The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming...

+10
Ammocas
oldschooldoom
TZ75
Fundy
alldatndensum
bodachi
Raegoul
Frozen Fire
Pethead
Lex Metalis
14 posters

Go down

Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming... Empty Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming...

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:53 am

From MS's official FB page

Here’s the latest:

1 - I start on the new @iconicofficialmusic album this week. Tommy, Joel, Nathan, Marco and myself are really excited! Coming 2024.

2 - The new band that me & @alessandro.del.vecchio started is called “SoleDriver”. The album is complete and we’re shooting two music videos at the end of August. The album will be released this year. It’s an amazing album that Ale and myself are very proud of:pray: I can’t wait for you all to hear it!

3 - The new @stryper acoustic album is coming! It’s complete and we’re finally ready to release it!

4 - My inspirational album is finally going to be released worldwide. Stay tuned as I’m certain you will love this album! It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and finally it has become reality. Stay tuned:punch:

5 - I start recording vocals for the 2nd @sun_bomb album in October. It will be released next year as well. I’ve heard all the music and @traciiguns did a killer job!! Wait till you hear it:raised_hands:

6 - The music is complete on another project that was started a few years back with CJ Grimmark oh @narniatheband - once I can schedule writing lyrics and tracking vocals, that album/project will become reality as well. Absolutely stellar:punch:

7 - Stryper will be recording. New albums early next year. I’ll begin writing the music for that album in November/December of this year.

I’m thankful to be able to do what I do passionately love. Music!

Thank you all for your constant support and for helping me accomplish it all:pray::pray:

Last edited by Lex Metalis on Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, deathisgain, My Awesome Timothy, Andreas89, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming... Empty Re: Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming...

Post by Pethead Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:09 am

MS seems to have solid quality control. There's some stuff that doesn't really grab me, but it's more of a preference thing. And much of the stuff is excellent. I'll probably check several of these out. And of course I'm stoked for new Stryper always.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Tombie, eatbugs, Lex Metalis and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming... Empty Re: Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming...

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:42 pm

I've skipped all his other projects. I buy Stryper albums and his solo material. I'm not saying anything negative about the other work. It just hasn't been for me.

That said, I'll buy the CJ Grimmark album when it becomes a reality. CJ's guitar work in Narnia has continuously gotten more melodic and more tasteful as time has gone on and he's obviously technical master. He is currently a favorite in my world. I'd buy the album if anyone of quality was garnered as the vocalist. The fact that it is Michael makes it an automatic buy.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, Superjuice and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:45 pm

Sweet.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

oldschooldoom, Andreas89 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:53 pm

Raegoul wrote:Sweet.
Are you familiar with the term "low-hanging fruit"?
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Andreas89, Pethead and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:06 pm

I think that the difference between the Michael projects and the Dale projects is that Michael is involved with the writing of all of his projects.  Dale writes lyrics for some, and some he is a gun for hire where he simply has to sing what someone else has written.  With Michael thus far, his results are always on a similar keel in quality.  With Dale, some of the projects are just weird or don't sound complete.  When he hits with all cylinders firing, Dale has a great album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, oldschooldoom, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:54 pm

I'll be getting any new (non acoustic) Stryper album, but that's probably it.  Only so much one can buy!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:51 pm

Not sure how much these guys really believe in these side projects they do. For some of them it’s just a way to get paid to work. That’s why George Lynch does most of them. It’s a paycheck.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Ammocas and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:44 am

For quite awhile the title went to Neal Morse for cranking out the most albums & DVD's

I don't think there is a personal challenge between Michael and Dale but I have definitely noticed the uptick in side projects from both of them in the past 10 years
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 am

TZ75 wrote:Not sure how much these guys really believe in these side projects they do. For some of them it’s just a way to get paid to work. That’s why George Lynch does most of them. It’s a paycheck.
This. Nothing wrong with working for a living. If you don’t like it don’t buy it. You can’t blame them for doing what they do. The way I see it, it gives us more music to listen to and if it’s good then it’s a win win for everybody.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:51 am

I just don't believe in side projects for anyone.  I don't believe I've ever seen it work out great.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:24 am

Iconic and Sunbomb were capably produced and well written albums, but for some reason neither one really grabbed me at all. They lack the charisma that I feel like Stryper has. Even the latest Sweet Lynch album didn’t do much for me. I don’t fault Michael for doing other projects; he’s certainly entitled to pay the bills doing what he loves. But I for one will be looking forward to the new (electric) Stryper album, and perhaps his effort with CJ Grimmark.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:49 am

bodachi wrote:
Raegoul wrote:Sweet.
Are you familiar with the term "low-hanging fruit"?
Those are the best, ask Eve. Basketball
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by B Judson Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:56 pm

Seems that Michael Sweet is trying to beat Dale Thompson as the most workaholic singer ever. New albuns are coming...

KooL... now, if he only had a better voice!

I liked a few of their early songs but can't really stand how his voice sounds now.

B Judson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:28 am

I think I suggested to Michael in a thread from years ago that he should get Carl Johann Grimmark to play guitar solos on some of his songs.  Glad he took my advice and even took it up another level.  Thumbs up
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down