The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022

+6
Temple of Blood
alldatndensum
Fundy
Dr3ams
Black Rider
My Awesome Timothy
10 posters

Go down

CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022 Empty CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:52 am

The new Chaotic Resemblance album ‘Nazarites’ is out and it smokes.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down

CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022 Empty Re: CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:55 am

This album is a monster, album of the year material. It’s that good!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022 Empty Re: CHAOTIC RESEMBLANCE ~ Nazarites ~ New album 2022

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:55 am

This is good, kind of that early 80s hair metal sound still influenced by NWOBHM.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr3ams Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:45 am

I want it.
Dr3ams
Dr3ams
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:16 pm

It's on my "I want it" list
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

My Awesome Timothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:57 pm

As of this morning, you couldn't get the CD on their website.  If you send them a private message on FB, they will send you PayPal info for ordering.  I already did!  I should get to hear this before the end of the week!

With Chaotic Resemblance, Bride, Fear Not, The Brave, Stryper, and Rose all prepared to drop new albums this year, I am seriously blown away by all this awesomeness coming at one time.  I haven't been this excited about one year's music offerings in a long time.  I know there are a few others that are rumored to happen this year that I would also enjoy, but just this list I made is more than enough excitement for me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, My Awesome Timothy, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:29 am

I think there is 0% NWOBHM on this album.  Diamond Head / Angel Witch / Blitzkireg/ Holocaust this is not.  Not even early Def Leppard or Judas Priest.

Very pro and I appreciate the bold message.  This is not the style of rock/metal I like.  It sounds like a cross between modern rock, Nickelback's heavier songs and something Zakk Wylde would do except that this band has a really strong vocalist.  The actual music/riffs to me are very forgettable.  I am also not crazy about the production.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Staybrite, Pethead and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:47 pm

The album sounds way heavier than I was expecting. I always think L.A. Guns and Guns & Roses, Sunset Strip when I think of these guys. This is definitely not that. I must have made some assumptions along the way that weren't true. Only hearing the tracks on Youtube, these are dirty, driving metal riffs, southern swagger a la Disciple's "Southern Hospitality," with a worship track thrown in. A really interesting mix, all well done. Definitely looking forward to picking up a physical copy and hearing the whole thing. Love the lyrics! It'd be sweet if there were NWOBHM influences but I can't hear any on the available tracks.

On the production, it was produced by the guitar players from Disciple. The production makes sense from that perspective. Some of the short breakdowns make sense in that context as well. I think it sounds good but I really enjoy more modern Disciple (less nu-metal, more metal riffing, more guitar solos).
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:24 pm

I don’t really hear hair metal or NWOBHM on this. It’s fine (great lyrics and talented musicians), but it has more modern rock/nu-metal in the sound than hair or NWOBHM to my ears.

This reminds me of a couple years ago when people were fawning over Messenger’s In to Win as if it were the new leader of classic metal and I didn’t hear see what the fuss was. 

This album is far from bad, but it’s not really grabbing me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:06 pm

I received my CD today.

I am halfway through the album, and this doesn't sound like Chaotic Resemblance.  With Josiah Prince of Disciple producing, this sounds more like their "Southern Hospitality" album. It definitely rocks harder and lyrically is more direct than any previous projects.  The vocal delivery is much better here as well.

While many will hate this modern metal turn, this actually fits them pretty well.  I want to listen a few more times, but this is a really strong project.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:03 pm

I think it has a bit of a 90s Saxon vibe at points, why I said it has a hint of NWOBHM in it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:55 pm

I am listening to all their stuff this weekend.  All of their full length albums mix some old school and modern styles, so this isn't that far of a jump for the band.  I am diggin' this!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:37 pm

If you like the new direction of CR, then you should do yourself a favor and head over to Bandcamp and get the three albums by United Servants.  They are in a similar vein.  I am enjoying both!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:01 pm

YouTube Music has them also.  Cool
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:41 pm

Wandered over to check out United Servants and laughed at his description that he's making music that differs from anything out there. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad but It's not really original. Lots of Disciple influence though it gets heavier at times and even has a few growls. Good production too.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Black Rider wrote:Wandered over to check out United Servants and laughed at his description that he's making music that differs from anything out there. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad but It's not really original. Lots of Disciple influence though it gets heavier at times and even has a few growls. Good production too.

There is nothing new under the sun!  

I get what you mean, though.  Unless an artist is truly an original anymore and doing something that hasn't been done at all, all we seem to do is mix pieces of this and that together until we can pass it off as original.  United Servants isn't doing anything unique at all.  But, they are quite enjoyable.  I have listened to all three of the albums of theirs you can download on Bandcamp today.  I also listened to three albums by Chaotic Resemblance today while driving home from Huntsville today.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:29 pm

I'd say this is definitely their strongest and hardest rocking release so far but there is still room for improvement.  Like others have said, this is a more modern, gritty Southern metal style - like a collision between Skid Row's "Slave To The Grind" and Disciple's "Southern Hospitality."   The vocal delivery is a still an acquired taste at times because it's always full-throttle, but it's better here than on previous projects.

The strongest tracks are Wrath Of The Lamb, Passover Prophecy, Quick And The Dead, The Nazarite, and Surrender.  Closing track Unto The Lamb is also a decent heavy number.  The rest is a mixed bag of mostly skip-worthy songs.

Overall this is their strongest release so far IMO.  As far as style goes, not my favorite but it suits them well I think.  There's still room for improvement but they are definitely on the right track.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:31 pm

Finally got this through a Girder Black Friday sale. The production sounds monstrous coming out the stereo. I'm really enjoying this! Excited to get into it more. It is certainly shot through with passion. It's rare to hear anything that sounds this hungry. Lyrically it is on fire!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Fundy and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:49 am

I've got it coming as a Christmas present, but I've been listening to it lots on youtube.  Out of all the new stuff I'll be getting on Christmas day... Saint, Stryper, The Brave, All For The King, Dale Thompson, Later Reign etc...  I've gotta say I've been listening to Chaotic Resemblance the most.  The musical style may not be my favourite, but those lyrics are really solid, and as Frozen Fire has just said, they are 'on fire'.  Absolutely love the passion of the album, and there's a good chance it will make my album of the year.  I don't think there's a song I don't like, and I have never had to hit the skip button on any track.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Frozen Fire and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down