The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

+11
ThomasEversole
scottmitchell74
Andreas89
WildWorld
Guenther321
Kerrick
deathisgain
Theonymic
KaramKaram
Staybrite
ChosenNightwolf
15 posters

Go down

First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power Empty First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

Post by ChosenNightwolf Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:29 pm

I don't know about you, but I am SO psyched for this!

ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power Empty Re: First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

Post by Staybrite Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm

Wow, that is certainly just a teaser.  It will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power Empty Re: First announcement teaser drops for Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

Post by KaramKaram Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:28 pm

I thought it was CGI, I was wrong:

KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:49 pm

I'm nervous that they are going to go full woke on this, or that it will include omnifarious gratuitous vulgarities.

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

deathisgain, alldatndensum, Kerrick, ThomasEversole, Constantine, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 pm

Theonymic wrote:I'm nervous that they are going to go full woke on this, or that it will include omnifarious gratuitous vulgarities.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:42 pm

Theonymic wrote:I'm nervous that they are going to go full woke on this, or that it will include omnifarious gratuitous vulgarities.

I highly doubt that will happen, considering that Peter Jackson's Weta Digital and Weta Workshop will be handling the special effects and Tolkien scholars will be working on the dialogue for each episode's script.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:57 pm

Hey Theonymic! Good to see you here. Smile I'll hold off on pestering you for album #2... for now. Wink

I suspect it'll be full-woke. Amazon's other fantasy show The Wheel Of Time was woke-ified (so I hear; I haven't read the books nor seen the show).

ChosenNightWolf, I hope the Tolkien scholars aren't these goofs from the Tolkien Society! alien
https://notthebee.com/article/the-tolkien-society-goes-full-woke-bows-to-the-will-of-sauron-in-new-summer-seminar

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:28 am

Kerrick wrote:Hey Theonymic!  Good to see you here.  Smile  I'll hold off on pestering you for album #2... for now.  Wink

I suspect it'll be full-woke.  Amazon's other fantasy show The Wheel Of Time was woke-ified (so I hear; I haven't read the books nor seen the show).

ChosenNightWolf, I hope the Tolkien scholars aren't these goofs from the Tolkien Society!  alien
https://notthebee.com/article/the-tolkien-society-goes-full-woke-bows-to-the-will-of-sauron-in-new-summer-seminar
Wheel of Time isn't "woke" from what I can tell.  The author just wanted to make something new and interesting by breaking with many over used tropes in the fantasy genre.  The biggest complaint I hear from people who have read the books, is that most of the source material is left out of the show so you're really just getting a thin storyline with bad acting.

I'm hopeful about this.  I'm not familiar with the stories or books this will be based on so I'm just going to keep an open mind and enjoy what I can.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:40 am

Can we have a power metal soundtrack for this show?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Andreas89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:07 am

^I'm pleased to inform you that I have found something even better:

Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:41 am

I can't get excited anymore because of this.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:07 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Oh Lord. <facepalm, shakes head> Scott, you haven't even seen anything other than the first announcement teaser that I posted. The series premieres on September 2, so give it a chance and watch a couple of the episodes before you say anything negative. I'm excited for it and looking forward to it.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:42 am

I think many considered it a 'woke red flag' because Jeff Bezos commented on wanting 'his own Game of Thrones' before Amazon purchased Lord of the Rings.

I've only read a little about this, but apparently according to one 'Tolkien scholar' (Tom Shippey), Amazon has a green light to "add to" LOTR lore, so long as what's added doesn't contradict "canon".

The Fellowship of the Ring prologue briefly mentions a hobbit breed (Harfoot) that have 'darker skin'.  According to one actor for the new Amazon LOTR (Lenny Henry), it sounds like there's an entire cast of 'indigenous hobbits' called Harfoot, who are portrayed by Asian, Black and Maori actors.

At its core, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that concept.  ...but I myself, don't trust 'Hollywood' to not hire based on diversity, rather than acting skills, and to take what would have been traditionally a fleeting characteristic, and turn it into the primary focus of the series.

Sort of like this Yorkshire Ripper documentary I watched on Netflix.  The interviews with survivors recounted how they were bashed over the head or narrowly escaped some other way for about 30% of the time, and the remaining 70% was 'look at how 1 man took power away from women' and other stories of 'protesting the patriarchy' because of a serial killer.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:09 am

ChosenNightwolf wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Oh Lord. <facepalm, shakes head> Scott, you haven't even seen anything other than the first announcement teaser that I posted. The series premieres on September 2, so give it a chance and watch a couple of the episodes before you say anything negative. I'm excited for it and looking forward to it.

I mean I can't get excited for anything anymore because it's all contaminated.  I'll wait and let others be the "canary in the coal mine. "
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:56 pm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Staybrite, deathisgain and ThomasEversole like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:46 pm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Staybrite, ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:45 pm

Oh boy if they had just made him/her/it an "elf of color" they would have covered all the bases in one character!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:37 pm

I expected the hobbits of color (hoc?) considering how predictable the woke are and the harfoot plot I mentioned earlier... but... 

The dwarf women, don't have beards?  I thought they had to adhere to canon?  HAHA!   Laughing
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:57 am

Oh.  I see there 's already a thread.  Should have looked first face palm

So I'll ask here- anyone got a bucket!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:38 pm

I saw the new trailer during the Superbowl. I'll reserve judgment until I actually watch it, but it's not getting me over excited.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:37 pm

Underwhelmed and exhausted by all this orc/troll/dwarf/Hobbit stuff.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:34 am

Really looking forward to this prequel
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Guenther321 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:19 am

oldschooldoom wrote:Really looking forward to this prequel
Me too.  I'm not so hung up on stuff that I'm gonna be upset about little details.  I didnt care about the changes the LOTR or Hobbit movies, so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over this...

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:43 pm

BaleMaster wrote:Underwhelmed and exhausted by all this orc/troll/dwarf/Hobbit stuff.
My feelings exactly.  Pass.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:36 pm

Just started listening to a podcast on Spotify called The Council of Elrond. It has quite a few episodes about the differences between the books and the movies. I haven't read the books since high school, so I'm really surprised at how drastic the changes were in the Lord of the Rings movies...

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down