The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

+12
Son of Nun
Raegoul
Christian metal Horde
Frozen Fire
ThomasEversole
Kerrick
Pethead
crucifyd
TZ75
Temple of Blood
jaydeecrawson
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred Empty 'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:43 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred Empty Re: 'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

Post by jaydeecrawson Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:40 pm

I'm usually pretty skeptical and cynical when it comes to the term "unblack metal" but their song "Everything beautiful is Falling" impressed me. I had their first CD a LONG time ago but haven't really paid attention in years...

good song.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred Empty Re: 'I Hate Satan', the New single from Cerimonial Sacred

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:14 am

Direct
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:51 am

Cool song, musically. 

But I don’t think Satan cares if they hate him. We need to concentrate on God and praise him more than throwing stones at spiritual entities that the Bible warns not to provoke. 

I believe we are to rebuke the devil when it’s necessary. Even the Archangel Michael struggled with them. And he’s an actual Angel. God could destroy them all instantly if he wanted. They’re doomed! God has a plan and it will happen.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Kerrick, ThomasEversole, Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:16 am

TZ75 wrote:Cool song, musically. 

But I don’t think Satan cares if they hate him. We need to concentrate on God and praise him more than throwing stones at a celestial entity that the Bible warns not to provoke. 

I believe we are to rebuke the devil when it’s necessary. Even the Archangel Michael struggled with them. And he’s an actual Angel. God could destroy them all instantly if he wanted. They’re doomed! God has a plan and it will happen.

Yeah... When I was younger I used to like this 'violence against the goat' kind of lyric, but now turned a little of boring to me (as a major part of black metal music scene). I still listen to some classic bands, but it's really rare to me listening a new band
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 am

not a fan of these kinds of lyrics...

to me it has this cocky / vengeful vibe to it that we have no place embodying.
"Vengeance is mine" comes to mind...

also, are we not to resist the devil? and how? by submitting to God.
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Last edited by crucifyd on Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Kerrick, Pethead, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:10 am

Jude 8–9 challenges so much of Christian metal:

8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of [e]dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in [f]contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (NKJV)
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick, TZ75 and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:33 am

It's a good song; I just bought it off Bandcamp.  But yeah I'm with y'all regarding the lyrics.  I wish more bands focused on praising God than verbally attacking Satan/demons...

Tyrant
Tyrant

ThomasEversole, Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:36 am

I understand that new believers or baby Christians tend to approach things with a somewhat cavalier attitude toward Satan. As a believer matures in their walk with God, you see things from a wiser point of view.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:43 pm

TZ75 wrote:I understand that new believers or baby Christians tend to approach things with a somewhat cavalier attitude toward Satan. As a believer matures in their walk with God, you see things from a wiser point of view.

What you mentioned is a major element in underground Christian metal especially, but there's another element involved.  Ceremonial Sacred is a good example of this, just like Lament who's been around 20+ years, and their most recent is entitled, "Burn Satan Burn".  

"I Hate Satan" type lyrics, just sell better and get more likes and clicks and whatever, than "I Love Jesus" type lyrics.  Especially for an audience who may not be Christian.  

Honestly, it drives me absolutely bonkers.  Its like exchanging a bold message with concepts of love and salvation, for some demon killer trope because that farms more attention for the band itself.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:17 pm

The lyrics aren't my favorite but I would say these aren't typical of what they do. Either way I love their sound, particularly the vocals. One of my favorites in the style.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:39 pm

Good song
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:48 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I understand that new believers or baby Christians tend to approach things with a somewhat cavalier attitude toward Satan. As a believer matures in their walk with God, you see things from a wiser point of view.

What you mentioned is a major element in underground Christian metal especially, but there's another element involved.  Ceremonial Sacred is a good example of this, just like Lament who's been around 20+ years, and their most recent is entitled, "Burn Satan Burn".  

"I Hate Satan" type lyrics, just sell better and get more likes and clicks and whatever, than "I Love Jesus" type lyrics.  Especially for an audience who may not be Christian.  

Honestly, it drives me absolutely bonkers.  Its like exchanging a bold message with concepts of love and salvation, for some demon killer trope because that farms more attention for the band itself.

I think some people struggle with showing what they may perceive to be weakness. Maybe these type of bands don’t think lyrics about loving Jesus fits with their dark and aggressive image. They may think the audience won’t listen unless they match the anger and hate of satanic bands.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:53 am

To be fair these lads also had the heartwarming Christ Worshipers (sic!) album cover.

I don‘t think it‘s bad to hate the Devil, but we should not disrespect or belittle those demonic forces (Pethead cited Jude 8-9), but take them for what they are: Enemies that we must fight in a spiritual warfare (citing 2. Cor. 10,4-6 in a WooW voice)…
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:37 am

Raegoul wrote:To be fair these lads also had the heartwarming Christ Worshipers (sic!) album cover.

I don‘t think it‘s bad to hate the Devil, but we should not disrespect or belittle those demonic forces (Pethead cited Jude 8-9), but take them for what they are: Enemies that we must fight in a spiritual warfare (citing 2. Cor. 10,4-6 in a WooW voice)…

Yeah, I know. I had already said it’s not a good idea to taunt spiritual entities like demons etc…

Assuming your post was directed at me… my point was that we shouldn’t focus our energy thinking about Satan when we could be praising God! cheers
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:23 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:To be fair these lads also had the heartwarming Christ Worshipers (sic!) album cover.

Yeah, I know. I had already said it’s not a good idea to taunt spiritual entities like demons etc…

Assuming your post was directed at me… my point was that we shouldn’t focus our energy thinking about Satan when we could be praising God! cheers
It wasn't directed at you or someone in particular.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:11 am

The description on Bandcamp clarifies some of this (the song being against satanic ideology generally).

Regardless, the song title itself is cringe. I don't believe that Christian Metal needs to be writing in simplistic categories whether it's "I Hate Satan" or "I Love Jesus." I also don't believe that "I Hate Satan" is helping them sell records to anyone but committed "Unblack Warriors." Lyrics without philosophical depth and nuance are not going to appeal to a secular audience and will probably be mocked. These kinds of lyrics are actually a barrier to being taken seriously outside of Christian Metal whether on the musical or spiritual front. Perhaps they had some experiences they needed to get out of their system lyrically with this song and can go back in a better direction.

Musically, these guys are very talented and "Christ Worshipers" is one of the best Unblack albums I've heard. I look forward to a new album from them.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:38 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:

I'm not attacking anyone but what do you think of  Stryper's To Hell With the Devil (according to Spotify it's their most popular song, so it's likely what people think of when they think Stryper)?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:31 pm

WildWorld wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:

I'm not attacking anyone but what do you think of  Stryper's To Hell With the Devil (according to Spotify it's their most popular song, so it's likely what people think of when they think Stryper)?

You have a good point there!

But when that song came out it wasn’t a continuous occurrence like some of the “unblack” bands seem to be doing. It’s a song of rebuke for sure! How many songs do they have that spotlight the Devil the whole song? Most of their songs are about lifting up Jesus. It’s not like a band can’t have an occasional song that unleashes some righteous anger, but I just don’t think it’s should be a band’s main focus.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:50 pm

TZ75 wrote:...Most of their songs are about lifting up Jesus. It’s not like a band can’t have an occasional song that unleashed some righteous anger, but I just don’t think it’s should be a band’s main focus.

To a lesser degree, this could be said about Cerimonial Sacred too.  Very few of their songs are actually about "killing Saten ded" and overall I think they have pretty strong lyrics.  While I wouldn't write lyrics like this, it's also easy for me to overlook and enjoy the music.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:56 pm

Kerrick wrote:
TZ75 wrote:...Most of their songs are about lifting up Jesus. It’s not like a band can’t have an occasional song that unleashed some righteous anger, but I just don’t think it’s should be a band’s main focus.

To a lesser degree, this could be said about Cerimonial Sacred too.  Very few of their songs are actually about "killing Saten ded" and overall I think they have pretty strong lyrics.  While I wouldn't write lyrics like this, it's also easy for me to overlook and enjoy the music.

Yeah, I’m not the biggest black metal fan, but Christ Worshippers is a good album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:58 pm

I have to admit that in a way I’m a hypocrite. I still like some tunes by Mortification like: JGSH, Satan’s Doom etc…

They were young like these other bands probably are and they have the righteous anger! As they get older, they should be maturing into more praise and focus on God. I’m just a guy with an opinion. I can’t judge…

I just know like I already said, the devil doesn’t care if we hate him. He probably likes that we’re not focusing where we should be. A proper rebuke is required. But the semi-tough guy approach seems futile. Jesus already defeated them. We don’t have any reason to taunt them. It’s almost like poking a rattlesnake with a stick. Is it a good idea? Just walk away.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and ThomasEversole like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:16 pm

I also want to point out that the Stryper song was done tastefully (in my opinion) and is about turning away from their enemy. There’s no violence about hunting for demons to chop their heads off or whatever. It’s an anthem of turning away from lies and rebuking the devil. 

We are in a spiritual war. It’s not Dungeons and Dragons or Lord of the Rings warfare. There’s no Conan the Barbarian with a battle axe to chop up demons (although the kid in me loves the idea). It’s all spiritual warfare.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:08 pm

Then again… I have an Army of Darkness avatar. LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:21 am

Every bit as silly as titles like Blame it on God, Mad at God—and I love those early deicide albums— or JGSH etc. Even the name Christ Worshipers eye roll worthy in my opinion. I think Living Sacrifice did worship lyrics really well on NE.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next