The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty)

+2
CrimsonWarrior
seth
6 posters

Go down

Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty) Empty Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty)

Post by seth Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:39 pm

https://ordoaurum.weebly.com/
Does anybody know what this is? Is it a joke or something? It appears to be a supposed secret society that some prominent Christian black metal musicians are a part of, that claims lineage going back to Nebuchadnezzar. There seems to be very little info on it online except the site linked above, and a book someone wrote about it. A lot of things about the site seem to indicate it’s a LARP (why would a legitimate secret society have a Weebly page inviting people to join, and their supposed historical lineage is pretty obviously fictional, they even include Van Helsing from Dracula as one of their supposed past grandmasters).
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty) Empty Re: Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty)

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:01 am

I discovered this thing at some point too. Seems pretty stupid imo. Iirc, Pantokrator has something to do with it.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty) Empty Re: Ordo Aurum (Golden Order of the Almighty)

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 am

From their statement of faith:

"We believe in one true God, who has revealed himself in the manner of the Father in heaven, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit."

I hope they aren't modalists!
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:18 am

It could be a matter of sloppy language but it does sound modalistic.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:10 pm

There was a thread about this a while back I thought, but I can't find it.  (CW, maybe it was on The Blackest Light forum?)

IIRC the gist of it was that yes it's definitely totally made-up and was a mode of getting people to open their Bibles and selling merchandise haha.  (Clues are given on the website where you search in Scripture for the answers and then "unlock" links to buy t-shirts.)

"That's mooooooodalism, Pah-trick!"   Razz  Yeah it's the Pantokrator and Crimson Moonlight guys behind this I believe.  They're all Eastern (?) Orthodox which I know has some not-insignificant differences in how they view the Trinity than the bulk of Protestants, though I'm not sure the specifics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:20 pm

If they’re Eastern Orthodox they wouldn’t be modalists.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:03 pm

Yeah, the difference is that EOs deny that the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son, and insist that he proceeds from the Father only.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:17 pm

^That's what I was referring to and is also the extent of my understanding of their beliefs on the Trinity haha.  I'm curious what the effects are of that understanding.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:43 pm

Bands involved in it are mentioned on the site https://ordoaurum.weebly.com/musical-brethren.html

Thanks Kerrick for looking into the ranks and such. I could never bother, lol.

The only thing that confuses me is that Darkrise and Metatron's Cu3e are listed. I've heard of both of these bands, but never found any indication they were Christian. Would someone else have input for some reason...? (Metatron is only mentioned in apocryphal texts. I know there are Christians who give heed to these texts, but.........)
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:54 pm

Hey dude!  Nice to see ya here.  Smile

I'm not familiar with either of those bands so I dunno.  Wovenhand is on there too but the went woke and I'm not sure where they're at anymore either.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:56 pm

“Metatron” sounds like some sort of robot sci-fi villain’s name lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:23 pm

seth wrote:“Metatron” sounds like some sort of robot sci-fi villain’s name lol
[Are you thinking of this?]
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:26 am

Kerrick wrote:"That's mooooooodalism, Pah-trick!"   Razz  Yeah it's the Pantokrator and Crimson Moonlight guys behind this I believe.  They're all Eastern (?) Orthodox which I know has some not-insignificant differences in how they view the Trinity than the bulk of Protestants, though I'm not sure the specifics.

I'm an Orthodox Christian and I'm not aware of any of those guys being Orthodox except that the vocalist of Crimson Moonlight claims to be. He's actually a Protestant belonging to the so-called "Evangelical Orthodox Church." This is a group that started in the United States out of the Campus Crusade for Christ. Members of the group began studying Church history and determined that the Eastern Orthodox Church was the unchanged Early Church. Most of them became Orthodox, but a small group did not (my understanding is that some wanted to keep their own "bishops" or unorthodox elements). Those who did not become Orthodox by entering into communion with the Orthodox Church call themselves the "Evangelical Orthodox Church." Pilgrim belongs to this group.

Here's a little info about Peter Gilquist, one of the leaders of the EOC movement who actually became an Orthodox priest and wrote a book called "Becoming Orthodox: A Journey to the Ancient Christian Faith" which is pretty insightful

:
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:20 pm

Thanks for the info!  I'm not sure why I thought the whole band were Orthodox, but I appreciate the correction.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down