The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi

5 posters

Go down

Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi Empty Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi

Post by WildWorld Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:11 pm

I recently revisited this album. What does everyone think of it? While there are some songs that I dont much care for (ie, Droppin Like Flies, Till Death Do Us Part), I do have to appreciate the different sound here, and Corabi is admittedly a better singer than Vince. Plus, there are some all-time classic Crue songs here like Hooligan's Holiday, Misunderstood, and Hammered.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi Empty Re: Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi

Post by Staybrite Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:15 am

Corabi is a fantastic vocalist.  But I have to confess I've probably only heard two songs off of this album.  Without Vince's whine it doesn't sound like Crue to me... not that I cared what Crue did at this point anyway.  I need to give the full album a shot and see what I think of it overall.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi Empty Re: Motley Crue self-titled album with John Corabi

Post by Constantine Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:43 pm

It was okay and had some good songs.  I felt that John Corabi was unfairly maligned and poorly treated by the fans.  It's not like Vince Neil is any kind of good singer.   Haven't listened to this band in a long time, they annoy me in a lot of ways.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:29 pm

Adding Corabi made them a better band musically and I like a lot of this album but it wasn't the sound fans were looking for. Check Corabi out on The Scream and with The Dead Daisies, really good stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Unfortunately I didn’t give it a chance when it came out… but hearing it now after 25 years, it’s a good album! Truthfully, I had completely lost interest in the Crue after Dr. Feelgood.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down