The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Clark (Demon Hunter) and his thoughts about Exile's songs...

Go down

Ryan Clark (Demon Hunter) and his thoughts about Exile's songs... Empty Ryan Clark (Demon Hunter) and his thoughts about Exile's songs...

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:28 am

"Throughout what feels like my entire life, I've found  refuge in subculture. I knew very early on that "normal" wasn't for me.  When you feel like - or are treated as - an outcast, the best defense is to lean into it.

Growing up a pastor's kid, I was always looking for ways to rebel without giving up my soul. It wasn't that I was looking to shed the ideals I was raised to believe in. I just knew that somewhere out there was a fringe where I could be the kind of outcast that I wanted to be.

In junior high, I found skateboarding culture, which soon led to punk and hardcore. Though my musical taste would eventually pull me down a particularly metal avenue, it's the ethos of hardcore that I still hold in the highest regard. At its purest, hardcore is about belief, respect, perseverance, accountability and hard work. Very few - if any - other musical genre act as a crash course in responsible and ethical living.

I know that finding you place in the world has always been difficult, but I fear that social media has increase this dillema 100-fold. I pray my daughter is able to wheter the inevitable storm of internet trash that she will eventually be thrust into. I pray that she finds strength in oppostion to the norm. I pray she finds a filter - as I did through hardcore - and gives not a single passing thought to her generations's many falsehoods"

(Ryan Clark about 'Defense Mechanism')
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho, bigtreads and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down