The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

+43
Theonymic
Nocturnal Servant
PlaceOfASkull
the Ceiling
Machine Fish
flat circle
chilejay7
scottmitchell74
Son of Nun
L8T
My Awesome Timothy
shekkian
Hardcore Christian
Highway Star
MagnusPrime
exo
outofstep
Pethead
Black Rider
Dustofyears
crucifyd
Contrarian Deist
Follower of Jesus
EternalSalvation777
Hidgxx
Andreas89
TZ75
Opeth3232
CCRockShow
Ammocas
Temple of Blood
Athanasius
heck
11razorwire
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
WildWorld
mothy
MikeInFla
oldschooldoom
Staybrite
Kerrick
47 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? Empty What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:47 pm

As with the Christian version, let's use this thread for posting what you're listening to that wouldn't fit into the Christian category.  Smile

Now playing:

My Silent Wake - The Mist

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by Staybrite Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Zebra - 3.V
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:21 am

Grateful Dead - Closing of Winterland

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:32 am

Kerrick wrote:As with the Christian version, let's use this thread for posting what you're listening to that wouldn't fit into the Christian category.  Smile
Pretty good idea actually, two separate threads.

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Pathfinder - Beyond the Space, Beyond the Time
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:06 am

Love me some Frank Zappa. I find him a very interesting man.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:54 am

Asphalt Ballet - Hell's Kitchen

Check it out if you are not familiar
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Man, I have bounced around everywhere.  I've listened to all of Ozzy's albums, Dio's albums, some Alice Cooper, Journey, Night Ranger, Joan Jett, and Romeo's Daughter.

I've also listened to all of John Schlitts solo albums, some Petra, some Messiah Prophet, my own Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band albums, Piercing the Darkness, both Rusty Shipp albums, and probably more that I am forgetting.  It has been a musical month for me!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:31 pm

I like all of the tunes I have heard from '77. Yes, they sound and LOOK just like someone else but it is a good classic sound. Almost like hearing classics you  never knew about!

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Euphoreon - The Grand Becoming

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Autograph - Missing Pieces
This album has a demo version of "Turn Up The Radio" and in the second half of the chorus they switch to the lyric "turn up the tape machine, I wanna feel it you know what I mean".  I can't listen to that line without cracking up.

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Last week and this week on my drive, I listened to the Blind Guardian discography including demos
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:43 am

I love hearing these bands that sound like other bands, some of their stuff is better than what the real bands are currently releasing! Wonder if there are any more out there? I remember years ago on the old CMR someone posted about a band that did music that sounded just like Pink Floyd but I can't remember the band. Same with The Doors. 

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:47 am

MikeInFla wrote:I love hearing these bands that sound like other bands, some of their stuff is better than what the real bands are currently releasing! Wonder if there are any more out there? I remember years ago on the old CMR someone posted about a band that did music that sounded just like Pink Floyd but I can't remember the band. Same with The Doors.
Mike, there are SOOOOO many tribute bands. Just go to YouTube and type in a popular band with the word 'tribute' after. I love the female Led Zep tribute bands. I know someone who is the lead singer in a Van Halen tribute band. The tribute bands try so hard to emulate legend bands during their prime.

Currently listening to a surprising great discovery. Check out the band Blackthorne. Search YouTube Blackthorne-Afterlife. I especially like their song
We Won't Be Forgotten
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Yeah, I dig those kind of bands -- the ones that do original songs in the style of classic bands as opposed to cover versions. I did go to YouTube and did a search for "sounds like Pink Floyd" but never found the exact one I was looking for (mentioned above) but I did find a cool one called "Roger Floyd" that was decent but pretty much ripped off The Wall. The songs were different from The Wall but sounded similar with different lyrics. Go to song 3 here and check it out https://rogerfloyd.bandcamp.com/releases even the ending speaking voices sound like Another Brick In The Wall. it was kind of funny "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" was changed into "How can I be your friend if you don't accept my friend request?". It's a song about Facebook.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:17 pm

Headstones - People Skills

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 pm

I've listened to The Headstones some, kind of remind me of The Clash. Their version of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is great. 
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:23 am

Wake of Sirens - The Blackest Deep
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 am

Staybrite wrote:Autograph - Missing Pieces
This album has a demo version of "Turn Up The Radio" and in the second half of the chorus they switch to the lyric "turn up the tape machine, I wanna feel it you know what I mean".  I can't listen to that line without cracking up.

Man, that was great! had never heard this demo before that is funny!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Black Rider wrote:I've listened to The Headstones some, kind of remind me of The Clash. Their version of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is great. 

I just heard that cover a few weeks ago myself.  Interesting song for them to cover and they did it well.  They seems to be an odd blend of hard rock and accessible punk.  I have 5 or 6 of their albums, and really dig them all.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Autograph - Missing Pieces

Man, that was great! had never heard this demo before that is funny!

Totally.  After hearing the studio version about half a million times on the radio in the 80's it is difficult not to snicker at the demo version lyric about the "tape machine".
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm

That's got a cool outlaw-country vibe to it.
Probably not something I would listen to with much regularity, but cool never-the-less.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:05 pm

When I'm in the mood I like Waylon, Willie and the boys so this fits in with that.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Dark Forrest - Oak, Ash & Thorn

Awesome new album, like up tempo Wytch Hazel
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:19 pm

^Nice.  I remember liking what I've heard of those guys.  How are their lyrics?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next