The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies

4 posters

Go down

Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies Empty Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies

Post by BringItDown Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Anyone vibing on this? I like Born Through Fire more (Alcorn's side project with Lambesis), - however - these guys have a lot of classics. Sorta like if Letter Kills and Dead Poetic back 18 years ago mixed some aggression and theology into the cauldron.

BringItDown
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies Empty Re: Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Been listening to this daily for a week. For me, this is their best album yet. Every song is fantastic and I'm still digging into the layers. Kiss the Wave is catchy enough that my kids liked it instantly. My current favorite is Eulogies.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies Empty Re: Wolves at the Gate new album Eulogies

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Starting to sound like Linkin Park.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:47 pm

Agreed, BR. I remember one of LP's albums had a 30- minute length, and this Wolves offering is similarly short.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:21 am

They definitely have some lighter pop sensibilities mixed in with some really dark themes on this album. It is still classic WATG though.

I guess never listening to Linkin Park beyond the singles you couldn't escape in the late 90s early 2000's has me confused. I thought they were numetal with rap? Peace That Starts The War has a bit of that vibe but Linkin Park had metal riffing like the above?

On the running time, they've never had an album with a running time under 45 minutes.

Last edited by Frozen Fire on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:01 am

LP wasn't all rap metal, like most of those groups, they branched out.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:15 am

Black Rider wrote:LP wasn't all rap metal, like most of those groups, they branched out.

I knew that but I thought they grew into a more alternative direction. Like I said, I don't really know the band. I'll take your word for it when you say that about WATG. With my limited knowledge I thought just one track reminded of them but I don't really know.

The positive for me is that Wolves At The Gate has definitely honed their diversity. They have the track I linked above, which is a raging metal track, and they have an amped up but mature cover of a Shane and Shane track and still kept their signature sound with tracks like Deadweight.

That last one gives me that Linkin Park, numetal vibe with the rhythmic vocals on the verses.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down