The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers for my wife and I --- details below

+3
Grindboy
Pethead
M_Mosher
7 posters

Go down

Prayers for my wife and I --- details below Empty Prayers for my wife and I --- details below

Post by M_Mosher Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:01 pm

It's probably a good idea to ask for prayer at this point, even though I'm a bit embarassed to do so right now. My wife and I have been going through what seems like non-stop hardship for at least the past year, with only sporadic bursts of short-lived relief. 

She and I both suffer from severe and chronic anxiety/panic disorders. She went to the hospital last week with what she thought may even be a heart-attack (Lord forbid, please! For either of us...), but turned out to be an extremely bad panic attack. She got a bit of medication for it, which will do her some good for sure, using it "as needed." 

My own situation is quite complex. In addition to the normal anxiety/panic/depression problems I normally endure, things have been compounded due to a literal nervous-breakdown I've been suffering since late-2021, when I came very close to attempting suicide on account of a familial circumstance beyond my control involving my two children from a previous civil-marriage.

From that time until now, I have been self-medicating with various substances, some helpful (but no longer available), some less-helpful but prevalent. As such, I go from day-to-day, hoping to not be too much of a burden (which I know I am) to my wife and family, and yet trying to remain strong, trying to get eating disorders under control.... using less-than-orthodox (shall we say) means. 

Please brethren, if you could find it in your hearts to mention us together before the Lord.... it would be a great appreciation. I hope I can follow suit at such a time as I am realiztically able, all things considered. 

Thank  you. God bless, and all the best.
M_Mosher
M_Mosher
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://michaelmosher.blogspot.com

Constantine, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my wife and I --- details below Empty Re: Prayers for my wife and I --- details below

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:21 pm

I will lift you both up in prayer. I have anxiety/panic disorder and it’s horrible. God’s blessings on both of you.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my wife and I --- details below Empty Re: Prayers for my wife and I --- details below

Post by Grindboy Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:10 pm

Grateful for your openness, lifting you both up.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:18 pm

Praying for all three of you.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:56 am

Pethead wrote:I will lift you both up in prayer. I have anxiety/panic disorder and it’s horrible. God’s blessings on both of you.
Piggybacking my brother's post, I too have these issues.  Medication and therapy have been helpful...if you haven't sought these things, I pray that you may change your mind to see if they'll help. Wink 

Praying regardless.  

Brian
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Pethead, Constantine and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:01 am

Praying for you and yours! I had a nervous breakdown in 2008 from which I've never fully recovered. I know all too well the horrors of panic attacks. 

You will find a way through this. In Jesus' name!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:17 pm

I can relate.  Spent much of my life with severe anxiety/depression/suicidal tendencies/addictions although I'm doing far better these days, God has brought me through a lot and helped me to stabilize and improve coping skills, fear issues, trust issues, brain health, diet, exercise, relational skills, etc.  A holistic process including therapy that is on-going.

I will pray for you and your wife, that things will turn a corner and give you both more hope.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by M_Mosher Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:41 am

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and prayers. 

@Constantine, I feel you brother. Thanks for mentioning it, you can obviously relate. Brain-health, diet, and exercise are things I need to work on maintaining, but lately I've been eating my emotions. Crazy stupid habit. My exercise routine fell into complete disrepair several months ago. I keep telling myself every day that I have to get back into it. Gonna have to start back with something small though. 

Better to do a little every day, than try for a lot and then be inconsistent.
M_Mosher
M_Mosher
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead, Constantine, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:08 pm

M_Mosher wrote:Better to do a little every day, than try for a lot and then be inconsistent.
Those are wise words, brother.  

Just last night I was in a Meet Up group and someone mentioned this quote that is right up that alley:

“The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” -Mike Murdock

This seems to be a theme I'm hearing lately so I'm trying to listen more closely than I have been, lol.

Best regards to you and your family!
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster and M_Mosher like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by M_Mosher Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:44 pm

Constantine wrote:
M_Mosher wrote:Better to do a little every day, than try for a lot and then be inconsistent.
Those are wise words, brother.  

Just last night I was in a Meet Up group and someone mentioned this quote that is right up that alley:

“The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” -Mike Murdock

This seems to be a theme I'm hearing lately so I'm trying to listen more closely than I have been, lol.

Best regards to you and your family!
Thank you, and to yours likewise.  Smile

Yes indeed, I totally agree. Made myself do some exercises yesterday, which is a huge thing. Going to pick it back up today, give it a try, start back slow. Ease into it, cheeseburger in hand, y'know.... the "proper" way. Lolz.
M_Mosher
M_Mosher
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down