The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many itens do you have in your collection?

+11
scottmitchell74
Frozen Fire
Second Wind
Soldier777
Ammocas
Grindboy
eatbugs
Temple of Blood
Son of Nun
Pethead
Lex Metalis
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many itens do you have in your collection? Empty How many itens do you have in your collection?

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 pm

I creat an Excel spreadsheet and figured out that I have 626 cds, 55 vinyls and 29 dvd's.

And, to 2023, I started a project to listen all of my CD collection (itens that I have more than one version, I'll listen only the one with bonus), and this is the Phase I of my 'Musical Marathon 2023' ...

How many itens do you have in your collection? Mm_0110
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

How many itens do you have in your collection? Empty Re: How many itens do you have in your collection?

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:59 pm

Thousands of CDs/purchased downloads. A couple dozen vinyl. Don’t know any more than that. 

Used to have more.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Lex Metalis likes this post

Back to top Go down

How many itens do you have in your collection? Empty Re: How many itens do you have in your collection?

Post by Son of Nun Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:45 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:I creat an Excel spreadsheet and figured out that I have 626 cds, 55 vinyls and 29 dvd's.

And, to 2023, I started a project to listen all of my CD collection (itens that I have more than one version, I'll listen only the one with bonus), and this is the Phase I of my 'Musical Marathon 2023' ...

You know Discogs exists right? Razz
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:21 pm

Son of Nun wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:I creat an Excel spreadsheet and figured out that I have 626 cds, 55 vinyls and 29 dvd's.

You know Discogs exists right? Razz

Oh really? Never hear before 😒

- - -

TBH, I don't like Discogs system and I have many itens that dont appear on the site and I'm lazy enough to not put them on the site 😂
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:45 pm

hundreds I'm sure, though probably only 80 Christian metal CDs
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:25 pm

2292 total.

My spreadsheet includes how much I spent on each... Shocked Embarassed Cool

I'm also too lazy to add to discogs.  My spreadsheet predates that site anyway.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:47 pm

Somewhere 600-700 cd's I think, plus a few odds and ends (digital, vinyl, cassette, whatever) but that's the bulk of it.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 pm

Wayyyy to many haha! I’m actually retiring from my job next week and will be on a fixed pension income…so I will have to be very selective in my purchases from now on.
I love vinyl but it’s getting ridiculously expensive and the production times are just stupid so I will probably buy cd’s or download files.
I might start inventorying my collection since I’ll have more time to spend on it.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:51 pm

I have over 400 CD albums (called CD albums where some come with more than 1 CD or a CD/DVD or CD/BluRay combo), over 125 LPs, over 30 videos (mix of VHS, DVDs and BluRays), several shirts, posters and a binder full of music collectables and foreign bank notes.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:23 pm

I have around 350 cds and a handful of Vynil. Plus around 30 DVDs, I guess.

It is 95% Christian metal, at least...

However I do not purchase anything in the last three or four years.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:41 pm

Ammocas wrote:I’m actually retiring from my job next week

Congratulations!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:32 pm

As others have said, too many items!

I used to keep track of my list when I was a kid and made a spreadsheet at one point when I was in my late teens that I kept for a decade. It was color-coordinated with every album ranked, release years, specialized logos included. Unfortunately, at that point it was evidence of my idolatry. It was an obsession, a compulsion updating ratings, deleting CDs when I sold something off. I felt weird about it back then. Since my life changed I have largely packed up all my physical media. In the old days I had thousands of CDs but, of all things in the last 13 years, after starting my collection over, I probably have well over 1000 CDs again. A couple of years ago I counted and had over 800, 99% of it Christian. It'd be interesting to count again but I'd actually be afraid to. My wife would be even more upset. Laughing
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:44 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:As others have said, too many items!

I used to keep track of my list when I was a kid and made a spreadsheet at one point when I was in my late teens that I kept for a decade. It was color-coordinated with every album ranked, release years, specialized logos included. Unfortunately, at that point it was evidence of my idolatry. It was an obsession, a compulsion updating ratings, deleting CDs when I sold something off. I felt weird about it back then. Since my life changed I have largely packed up all my physical media. In the old days I had thousands of CDs but, of all things in the last 13 years, after starting my collection over, I probably have well over 1000 CDs again. A couple of years ago I counted and had over 800, 99% of it Christian. It'd be interesting to count again but I'd actually be afraid to. My wife would be even more upset. Laughing
It’s best to hide these things from the women folk.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Frozen Fire, ChristianDeathMetal and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:00 pm

Pethead wrote:

It’s best to hide these things from the women folk.
True words. It's no accident I get the mail.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:51 pm

Maybe 600-700 Cds

Maybe 60 cassettes

Maybe 60 Records

Maybe?
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:33 pm

No such thing under three conditions:
1. Financial responsibility.
2. Physical space for them.
3. The ability to hide at least the cost of them from "the women folk."

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire, Pethead, Ammocas, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:16 pm

eatbugs wrote:

Me and momma have always taken a set "allowance " from our shared financial pool. This way what each spends their "allowance " on is immaterial to the other. 

It's one way to go, at least.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

eatbugs and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:40 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Me and momma have always taken a set "allowance " from our shared financial pool. This way what each spends their "allowance " on is immaterial to the other. 

It's one way to go, at least.
My wife and I have part of our budget designated as individual “fun money.” It usually means music purchases for me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:20 pm

eatbugs wrote:
Ammocas wrote:I’m actually retiring from my job next week

Congratulations!
Thanks!!!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:42 am

The thing about collecting music, movies, sports, coins, comic books, etc merch is:

1. Just when you think you have almost everything, you come across a band from years back that you get into where you missed them or revisited them and didn't like them back then and your taste changed. Also, Boones, Girder and Roxx announces a new reissue or a new album by a band you like or a new album from a new band. 

2. Like laundry and dishes, you are never done with collecting. 

3. It's always good to be organized by keeping a wish/want list either on spreadsheet or on paper. Hard to find albums/grails I keep on paper where albums that I have a good chance of getting within the next year and change alot I keep on a spreadsheet. I also have a paper list of potential bands I may research/sample/check out that I don't have in my collection.

4. Always put your and your family needs first and your bills. There will always be a time that you will get that album you like. 

When it comes to using technology to keep track of things, I've always use a mix of old fashion paper and pen or things like a word doc or a spreadsheet for my hobbies, finances and my jobs. Resources like Angelic Warlord, this forum and discogs are great as well. 

My 400+ CDs are from 30 years of collecting. My 125+ LPs is from over 4.5 years of collecting. It took me longer like 10-15 years to reach over 100 CDs than it did to reach over 100 LPs. The main reason was didn't have as much money back then as I do now.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:15 am

I am impressed as many of you, just like me have wife issues about this.
CDs x Wives

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:28 pm

I don't know.  For me, I'm pretty much done collecting.  I find a few things here and there, but NOTHING like I used to do 10+ years ago.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:27 pm

I have probably 900 or 1,000 CDs, 250 to 300 tapes, and probably close to 100 vinyl.  I could have had way more if I hadn't sold many of them.  I just keep what I consider quality releases.  I collect for quality and not so much for quantity.

That may sound like a lot of items to some of y'all, but that's only because Scott Waters hasn't responded yet.  I think that fella could fit my entire collection in his medicine cabinet.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:41 pm

Ammocas wrote:I’m actually retiring from my job next week and will be on a fixed pension income…
That's awesome, congratulations!   Get out in one piece while you still can....Smile
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:52 pm

I have maybe 100 CD's right now, of different genres.  Maybe a dozen cassettes and about 20-25 DVD's.  And about 10-15 albums on MP3.

Yes, that is little.  But I no longer collect like I used to.  I used to have a big music hoarding problem and at the peak I had over 20,000 CD's, tapes, and vinyl.  Believe me when I say that much weighs A TON and takes up a huge amount of space!  All of them had to go.  It was many years before I was able to buy anything at all again.  So I've come a really long way.  I can still get caught up in it though so I have to be careful.  I don't want to go back to that lifestyle, you tell yourself it's rewarding but it was actually quite miserable.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Frozen Fire and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next