The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album

+5
Pethead
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
Black Rider
Lex Metalis
9 posters

Go down

“Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album Empty “Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:04 am

Single art: 

“Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album 385917990_18374533966067081_7099026499137917616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_eui2=AeEbGqZAGOdQ1wwJ37ZXPJJdy6I8N8-LB-HLojw3z4sH4c8pc1ACeJW4OTx6YT9pQU7ntCt0n9gxYDlXnQg1KmNp&_nc_ohc=rcI9m7EccaMAX940EIf&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1

Album cover art (release date: late november):

“Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album 386549506_18374533957067081_8039117185310810035_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_eui2=AeGr7hBAuA5Xa3oR8oqV5btwYgWm8tshbQliBaby2yFtCeSMTnFFuhalXoUzOsNZ6mq0bgEJd5WREH4uhvRNYnsU&_nc_ohc=78yg7ZkPn5AAX9A3A3K&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

“Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album Empty Re: “Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album

Post by Black Rider Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:15 am

I'll check it out, one of the few Black Metal bands I like.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

“Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album Empty Re: “Left Handed Wizard (My Eyes Look West)", new single from A Hill To Die Upon coming this Oct. 6th + cover and title from the new album

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:25 pm

The first image looks like they're some proto-doom band haha.  Interesting song title.  I'm curious to see the lyrics.  The "left hand path" and whatnot is satanic, so I wonder if they're addressing that?

Also, why is the wizard holding up his right hand?   Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, deathisgain and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:28 pm

I just got to meet the Cook brothers at Furnace Fest!
They were there to see Becoming The Archetype and Living Sacrifice

It was great getting to talk with Michael for a bit!

So stoked for this! One of the few "black" metal bands I jam fairly often.
I heard there is going to be vinyl.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:44 pm

I’ll check it out. They have enough death metal in their sound to be interesting.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:16 pm

Kerrick wrote:Also, why is the wizard holding up his right hand?   Razz

Ha! That's what I was wondering.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:33 pm

I'm excited to hear this. Hoping it is a lot better than the last album. 

The cover art for the new album I don't care for at all. Not trying to be mean but if I didn't know the band I would never want to purchase an album that looked like that. Evil Christmas?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Ammocas, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:43 am

I’ve been wondering if this band was still together. I’m glad to find out that they are! 

This is literally the only “black metal” style band I enjoy. And as another person pointed out, they have enough death metal mixed in to make it listenable. 

The first three albums are great!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:15 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:22 am

It is Wayfaring Stranger (traditional folk song) with alternate words. Not original at all. Maybe this is an intro to a concept album since it is called black nativity and this is the 3 wise men concept?
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:54 am

Frozen Fire wrote:It is Wayfaring Stranger (traditional folk song) with alternate words. Not original at all. Maybe this is an intro to a concept album since it is called black nativity and this is the 3 wise men concept?

On their Omens album, they had covered another traditional folk tune called “Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Frozen Fire like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:24 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:It is Wayfaring Stranger (traditional folk song) with alternate words. Not original at all. Maybe this is an intro to a concept album since it is called black nativity and this is the 3 wise men concept?

On their Omens album, they had covered another traditional folk tune called “Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down”.
Cool thing about that is it was metalized. I actually own their shirt for that song and wear it all the time.

These guys said they wanted to push the boundaries. Michael has the southern rock project The Comancheros. This isn't way off from what their personal tastes are but it is way off from what I was hoping and expecting. I'll wait for the next track I guess. I won't preorder now until I hear something I like.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

xMetalMarkx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:13 pm

This was a weird choice for the first single to release. It seems more like an intro or interlude than a proper track. Odd to choose a non-Metal song to introduce the comeback of their Extreme Metal project.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider and xMetalMarkx like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:19 pm

Interesting to learn!
I really dig the song, it has a ominous, eerie vibe to it, so hoping it leads into some heaviness.

I'm stoked just to hear some new tunes from these guys, definitely an interesting choice for the first single but I dig it
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Lyric video...

But the most important is the description of the video:

"Progressive Black/Death Metal - taken from The Black Nativity album released 24 November '23 through Rottweiler Records. The album features guest appearances from Karl Sanders (Nile), Ole Borud (Extol), Bruce Fitzhugh (Living Sacrifice) and the renowned Sakis Tolis!"
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 pm

I suppose it could seem weird to have Karl and Sakis Toni's (from Rotting Christ) but the band have never been shy about their secular tastes in listening habits or their more loose living. I listen to this band despite these realities. A classic case of knowing more and yet listening anyway. I know others are more uncomfortable with that. It bothers me but doesn't break me on listening.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:42 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I suppose it could seem weird to have Karl and Sakis Toni's (from Rotting Christ) but the band have never been shy about their secular tastes in listening habits or their more loose living. I listen to this band despite these realities. A classic case of knowing more and yet listening anyway. I know others are more uncomfortable with that. It bothers me but doesn't break me on listening.

They have Ole Borud... who cares about Karl and Sakis? Only kidding..

But I'm more curious to listen Bruce from LS with them
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:18 am

Also noticed after watching their old music video again, that the new song is also a reference back to Adept In Divinity off of Omens:

"The adept in divinity
Sought by Raphael
In conquest of the wеstern sea

Angdae dürеlen
Agarwaen Er
I am the left handed
Wizard of the War God"

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down