrong. I even like a portion of TBA.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:07 pm

OK I'm gonna cheat a bit. I'm also trying to keep it from being one dimensional, so these might not necessarily be my favourite secular metal artists.

Angra
Blind Guardian
Ensiferum
Freedom Call
Nahtram
Sonata Arctica
Luca Turilli (his entire discography, meaning solo and Rhapsodies)
Valhalore
Wintersun
Wuthering Heights
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:08 pm

Andreas89 wrote:OK I'm gonna cheat a bit. I'm also trying to keep it from being one dimensional, so these might not necessarily be my favourite secular metal artists.

Angra
Blind Guardian
Ensiferum
Freedom Call
Nahtram
Sonata Arctica
Luca Turilli (his entire discography, meaning solo and Rhapsodies)
Valhalore
Wintersun
Wuthering Heights

Incredible list.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:08 pm

Glad to see Valhalore make an appearance!
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2