The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

+12
Son of Nun
Raegoul
Christian metal Horde
Frozen Fire
ThomasEversole
Kerrick
Pethead
crucifyd
TZ75
Temple of Blood
jaydeecrawson
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred - Page 2 Empty Re: 'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:25 am

My personal view (and this doesn't mean I'm an authority or an expert)... is that this whole "unblack" thing with the lyrics and concept started by Horde has been excessively over-saturated and it's lost it's innocence... and it's novelty has been worn completely out....

not saying these guys aren't good but this and Frost Like Ashes is often just an unprofessional, sub-standard parody...

the corpse paint, armor, aesthetic, etc was meant to be evil, pagan, dark, etc.

Horde was awesome and made a huge splash... it was top notch and was even on Nuclear Blast

that uniqueness is lost now.

like all these "new" star wars spins offs, sequels, etc.

it's tarnished the purity and specialness of the originals.

I think that's one reason why Emperor has refused to make new albums.

I remember something Erik Danielsson from Watain said about "Christian" black metal... they should be ashamed of themselves.

sure, Horde, Antestor, etc. gets a pass...

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

ThomasEversole, Pethead, TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred - Page 2 Empty Re: 'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

Post by TZ75 Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:04 am

Dustofyears wrote:Every bit as silly as titles like Blame it on God, Mad at God—and I love those early deicide albums— or JGSH etc. Even the name Christ Worshipers eye roll worthy in my opinion. I think Living Sacrifice did worship lyrics really well on NE.

Bible Basher by Deicide did come to mind as well.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:18 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:My personal view (and this doesn't mean I'm an authority or an expert)... is that this whole "unblack" thing with the lyrics and concept started by Horde has been excessively over-saturated and it's lost it's innocence... and it's novelty has been worn completely out....

not saying these guys aren't good but this and Frost Like Ashes is often just an unprofessional, sub-standard parody...

Horde was awesome and made a huge splash... it was top notch and was even on Nuclear Blast

I remember something Erik Danielsson from Watain said about "Christian" black metal... they should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, I don’t get why a self-proclaimed Christian band would dress up like vampires or whatever the corpse paint look is supposed to represent. I do understand that some people like the music. But the image is sort of absurd for a Christian band to wear. I mean they are trying to look evil. It’s a contradiction. 
Imagine people going to church dressed like zombies from the Walking Dead. Maybe these bands think it’s fun. Or maybe it’s designed to piss off the real black metal bands (which does not bother me). 

It’s all Gene Simmons’ fault! Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

jaydeecrawson, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:24 am

I’ve never gotten Christian bands wearing corpse paint and using fake blood.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, crucifyd, jaydeecrawson and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:28 am

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Every bit as silly as titles like Blame it on God, Mad at God—and I love those early deicide albums— or JGSH etc. Even the name Christ Worshipers eye roll worthy in my opinion. I think Living Sacrifice did worship lyrics really well on NE.

Bible Basher by Deicide did come to mind as well.
Yep agreed stupid title and stupid song. And not one of their great albums either...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:31 am

I was going to bring up Stryper once looking like drag queens... thank goodness I didn't do that though...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:34 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:My personal view (and this doesn't mean I'm an authority or an expert)... is that this whole "unblack" thing with the lyrics and concept started by Horde has been excessively over-saturated and it's lost it's innocence... and it's novelty has been worn completely out....

And even if Horde was a direct rip of early Dark Throne, I still like that album better.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:44 pm

Pethead wrote:I’ve never gotten Christian bands wearing corpse paint and using fake blood.
TBH it looks super ridicolous notwithstanding if it's a Christian or a secular/satanic band. I remember seeing the first corpse paint pics and just laughing m.a.o. back in the 90s.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:27 pm

I don't mind the re-purposing of corpsepaint and that aesthetic. Dark, skulls, etc. don't mean evil and can be used as a memento mori, etc. I've heard it explained that the corpsepaint represents being dead to the world, which is actually a more sensible use than the secular bands make of it. All that said, I wouldn't have any interest in wearing it if I were in a band and it's very easy for it to turn very cheesy looking and cringeworthy.

I think the key factor in all of this is that Unblack bands should be striving for professionalism. To be taken seriously and to effectively get their message out to a secular audience they need to make music that is the level of good secular black metal bands and they need to have lyrics and imagery that have enough thoughtfulness, depth, and nuance to be taken seriously. If the quality in any of those areas is low they will be ignored and laughed at just like a lot of the subpar secular black metal bands with a cringe aesthetic.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:00 pm

Antestor was signed to Cachophonous, Hellhammer played for 'em

all very impressive.... Horde was on Nuclear Blast and Jayson Sherlock just killed it.... totally unique and a total iconoclastic middle finger to all those black metal bands... It was legit

but wearing all that armor, corpse paint... it was designed to be evil... and when Protestant Christians copy it and co-op it, it looks ridiculous man. it's absurd... it's an oxymoron

but that's just my personal view...

I wished Nyk Edinger would have just re-formed Possession with a new lineup with him on vocals and I told him that myself.... but the Frost Like Ashes thing is just weird... I get the same feeling watching Janick Gers play with Iron Maiden... just dumb. It's cringy. Frost Like Ashes copying Dark Funeral, etc... just lame....

but like I said... that's just my own personal view...

but, Ceremonial Sacred has a cool logo and that new song is aw right... but the whole corpse paint and armor and pentagrams is absurd.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:07 pm

A Hill to Die Upon is the only band that does this style that I like. I really enjoy their first three albums. But that is mostly because they originally had a heavy dose of death metal mixed with the Unblack element. 

I hope they return soon with a new album. But not like the last one… I didn’t like the new direction.

Last edited by TZ75 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:52 pm

TZ75 wrote:Then again… I have an Army of Darkness avatar. LOL

You've got the BOOMSTICK.   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:06 am

Kerrick wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Then again… I have an Army of Darkness avatar. LOL

You've got the BOOMSTICK.   Cool

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:04 pm

Now, on YouTube

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:25 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:Now, on YouTube

LMAO
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

jaydeecrawson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

LMAO

Wow. you said a mouthful very succinct.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:26 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

LMAO

Wow. you said a mouthful very succinct.
Okay here's a mouthful. I mean the lyrics and the cover with a Satanic bible and 666 and pentagram etc... and not to mention the title, is like giving a child some bright pastels and telling it to draw the most evil picture it can conjure, the result, a very bright pastel colored drawing of  something that is perhaps trying it's best to resemble something like a skull dripping red from it's black sooty sockets and what appears to be, a mouth, a bright pink, five pointed star drawn on its forehead and a wriggly thing that's meant to be a worm slithering from its mouth. Once done, the kid rushes to the kitchen where mommy is cooking the brat's dinner, and the kid, with great pride, holds up its evil masterpiece with a beaming smile from ear to ear, then says: "LOok MOmmy lOok". MOm, of course, not wanting to disappoint little Timmy, winces away in feigned shock and horror!

This band doesn't hate Satan lol.

Just can't help myself. Yet another muppet show folks...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Ok Mr. Schmug.Other than a couple bands like Venom and Dissection it's all a show. Ghost is a bunch of muppets but it sells.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:11 am

Black Rider wrote:Ok Mr. Schmug.Other than a couple bands like Venom and Dissection it's all a show. Ghost is a bunch of muppets but it sells.
Smug as the bug crawling along your dinner table. I'm right too. It is beyond me why and how Ghost is lumped into the metal genre.... they belong alongside slipknot on the Walmart shelves, what I like to call "Walmart Metal". I respect Venom for historical input but they suck. And I don't think about Dissection at all. Are they Muppets? No. If or not you like them, they are what they are. The band above is not. They have a witchcraft occult like and satanic ceremonial ritual on their cover with a contradictory title. They love it and so badly want to be a satanic band and evil edge lords it's amazing if one cannot see how ridiculous it is. Surely you can see how ridiculous it is... Can't you? Ask anyone that is not a christian, least of all the one's they are trying to appeal to. It's a joke and If I were a christian I'd be frankly quite angry with bands like these. This makes Stryper on four white horses with blazing swords look like a honey of an album cover... thus— Muppet show.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:21 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Ok Mr. Schmug.Other than a couple bands like Venom and Dissection it's all a show. Ghost is a bunch of muppets but it sells.
Smug as the bug crawling along your dinner table. I'm right too. It is beyond me why and how Ghost is lumped into the metal genre.... they belong alongside slipknot on the Walmart shelves, what I like to call "Walmart Metal". I respect Venom for historical input but they suck. And I don't think about Dissection at all. Are they Muppets? No. If or not you like them, they are what they are. The band above is not. They have a witchcraft occult like and satanic ceremonial ritual on their cover with a contradictory title. They love it and so badly want to be a satanic band and evil edge lords it's amazing if one cannot see how ridiculous it is. Surely you can see how ridiculous it is... Can't you? Ask anyone that is not a christian, least of all the one's they are trying to appeal to. It's a joke and If I were a christian I'd be frankly quite angry with bands like these. This makes Stryper on four white horses with blazing swords look like a honey of an album cover... thus— Muppet show.

"Walmart Metal".... hilarious.

thanks for cracking me up this morning man. I needed to read this bad! 

I agree 100%! Spot on! It is ridiculous.... 

Dissection rules though dude. Storm of the Lights Bane and Somberlain are masterpieces

The first Ghost album is good... I've seen 'em like 10 times... not a fan anymore though... sort of moved on.... 

I don't listen to stuff like that anymore after going through a divorce, brings up too many memories

loved this post though dude.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:40 am

I thought Slipknot were Hot Topic Metal. Did they switch genres?
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and jaydeecrawson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:03 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
They have a witchcraft occult like and satanic ceremonial ritual on their cover with a contradictory title. They love it and so badly want to be a satanic band and evil edge lords it's amazing if one cannot see how ridiculous it is.

The cover depicts a satanic bible that has been torn and destroyed just as the pentagram in their logo has been crossed out. The title is not contradictory, but rather supports what is shown on the album cover. Anyone with any knowledge of this band or the members involved knows that they have no desire to be "a satanic band." They are following a number of Unblack metal tropes that have their root in some of the lyrics from Horde's seminal album. As I've already mentioned, I don't have a particular interest in this imagery and find that it is often rather cringe, but we don't have to misrepresent them to make that argument.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Kerrick, Pethead, Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:16 pm

Son of Nun wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
They have a witchcraft occult like and satanic ceremonial ritual on their cover with a contradictory title. They love it and so badly want to be a satanic band and evil edge lords it's amazing if one cannot see how ridiculous it is.

The cover depicts a satanic bible that has been torn and destroyed just as the pentagram in their logo has been crossed out. The title is not contradictory, but rather supports what is shown on the album cover. Anyone with any knowledge of this band or the members involved knows that they have no desire to be "a satanic band." They are following a number of Unblack metal tropes that have their root in some of the lyrics from Horde's seminal album. As I've already mentioned, I don't have a particular interest in this imagery and find that it is often rather cringe, but we don't have to misrepresent them to make that argument.
I liked your post cause it gave me a good laugh. Cringe factor 101 right there. Thanks for that. Allow me to speak in the tongue of christianeze for a minute— Do you think God needs the Instruments and tools and the power and glory of the the devil to promote and represent himself? And who is this band playing for (probably all five of you). That's the truth of it. Also you thought about slapping"Death to the World" on a T-shirt bro then on the back have in bold print JESUS LOVES YOU. Makes about as much sense as the contradictory album cover. think about how insane it is.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

"Walmart Metal".... hilarious.

thanks for cracking me up this morning man. I needed to read this bad! 

I agree 100%! Spot on! It is ridiculous.... 

Dissection rules though dude. Storm of the Lights Bane and Somberlain are masterpieces

The first Ghost album is good... I've seen 'em like 10 times... not a fan anymore though... sort of moved on.... 

I don't listen to stuff like that anymore after going through a divorce, brings up too many memories

loved this post though dude.
Nice to know my rambling made someone laugh. You're very welcome. I don't knock anyone for listening to ghost or Slipknot whatever (okay maybe Slipknot haha). Sounds like Ghost has sentimental value for you too, I get that.  Yeah Dissection I tried to get into years back and I know those albums are the big guns for them.  Have to give 'em another suck of the Kumera. Cheers stay metal (whatever that means).
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:25 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:I thought Slipknot were Hot Topic Metal. Did they switch genres?
Dunno but they Suck.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next