The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have Petra, CPR (that is basicaly Petra, but without Bob Hartman) and now...

Go down

We have Petra, CPR (that is basicaly Petra, but without Bob Hartman) and now... Empty We have Petra, CPR (that is basicaly Petra, but without Bob Hartman) and now...

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:31 pm

(post by Greg Hough)

The Hough & DeGroff Reunion Band

August 12 Saturday night 7:00 at The Ridge 6424 St Joe Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46835

Last year John DeGroff and I along with Bill Glover joined Bob Hartman to play at Buck Lake Ranch in Angola Indiana for the 50th year reunion of Petra.

After it was over Jack DesJardens a long time fan of Petra and guitarist from Fort Wayne asked me if I would consider getting together with him and playing some of the original Petra music off the first two albums.

Over several weeks and much prayer I said ok. I spoke to John DeGroff about playing with Jack and me. He said yes. It didn’t seem right to do it without him. We added Pastor John Moser on keyboards and Curtis George on drums.

I wanted a simple name for the band so those who remember us from the days of early Petra will know who we are. We call our band The Hough And DeGroff Reunion Band. We are not Petra and aren’t trying to be. We play these songs as a tribute to the beginnings of Petra during the great revival of the early 70’s.

The goal of our band is to play good quality contemporary Christian music to draw people to Christ, for Christians to recommit and also to enjoy the music of early Petra. As well we will be playing a few songs John and I have written and some favorites written by a few others.

We will be playing at Pastor Moser’s church (The Ridge) on 6424 St Joe Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46835 on Saturday night August 12 at 7:00.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down