The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song:

5 posters

Go down

Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song:

Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_lcap20%Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_lcap10%Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_lcap10%Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_lcap0%Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_lcap0%Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_lcap40%Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: Empty Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song:

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:49 pm

I re-listened to Black Clouds and Silver Linings tonight, and I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy A Nightmare to Remember more than I remembered. So I'm selecting a handful of their extended length concept songs (not albums) for a favourites poll.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: Empty Re: Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song:

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:51 pm

Although I enjoy most of these, my votes are Octavarium and Illumination Theory. The live version of Octavarium on the Score DVD is amazing. 

And Illumination Theory--after seeing DT perform a shortened version live, I went ahead and made my own abridged version of about 15 1/2 minutes long, and I think it's awesome.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song: Empty Re: Dream Theater Favourite Concept Song:

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:46 am

I picked A Nightmare To Remember as my number one.

Octavarium is a very close second. 

The Glass Prison is also a major contender.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:16 am

Went with Count but In The Presence is close.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by shekkian Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:47 am

Tough vote, but I picked Octavarium. The writing is just mind blowing. (exploding head emoji)

shekkian
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:40 pm

shekkian wrote:Tough vote, but I picked Octavarium. The writing is just mind blowing. (exploding head emoji)

I agree with you. I shouldn't like the song--I often find drawn-out songs boring, and there are quite a few DT songs that I feel are WAY too long.

But Octavarium pulls me in, and the suspense and the building keeps me interested. There's emotion in the song and the instrumental parts are not just shredding. I LOVE it.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:07 pm

Had to check out Illumination Theory before I could vote and was very impressed.  All these songs are great in their own right, but The Glass Prison is one of my favorite songs and it rocks the hardest.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Superjuice wrote:Had to check out Illumination Theory before I could vote and was very impressed.  All these songs are great in their own right, but The Glass Prison is one of my favorite songs and it rocks the hardest.

I'm trained a very high level in classical music and theory. And so I can often figure out chord progressions, key changes, etc., in music. But I literally throw up my hands when I listen to Illumination Theory. I have NO IDEA what they are doing 1/2 the time!! But what amazes me is that it WORKS, and it does have quite a bit of melodic and emotional appeal.

Again, I won't say that about much of their newer music. But I believe they createdd a masterpiece with IT.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down