The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

+18
Son of Nun
shekkian
Second Wind
Grind4christ
My Awesome Timothy
scottmitchell74
Dustofyears
MagnusPrime
alldatndensum
WildWorld
Kerrick
mothy
Andreas89
Sevenoneself
Machine Fish
oldschooldoom
Black Rider
Pethead
22 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by Machine Fish Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:24 pm

Megadeth "The Sick, The Dying, and the Dead" 
Given it a little time since the first listen. I still think Dystopia is a stronger album than this one.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:30 pm

I still haven’t completely loved a Deth album since UA Cool
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grind4christ Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:31 pm

Anyone here do band logo's?
Grind4christ
Grind4christ
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.spirit-of-metal.com/en/band/Chains_Of_Bondage

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:23 pm

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 Iron_Maiden_-_Fear_Of_The_Dark

Always thought this one was underrated. There are definitely some clunkers on it, but there are also some great tunes. I much prefer it over NPftD or the two Blaze albums.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:24 pm

Lamb of God "Omens"
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:40 pm

Pethead wrote:What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 Iron_Maiden_-_Fear_Of_The_Dark

Always thought this one was underrated. There are definitely some clunkers on it, but there are also some great tunes. I much prefer it over NPftD or the two Blaze albums.

^Yeah the 90s was not so great for Maiden...  Though I think I actually prefer the Blaze albums over the 90s Bruce albums.  Fear of the Dark does indeed have some very good songs on it but it's such an uneven album and those clunkers prevent it for topping the more consistent Blaze releases for me.  No Prayer... is easily my least favorite Maiden album.  Hmm, I might-should queue up some Iron Maiden myself...  Smile

Now playing: Keen of the Crow - Speaker of the Suns

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:04 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Pethead wrote:What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 Iron_Maiden_-_Fear_Of_The_Dark

^Yeah the 90s was not so great for Maiden...  Though I think I actually prefer the Blaze albums over the 90s Bruce albums.  Fear of the Dark does indeed have some very good songs on it but it's such an uneven album and those clunkers prevent it for topping the more consistent Blaze releases for me.  No Prayer... is easily my least favorite Maiden album.  Hmm, I might-should queue up some Iron Maiden myself...  Smile

Now playing: Keen of the Crow - Speaker of the Suns
No Prayer does have Tailgunner. That’s one point in its favor, I guess.

I like the Blaze albums fine when they’re on, but afterwards I can’t remember most of them. (Except for the chorus of The Angel and the Gambler, since it’s repeated roughly 6,789,215 times).

I also found most of TFF and BoS a bit unmemorable, as well, although Mother of Mercy and Isle of Avalon are favorites. 

Now, to get myself banned, I think about half of Killers is kinda weak, as well…
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:28 pm

(The Longest Day just came on shuffle Smile )

I never could get into Tailgunner that much.  My favorites off of NPftD were always the title track and Mother Russia - though neither are especially great songs IMO.

Hahaha yes, Maiden are not afraid of repetition and The Angel and the Gambler is one of their worst offenses in that regard.  I actually don't mind it and think that song is kinda cool for what it is.  I really like The Educated Fool a lot, plus VXI has The Clansman which is a bit of a classic too.  The rest of the album is solid IMO, though still a far cry from their best material.  Same goes for TXF.  (They played The Sign Of The Cross on their latest tour which was a definitely highlight for Deadpool and me!)

I'm with you on TFF and BoS.  They have some good'uns on there but some fat that should've been trimmed...  AMoLaD is fantastic though and I've come to really enjoy Senjutsu.

IMO Killers has some GREAT songs but I wouldn't consider any of the rest "weak" - just not as strong.  Smile  I know some folks think Maiden had a second-album-slump with Killers but I prefer it over the s/t personally.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:42 pm

I’m a bad Maiden fan because I still haven’t listened to Senjutsu. My younger self would be slapping me around if he knew. (I don’t know that that made any sense).

AMoLaD is one of my top 3 Maiden albums.

Sign of the Cross is one of the best Blaze songs for sure. I prefer TXF over VXI. 

I prefer the debut to Killers, although Killers has better production. But for me, Maiden really gets going when Bruce joins up.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:59 pm

Massacre - Mythos
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:54 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m a bad Maiden fan because I still haven’t listened to Senjutsu. My younger self would be slapping me around if he knew. (I don’t know that that made any sense).

Angry Slap

Well since your younger self is obviously slacking, this one's from me!   Razz  (The Time Machine off of that album is currently playing, quite appropriately hahaha.)

Haha but seriously, it is a very good album.  I recommend you check it out!  Their best since AMoLaD in my opinion.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:39 pm

Amorphis - Queen of Time

This has to be one of the most beautiful metal albums ever.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:43 pm

Kerrick wrote:

and I've come to really enjoy Senjutsu.

IMO Killers has some GREAT songs but I wouldn't consider any of the rest "weak" - just not as strong.  Smile  I know some folks think Maiden had a second-album-slump with Killers but I prefer it over the s/t personally.
Senjutsu is my fave Maiden album in a long long time. Even though it was "released on 3 September 2021. It was their first album in almost six years, it was a critical and commercial success, praised for its ambitious epic scope" it is one of my fave albums of last year. That comes from a casual fan going back to their start.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:16 pm

AMoLaD is one of the few albums that every time I listen it's better. Might be my number 2 by them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:35 pm

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 PlaguesOfBabylon
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:AMoLaD is one of the few albums that every time I listen it's better. Might be my number 2 by them.
What’s number 1?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:53 pm

Pethead wrote:
Black Rider wrote:AMoLaD is one of the few albums that every time I listen it's better. Might be my number 2 by them.
What’s number 1?

"I am not a number...I am a FREE MAN!" 

"Hahahahahaha!"

Metal 1
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:15 pm

Pethead wrote:
What’s number 1?
Somewhere In Time. Lots of it is nostalgia but I love every song.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:34 pm

Huh...
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:56 am

Sabaton - Weapons Of The Modern Age (2022) was released Sept 30th. Another album about military history.

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 QGbu9qR
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:06 am

Darko US "Oni"
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:27 am

Sonata Arctica - Acoustic Adventures - Volume Two
What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 J7bP5CA
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:30 am

Innerforce - Arcadia
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:55 am

Ringo Starr - EP3
Ringo's latest. Yet another album from another Great Old Guy that just can't stop making new music and touring. A fun quick listen. 15 minutes divided by 5 songs. PEACE & LOVE PEACE & LOVE
What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 21 Xst3ken
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:11 am

Stratovarius - Survive
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

oldschooldoom, Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next