The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonata Arctica

+3
Sevenoneself
Andreas89
Kerrick
7 posters

Go down

Sonata Arctica Empty Sonata Arctica

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:18 pm

New single from Sonata Arctica and it sounds mighty good!  It'd appear that they're *actually* going back to their roots with this one.

From their facebook:

Sonata Arctica wrote:SONATA ARCTICA RETURN WITH RAPID NEW SINGLE `FIRST IN LINE´
After two acoustic albums, Sonata Arctica have worked on a new album going back to electric soundscapes, and today, right in time for their European Tour with Stratovarius and Induction, they are pleased to unveil a first taste of what's to come in spring 2024 via Atomic Fire: Nothing but a return to their golden power metal roots is what awaits fans on the group's forthcoming opus.
More details will be announced soon, but for now check out their new track 'First In Line': https://sonataarctica.afr.link/firstinlineFB
Front-man Tony Kakko explains: "This is the first power metal song I wrote for the forthcoming album which is laden with them. The song handles the worry about raising a new generation of people with or rather letting an electronic screen - namely tv, pad or some such - do a big part of raising this generation of human beings. We think that we buy ourselves time with these gadgets, but are these devices the right "nanny" for our kids or should we maybe slow down a bit, read books, teach that happiness can be and often is something we reach by stopping and letting go of constant stimulation of all our audiovisual senses? In ways, we are flying blindly with these things. Things are advancing too fast in many ways..."

I appreciate the lyrical themes of the song too.  This is something my wife and I have been trying to do with our children though it seems we're definite minorities here.  We don't even have a TV in our house, let alone any tablets, and try to only be on our phones away from the kids so they're not stuck to our screens.  But boy would it be a heck of a lot easier if we did!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Andreas89, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica Empty Re: Sonata Arctica

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:27 pm

Can't wait to give this one a listen, it's pretty late now and I don't have headphones on me at the moment.

Maybe when I walk the dog I'll take the iPhone from my job with me Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:31 pm

Oh yeah, so much good music to sample today. Why does it all have to come out the day that Mosaic does?!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:11 pm

Finally some energetic music from these guys again. Was that so hard, Tony?!
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:33 pm

This was awesome! Really enjoyed it.

Power Metal is my favourite metal genre. You'd have to screw it up pretty bad for me not to enjoy it.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:19 pm

Old school SA!!

I like it. I hope the rest of it is like this.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:17 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:This was awesome! Really enjoyed it.

Power Metal is my favourite metal genre. You'd have to screw it up pretty bad for me not to enjoy it.
Check out Judicator for non fluffy power metal. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:34 pm

Black Rider wrote:

I'm listening to my first ever Judicator song right now. I was cynical until the guy started singing. Then I understood your emoji!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:15 pm

I shouldn't like them as much as I do, incredible talent and I appreciate the historical lyrics. 
Listen to Gloria.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:17 pm

Judicator is good. Not as good as Delain, Rexoria, Frozen Crown, Beyond the Black, Dark Sarah, or LOVEBITES, of course, but good.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:06 pm

It absolutely BLOWS MY MIND how many bands and albums you guys know. Absolutely blows my mind. I feel like saying that every day. Wow. I respect and admire!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:17 am

Black Rider wrote:

Co-sign.

Judicator is very interesting straightforward Power Metal.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:26 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

I'm listening to my first ever Judicator song right now. I was cynical until the guy started singing. Then I understood your emoji!!
Don't listen to him, there's way better bands within that particular niche of power metal
Andreas89
Andreas89

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:00 pm

😆
I bow to your expertise on fluffy metal.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, Andreas89, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:12 pm

Black Rider wrote:😆
I bow to your expertise on fluffy metal.
lol!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:38 pm

Kerrick wrote:New single from Sonata Arctica and it sounds mighty good!  It'd appear that they're *actually* going back to their roots with this one.

From their facebook:

Sonata Arctica wrote:SONATA ARCTICA RETURN WITH RAPID NEW SINGLE `FIRST IN LINE´
After two acoustic albums, Sonata Arctica have worked on a new album going back to electric soundscapes, and today, right in time for their European Tour with Stratovarius and Induction, they are pleased to unveil a first taste of what's to come in spring 2024 via Atomic Fire: Nothing but a return to their golden power metal roots is what awaits fans on the group's forthcoming opus.
More details will be announced soon, but for now check out their new track 'First In Line': https://sonataarctica.afr.link/firstinlineFB
Front-man Tony Kakko explains: "This is the first power metal song I wrote for the forthcoming album which is laden with them. The song handles the worry about raising a new generation of people with or rather letting an electronic screen - namely tv, pad or some such - do a big part of raising this generation of human beings. We think that we buy ourselves time with these gadgets, but are these devices the right "nanny" for our kids or should we maybe slow down a bit, read books, teach that happiness can be and often is something we reach by stopping and letting go of constant stimulation of all our audiovisual senses? In ways, we are flying blindly with these things. Things are advancing too fast in many ways..."

I appreciate the lyrical themes of the song too.  This is something my wife and I have been trying to do with our children though it seems we're definite minorities here.  We don't even have a TV in our house, let alone any tablets, and try to only be on our phones away from the kids so they're not stuck to our screens.  But boy would it be a heck of a lot easier if we did!
I wish more people talked about this. I grew up without a tv, and didn’t get a smartphone until I was 17 (now 23). I am now very grateful to my parents for this, but even after starting so late I have struggled a lot, and still do to some degree, with digital media addiction. I can only imagine what it does to small kids. And most don’t seem to care how much of a grip these devices take on their minds
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Andreas89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:18 pm

Next single has been posted!

Sonata Arctica wrote:Sonata Arctica present 'Dark Empath' track from upcoming album »Clear Cold Beyond«; direct sequel of fan favorite 'Don't Say A Word' now available for streaming
The release of Finnish melodic metal frontrunners SONATA ARCTICA's new offering »Clear Cold Beyond« is only 6 weeks away (March 8, 2024 through Atomic Fire), and today the band have revealed a very special track off the album titled 'Dark Empath.' Long-time followers of their work may notice that this piece is the direct sequel of 2004's 'Don't Say A Word,' which has become a staple in the group's live set over the years. The track is at once nostalgic and allows new listeners to dive deeper into SONATA ARCTICA's colourful back catalogue. Check out 'Dark Empath' here: https://sonataarctica.afr.link/darkempathFB
Singer Tony Kakko comments: "This track is part of a saga that started on our second album »Silence« in 2001 -- some even think it started on our debut album with the song 'The End Of This Chapter' -- and has many sequels and prequels already. Its stalker theme offers a frame to write songs in a certain style I like very much. People do not seem to mind this, fortunately, haha! It's not a chronological story, but rather a theme with reoccurring, familiar characters that end up living through variations of the theme over and over again."
Pre-order the album in the physical format of your choice, pre-save it on your favourite DSP or pre-order it digitally to receive 'Dark Empath,' 'A Monster Only You Can't See' and 'First In Line' instantly now, here: https://sonataarctica.afr.link/clearcoldbeyondFB

Tyrant
Tyrant

KaramKaram likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down