The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leather Wolf's Spirits in the Wind

Go down

Leather Wolf's Spirits in the Wind Empty Leather Wolf's Spirits in the Wind

Post by SwordOfAcroyear Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:13 pm

Leather Wolf is a great band, some excellent songs, great guitar harmonies...and Spirits in the Wind is arguably, to me, their best or 2nd best song next to Thunder. But the lyrics, they just sound too much to me like a prayer to well, to "spirits in the wind." And I guess as someone who often throws myself into the songs I listen to, especially beautiful, haunting songs like this one, I don't really feel spiritually safe listening to it. Which might seem extreme and nutty to some, but its just a feeling I get whenever I listen to it. Generally, I feel like, as a Christian, I have enough discernment to take what's good in a song and appreciate that or see it through a Christian lens where I can see, to some extent, what the song might truly be aspiring towards (as we all aspire, I think on some level, to God), but this one throws me for a loop, something about its lyrics.
I guess I just wanted to talk to some people about it, get it off my chest a bit. I want to take the song as just someone thinking not of spirits, but of perhaps memories of past friends, special feelings he gets on the road, that sort of thing, but it seems too close to coming to a literal call to wayward spirits, when it says, "give me more than I'll ever need, show me more than I'll ever see, let me go and set me free, spirits in the wind."
I really wish there was a Christian cover of this with lyrics about the Holy Spirit, which I sometimes attempted to imagine it was about (I'm sure whosoever calls on spirits truly seeks after the Holy Spirit, whether they truly known it or not, because after all, whatever sustenance they are seeking in them is really only to be found in Him, like a man who seeks a thousand lovers, trying to fill a void that only the love of a wife could fill).

SwordOfAcroyear
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down