The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!)

5 posters

Go down

Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!) Empty Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!)

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 am

Sonata Arctica's 10th studio album is available for pre-order!

https://shop.sonataarctica.info/

Sonata Arctica wrote:Release date: 6.9.2019
Pre-order exclusive bundle with signed postcard from the Official Sonata Arctica Webshop!

On September 6th, Finnish melodic metal titans SONATA ARCTICA will release their tenth studio album, called »Talviyö« (which means »Winter Night«), including eleven new tracks.

“We were talking about having an album cover made from a photo and luckily managed to find this award winning photographer Onni Wiljami who actually hails from a village not too far from our hometown and his pictures were just perfect for this album”, explains keyboardist Henrik “Henkka” Klingenberg.“The idea was to create an album that is musically in line with at least the previous two albums”, says vocalist Tony Kakko and adds: “I am very happy with the songs and the general mood of the album. Some career highlights there, I feel.”“We recorded a bunch of kick a** songs and tried some new stuff as well. I’m really proud of how we managed to record the band sounding more live, playing together instead of just tracking everything one by one”, states Henrik “Henkka” Klingenberg.

SONATA ARCTICA released their first single called ‘A Little Less Understanding’, along with a lyric video.
Watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiM94N3FnQA

Tracklist
01. Message From The Sun
02. Whirlwind
03. Cold
04. Storm The Armada
05. The Last Of The Lambs
06. Who Failed The Most
07. Ismo's Got Good Reactors
08. Demon's Cage
09. A Little Less Understanding
10. The Raven Still Flies With You
11. The Garden

Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!) Sonata-arctica-talviyo-album-cd-cover_grande_05c5f607-3e6d-48e7-9b1b-ca1c99811a37_900x

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!) Empty Re: Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!)

Post by Staybrite Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Great looking album cover.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!) Empty Re: Sonata Arctica - TALVIYÖ (new album!)

Post by Black Rider Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:57 am

Not the biggest SA fan but did enjoy Winterheart's Guild and Reckoning night. I've listened to a few songs since them but they didn't grab me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:48 pm

^Their first three albums (Ecliptica, Silence, and Winterheart's Guild) are pretty magical IMO. Their mid-career stuff is more hit-or-miss for me, though their last couple of albums are very strong. I definitely recommend checking those out. I've got high hopes for this one!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:23 am

Since Reckoning Night, only Pariah's Child really grabbed me. I still check stuff from their new releases though, and this kind of album cover makes me want to like the music behind it.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:28 am

I'm looking forward to this. I like all of their albums, but my favorite is "Stones Grow Her Name".
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:47 am

^Wait, wut? The Power Metal Code dictates that I should make fun of you now, but I'll stall that one to satisfy my curiosity.

I mean really, their first albums are well-deserved classics in my opinion. I could appreciate everything they did since Unia, yet I could never really get into it. Maybe some new insight can help me with that Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:47 am

Andreas89 wrote:^Wait, wut? The Power Metal Code dictates that I should make fun of you now, but I'll stall that one to satisfy my curiosity.

I mean really, their first albums are well-deserved classics in my opinion. I could appreciate everything they did since Unia, yet I could never really get into it. Maybe some new insight can help me with that Razz

They are classics, that's for sure, and some of my all time favourite songs are from those albums (f.e. "Fullmoon" from Ecliptica and "My Selene" from Reckoning Night). But what got me to pick Stones as their best album is the fact that they kinda tried something very new with it. Just listen to the song "Cinderblox", which has some bluegrass-vibes in it Smile . Maybe it will change when the time goes by, but at the moment this is the album from them that I listen the most.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:03 am

Heh Cinderblox... it's been a while. I can remember not really caring for it, but I dare to say that my musical taste has been refined since then. I'll take another listen I guess Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:36 am

Cinderblox is a fun one but overall Stones Grow Her Name is easily my LEAST favorite of theirs!  I've said it before, but when fans can't agree on the "best" (or favorite) album of a given band, it means they're doing something right in my opinion.   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:17 pm

I thought everyone knew it's Winterheart Guild?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Ha, I've actually seen more people claim Ecliptica as their favorite than any other album.  Though if I had to pick, I'd probably go with Silence (with Winterheart's Guild very close behind).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:38 pm

I think people pick it because it's the first and was fairly unique. Can't knock 'em.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:09 am

Kerrick wrote: I've said it before, but when fans can't agree on the "best" (or favorite) album of a given band, it means they're doing something right in my opinion.   Cool

You are absolutely right, man. This is a thing that goes on and on and on, and to me it makes conversations interesting.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 pm

New single!  The video is quite boring, but the song ain't half-bad IMO!  It's pretty simple/poppy, but I think I like it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Not bad but not making me want to buy the album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 am

Black Rider wrote:I think people pick it because it's the first and was fairly unique. Can't knock 'em.
Good, since Ecliptica is my favorite album as well. It was the first SA album I bought, somewhere in my early power metal ages when I didn't like things too fast and was actually looking for Unia. But I thought that buying the debut album would be a fair move. Turned out to be more than fair, I love that speedy flowery stuff nowadays.
It's not just the speed of course, but it was mixed with a touch of weirdness that made (and still makes) SA unique.

It's just that nowadays with Sonata, it's just the weirdness without the enthusiasm and speed of Finnish power metal. But well, as long as there's people liking it, more power to them of course.
As for me, I think I'll pass again.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 am

Completely agree with you on the weirdness without enthusiasm.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down