The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Signum Regis album (and single)

+10
Son of Nun
seth
Frozen Fire
Pethead
Sevenoneself
KaramKaram
Black Rider
Andreas89
mothy
Kerrick
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Signum Regis album (and single) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Signum Regis album (and single)

Post by seth Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:32 am

I am looking forward to it. Y’all are right, it’s not really fair to compare them to Theocracy because they are unique in their own way
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

New Signum Regis album (and single) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Signum Regis album (and single)

Post by Friday13th Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:27 pm

I like Signum Regis’ new singer. I find I really have to like the singer of a power metal band, in comparison to other metal styles.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:47 pm

Agreed. The vocals make or break Euro power metal for me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Friday13th likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:15 pm

New Signum Regis album (and single) - Page 2 Img_4613

Received today….Good start to the week!!!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:39 pm

Nice!  Where did you order from?  Hopefully that means mine will arrive soon too!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:43 pm

Ulterium Records…I’m in New York so give it a couple days to reach you…you are in the midwest right?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:45 pm

Cool, I ordered from them too.  I'm in Idaho so it'll probably be another couple days or so for me then.  I'll be watching for that mail truck carefully haha!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:50 pm

I'm in Ohio and mine arrived today. I'll be listening through it as I drive tonight.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:53 am

Maybe today shall be the day for me then!  (Since Idaho and Ohio are apparently the same place; I don't know how many people seem to think I live in Ohio hahaha.)

EDIT: Nope, not today.  Drat!

Last edited by Kerrick on Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : disappointment)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Frozen Fire and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:58 am

Giving this album a lot more time today and it is paying off! It's more cohesive, generally more straight forward and aggressive than Seal of a New World. At first that made Undivided seem to blend together and become a blur. As I listen more the songs, the riffs, the choruses are becoming more distinct. Jota's vocals are a big bonus in drawing each track because he's so dynamic. He's good at adding in emotion and "character" to the songs with specific emphasis on grit when the lyrics and riffs call for it and then soaring over epic portions. His interjections aren't forced but passionate. Lyrically this is the most faith-oriented the band has ever been, nice to see and hear on top of the music. Musically this band is on fire! I'm a sucker for a dynamic bass player like Ronnie writing the music and playing well underneath. The talent in a general sense always amazes me but they do such a good job keeping the songs first. 

I actually really like Seal of a New World (it took a long time to grow on me) but this is definitely better. I loved Decinnium Primum and Chapter IV: The Reckoning and this is back at that quality level. Is it a true masterpiece? Not at this point. There are no bad songs. It's as solid as can be but does it have the truly standout tracks? That's hard to say. A couple have risen to the top early, thankfully beyond the singles. Definitely pleased thus far.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th, Pethead, mothy and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:05 pm

This thing smokes.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:10 pm

I'm liking this more than their past stuff which I found pretty generic.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:11 am

Sounds like upbeat power metal. The vocals are a bit vanilla to me… but not bad.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:32 pm

I'm diggin it more than past album's too! The vocals are dynamic and good driving riffage!
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Black Rider and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:55 am

This album just keeps getting better! No, Signum Regis doesn't have the big, really sugary choruses of a lot of their power metal contemporaries but the subtle melodies seep in just the same. I've been listening to this non-stop now and just keep coming back. There are a lot of Maidenisms tucked away here (Shield my Soul would be a Maiden classic) and some amazing Deris era Helloween nods. I think the melodic leads over so much furious riffing lends to that second comparison. Jota's clean vocals even sound like Andi's melodic vocals at times. This definitely headed for a top 5 finish at the end of the year.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2