The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons?

+10
TZ75
Raegoul
eatbugs
Black Rider
Airola
Ammocas
MagnusPrime
CrimsonWarrior
Sevenoneself
Pethead
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fav on TQT: Vanishing Lessons

Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_lcap21%Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_lcap21%Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? Empty Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons?

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:32 am

You know the drill.

Leaving off the instrumental.

For me, it’s easily between Bearing Gruesome Cargo, Acidhead, and the title track. Going with the title track.

Also, Twilight is a good song. Don’t @ me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

CrimsonWarrior, Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? Empty Re: Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons?

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:42 am

Pecking Order. 

This is probably my second favourite TQT album, after POD. So I could choose 5 or 6 as my favourite. Acidhead is just about as catchy as it gets, but some of the others age a bit better.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons? Empty Re: Favorite Song on Vanishing Lessons?

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:44 am

Acidhead is the winner for me. Pecking Order is a close second.

I would say this is my third favourite Tqt album, after POD and PS. Sorry StB lovers...it gets fourth place for me.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:44 am

It used to be at the top of my list, but the second half is just substantially weaker.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:46 am

I think the second half has grown on me somewhat. But I agree. I think My Promise is the weakest non-harspichord track on the album. Your Take and Sola Christus (as much as it bothers me that they used the word Sola instead of Solus) aren't bad though imo.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:47 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:Acidhead is the winner for me. Pecking Order is a close second.

I would say this is my third favourite Tqt album, after POD and PS. Sorry StB lovers...it gets fourth place for me.
I instinctually used the British spelling of "favourite" here 

What is happening to me
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:50 am

Kerrick has infected you with them there foreign words.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:51 am

In all honesty, on nearly every album I love I'd prefer to drop off 1 or 2 songs; this one is no different. I like the threads on the CMR that discuss which albums are actually great from start to finish, b/c they are rare.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:53 am

I’d put the first 3 TQT as strong throughout.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:Acidhead is the winner for me. Pecking Order is a close second.

I instinctually used the British spelling of "favourite" here 

What is happening to me
Let's gang up on Pethead. Up here in colourful Canada we have been counselled to use the English's favourite flavour of spelling as well.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:56 am

Oh, go eat beans on toast, both of ya.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:56 am

Pethead wrote:I’d put the first 3 TQT as strong throughout.

Absolutely. I'd definitely label the 1st 2 as stronger than Vanishing Lessons, but--at this point in time--I enjoy VL more.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:59 am

Makes sense. I have several bands where my favorite album isn’t actually their strongest.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:25 am

Sola Christus.

Pecking Order is a close second. In the order.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas, TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:29 pm

Acidhead.
Always Acidhead…Catchy lyrics…can’t get them outta my head.
The whole album is great…except for 1 or 2 songs being just good.
I love the new singer(Luke) and I liked the fresh new vibe or direction the band was going.
Still love the first 3 albums though…this album would be fourth but I play it as much or more than the first 3.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:02 pm

The four songs I've always loved the most in this album are Pecking Order, Vanishing Lessons, Pushin' Broom and Sola Christus.

Currently my pick for the best song would be either Pushin' Broom or Sola Christus.

Listening to them now... I think I'll go with Pushin' Broom.

This is the Tourniquet album where Luke's vocals actually elevate the whole thing to another level. Fits absolutely perfectly to the songs and adds a lot to the mood of them. The vocals are weirdly mixed to sound like the vocals are somehow a bit distant but the voice still breaks through very clearly. There's a weird magic to it.

While I love all Tourniquet albums, Tourniquet has four albums that I consider as pure classics in the whole heavy metal history and Vanishing Lessons is one of them. Microscopic is basically the fifth classic, but I see it as a "modern classic" and don't really see it in the same classic group with the four others. But this one belongs to all time classic metal albums.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Superjuice, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, Ammocas, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:32 pm

Voted Pecking Order but Sola, Acidhead and Your Take are all strong.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Ammocas, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with Airola that Luke's vocals fit this album perfectly.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:11 am

Vanishing Lessons.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:41 am

Can‘t decide, it‘s not bad but there‘s no stand out track to me.

Funny that Guy left the band supposedly because he didn‘t want do do thrash metal anymore (wasn‘t that one of the reasons?) and went on to form Echo Hollow, whereupon TQT changes its style completely for VL and CtC which sound pretty similar to what Guy was doing with Echo. Follow my line of thought? Or am I completely wrong?
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:09 am

Raegoul wrote:Can‘t decide, it‘s not bad but there‘s no stand out track to me.

Funny that Guy left the band supposedly because he didn‘t want do do thrash metal anymore (wasn‘t that one of the reasons?) and went on to form Echo Hollow, whereupon TQT changes its style completely for VL and CtC which sound pretty similar to what Guy was doing with Echo. Follow my line of thought? Or am I completely wrong?

Echo Hollow was formed after Gary left (which was after The Collected Works). It's true that Guy said he had told he'd like to do less aggressive music. He wanted to be "ahead of the curve and not behind", referring to where heavy music trends were going at the time. Ted replied that if anything it's going to get heavier. That was one of the reasons Guy left.

It's ironic that the next album ended up being more groove metal than thrash. Basically the only thrashy moments happen in doomy Sola Christus, a song that Victor Macias wrote. And the album had their first ballad too. The EP that followed was made because the ballad, Twilight, was so popular, so the EP ended up being the softest stuff they ever did.

Before Gary left and Echo Hollow happened, Tourniquet did release two of their heaviest songs so far; Perfect Night for a Hanging and The Hand Trembler, but as we now know, they followed that with their most "hard rock" full length album Crawl to China.

Echo Hollow's first album was released after Crawl to China and you could say Diet of Worms is heavier. So yes, ironically apart from the two new songs in The Collected Works Guy ended up doing an album that was heavier than what Tourniquet did at the time contrary to what he had argued with Ted a few years earlier.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

CrimsonWarrior, Ammocas, MagnusPrime, Raegoul, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:21 am

Pecking Order (followed closely by Acidhead).

Sola is a strong third place.

Last edited by TZ75 on Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Ammocas, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:31 am

Raegoul wrote:Can‘t decide, it‘s not bad but there‘s no stand out track to me.

Maybe Guy and Ted had more in common than they thought. The majority of Echo Hollow’s music and the mellower stuff from Tourniquet are practically in the same vein. I can totally hear Guy’s voice on a song like Twilight or any of the songs from the Carry the Wounded EP.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, Raegoul, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:44 pm

None. I honestly don't care for this album. I barely remember the songs on it.

If I had to choose one song to listen to again, it should be pecking order. The only one in this album I care about.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:23 pm

Second Wind wrote:None. I honestly don't care for this album. I barely remember the songs on it.

If I had to choose one song to listen to again, it should be pecking order. The only one in this album I care about.
Heretic 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice, eatbugs, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next