The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater)

+6
ManipulatorGeneral404
Athanasius
Black Rider
Superjuice
deathisgain
Temple of Blood
10 posters

Go down

Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater) Empty Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater)

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:32 pm

"Angels and Shadows" is one of the best Christian metal releases I have ever heard.

Hope they remain active and put out a new album sometime in the future.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater) Empty Re: Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater)

Post by deathisgain Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Loved that album. It's been so long that I thought they were over. I see they released a song in 2010.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater) Empty Re: Menahem is an amazing band (FFO: Symphony X and Dream Theater)

Post by Superjuice Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:00 pm

I remember a former member coming on here a few years ago saying the band had too much turmoil and hearing new music would be unlikely.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Metal bands with 5 members who aren't making a ton of money aren't very stable from my observation.
But at least we got this great album out of it.

Frankly, I like them more than Symphony X,  ... recent Symphony X especially.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Thought this was going to say they were working on new stuff.  Sad
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Black Rider wrote:Thought this was going to say they were working on new stuff.  Sad

It's new to me because I just heard their album for the first time this week.  Smile

It's a shame great bands don't get the support they need while overrated ones go on seemingly for forever.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 pm

I learned of these guys years ago at the Theocracy forum, maybe a year or so after the album came out.  I consider their sound closer to Dream Theater than Symphony X (although there is some slight similarity to V: The New Mythology Suite), but they're different enough from DT that I don't think the similarity is that strong with them either.

Anyway, good album.  Not quite a masterpiece, but it does have some great songs and it shows a ton of potential.  The vocals took a bit of getting used to for me, but they grew on me.  It's a real shame they never released anyone else except for the song deathisgain posted.  If they had kept things together they might have become one of the best prog metal bands out there.

Anyone else see a common thread running through most of their songs?  I wouldn't call Angels and Shadows a concept album, but a lot of the lyrics involve seeking divine guidance.  If had to guess, I'd say whoever wrote them was either going through hard times or had been through them in the past.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ManipulatorGeneral404 Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:42 pm

The last I heard from an ex-member years ago, Menahem is over. Based on the tone of his message, I am guessing we will never see any more music.

I would agree that the band had tons of potential as their musicianship is utterly ridiculous and they produced tons of incredibly powerful and epic passages. They tend to be a little too flashy and over-the-top with some musical passages as well as the vocals, and the mastering is simply awful, about as compressed as Californication.

ManipulatorGeneral404
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:13 pm

I love that album, band had HUGE potential!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:51 pm

I havent played it forever... Someone sent me files of it years back due to the CD being impossible to find...

It is quite the gem!!
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:16 pm

"Angels & Shadows" is a really good record overall.  It definitely stood out when I was searching high and low for Christian prog.    Funny enough, I was poking around on Spotify today and found out that the band posted the "Angels & Shadows" album there sometime in 2020.   I wonder if there will be a reissue of the CD anytime soon?  Maybe not but more people should hear this record for sure.   Soullhunter "Scanning Horizons" is another good one (also a Brazilian band).
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Thanks for that just started spinning it on Spotify. I loved what I heard of the Soulhunter album but so hard to find.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:19 pm

mothy wrote:Thanks for that just started spinning it on Spotify. I loved what I heard of the Soulhunter album but so hard to find.
There is also so little info on Soullhunter out there which is a shame.   
Surprisingly though their demo songs (pre-album) are still accessible on Reverbnation here:

Soullhunter Demo Tracks
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:21 pm

I know it really stinks because they were really good on the clips I heard
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down