The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garage/Yard Sale Scores

5 posters

Go down

Garage/Yard Sale Scores Empty Garage/Yard Sale Scores

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:46 pm

Anyone else enjoy the treasure-hunting fun of going to garage/yard sales.  They're very popular where we live and during the summer there are many every weekend.  We usually just stick to ones we can stroll the kids to from our house, but even then we've had some good scores!  I was able to find a much needed bench grinder, air compressor, and meat slicer for quite cheap most recently!  What about y'all?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Garage/Yard Sale Scores Empty Re: Garage/Yard Sale Scores

Post by Grindboy Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:16 pm

You bought a meat slicer? You mean like the commercial deal, not just a knife that you use to slice meat? We have an electric knife that we use exactly once a year (Thanksgiving). . . you all must be doing some serious meat up there!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:45 pm

I really need to get out to them around my area. My dad has scored a lot of great stuff through yard sales.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:30 pm

I always seem to miss them in my area.  The local community does them twice a year, so I need to get my act together this October and go check them out.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:41 pm

Our town becomes the yard sale center of the world twice a year.  While it is called the Watertown Mile Long Yardsale due to the length of our quaint community, we literally can have them stretch for miles and miles on the main highway.  We will have tens of thousands of people descend on our sleepy southern town in search of a bargain.  If you live on Main Street, having a yard sale during that time can be lucrative.  If you live on one of the side streets like I do, you can sit there all day with no one coming by even if you have advertised on social media and in the local paper.

Because of all this traffic, I have grown quite the distaste for yard sales in general and try to either stay home during our semi-annual yard sale event or try not to be in town at all as there is way more traffic that this town was ever designed for.  So, I rarely hit yard sales anymore.

I did hit one three years ago when I took over as pastor of my little church.  I needed chairs for my office if someone ever wanted to meet.  So, we saw a yard sale on Facebook that had four really nice chairs that you could change the covers for the seat and back easily.  They wanted quite a bit for them, but we told them what we wanted them for and they marked them way down so we would take them.  They threw in the covers they had for them as well.  All they needed was washing.  So, I have used furniture in my office!

My desk chair in came from Facebook Marketplace as well.  It was a really nice leather one, and they only wanted $25 for it.  The lady that sold it had it for her home office she worked from and just didn't like it.  The hydraulics didn't work all that well in it, but with me being bi-vocational, I figured it would be fine.  A few weeks ago, we bought another chair that wasn't really something I would want at church, so I took the bottom part of that one and mounted it my office chair at church.  Voila!  I have a great chair!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Staybrite, Fundy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:28 pm

Grindboy wrote:You bought a meat slicer? You mean like the commercial deal, not just a knife that you use to slice meat? We have an electric knife that we use exactly once a year (Thanksgiving). . . you all must be doing some serious meat up there!

Ha, well we've found it to be more economical and better quality to buy half a pig or cow for our freezer.  Having one of these will open up more options for us.  Smile  Though I looked it up online and it doesn't have particularly good reviews so who knows how it'll work for us!  Thankfully it wasn't expensive!  It's a pretty small/simple one and looks something like this one:
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-75-heavy-duty-food-slicer

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down